protests against the rangers board. (owner)

gunslinger

You can count me out of any protests too many glory hunters as far as I'm concerned when we were winning nine in a row everything was fine now when we're going thru bad times folk want to protest fuck that I was going to the brox when THE ENEMY dominated from the late 60's to the middle 70's but I still turned up and we had some very poor players at that time (how the fuck Jim Denny got a game in the 1971 scottish cup final is still a mystery to me) and we weren't always runners up in the league but its your team you follow them thru the good times and the bad (this is starting to sound like a battle cry) I'm not happy whats happening just now but I'll be back at the brox for the start of the new season whatever happens end of rant. :uk:

protests forced davie white out at the very time you are talking about.

theirs a good chance we were protesting before the taigs and yet alot of people on here seem to think they hold the copywrite on it.

Were you there at the time?

I was about 11 at the time Davie White got the bullet and there was no protest from the fans it was the board that shafted him, the day he got the sack willie waddell was lined up to take over from him and the same thing happened to Scott Symone prior to white taking over even then Rangers were still getting good crowds ok both managers made mistakes but I honestly dont remember protests or my dad or grandpa talking about it, however I do remember in the 80's when things weren't going well for Greig as manager then big Jock Wallace took over for a second stint thats when the fans made their feelings known by not turning up I remember going when there was 17,000 at the brox but I still went because Rangers is in my blood whether they win trophies or not everyone has their opinion and I would never knock them for it but I'll ALWAYS stick by Rangers, things will come good again we've just got to keep the faith, fuck me that was a long rant. :D:uk:

I remember ma auld man dragging me by the hand to join the protest at Ibrox front gate after a match in the early 60s but don't have clue who it was against.... remember they were giving it laldy though. :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact is we have lived beyond our means in the past and the chickens are coming home to roost now. The current financial climate is not helping nor is the fact we get a hell of a lot less in TV money than teams in other countries do. The way the club has been run recently leaves a lot to be desired and Murray hiding in his Edinburgh bunker does not help either. Protests are undignified and they achieve the square root of fuck all. If people want to protest, fine, that is their right but they wont be representing me.

Brilliant post Mister C (tu) i agree with you 100% protests would do more harm than good especially at this time. (PS) i loved you in "Happy Days" no surrender mucker. :uk:

I am not going to slag off the OP for this thread,no matter how strongly I disagree about protesting against the Rangers board.

I can certainly understand the frustration of a percentage of our fans at all the conflicting stories and current events emanating from the corridors of power at Ibrox Park, but protesting against SDM or the board is in my opinion,counter productive,senseless and an extra tool for the so called GFITW to attack our great club.....not to mention the parasitical Media who feed on such stuff, twist the story into a frenzy of lies and untruths and print the crap under the laughable term of "Journalistic relevance to the Public."

Murray, as I said in previous posts, divides our support like no other person, past or present...(Not even the signing of Maurice Johnston) comes close. Now, no matter whether you are pro-Murray ot anti-Murray, he is the man who will decide whether and when he walks away from Rangers FC or whether he stays, because it doesn't matter what the general support think should be happening at Ibrox Park regards signing player and transfers, he is the man with the controlling money.

Don't blindly think that Murray will simply walk away just because some Rangers fans will protest publicly against his stewardship of our great club, because he won't.He knows what the Rangers supporters think of todays predicament, so unless somebody comes up with the money to satisfy Murray and meets his criteria to hand over the reins, we are stuck with him,for good or bad.

The only other option for supporters to accelerate a change of ownership at Ibrox is to STAY AWAY from all home games...Don't buy merchandise etc! which in turn will see this once mighty club (And I use that underlined term in a monetary sense, because we are still mighty on the park) lose more money hand over fist to the point where we have no players of any half decent quality to challenge for silverware.

If that is the way you want ownership changed, that is your prerogative do do just that.

It all comes down to whether you would rather see the club suffer more humiliation to attain the demise of Sir David Murray and the board.

I personally, would rather remain a supporter of the greatest club on the planet,in my eyes,through the difficult times, than be classed as a customer who walks away from the concert just because I don't like the conductor.

Born a Ranger, Lived a Ranger, Die a Ranger.:21::praise::scot:

You can count me out of any protests too many glory hunters as far as I'm concerned when we were winning nine in a row everything was fine now when we're going thru bad times folk want to protest fuck that I was going to the brox when THE ENEMY dominated from the late 60's to the middle 70's but I still turned up and we had some very poor players at that time (how the fuck Jim Denny got a game in the 1971 scottish cup final is still a mystery to me) and we weren't always runners up in the league but its your team you follow them thru the good times and the bad (this is starting to sound like a battle cry) I'm not happy whats happening just now but I'll be back at the brox for the start of the new season whatever happens end of rant. :uk:

theirs a good chance we were protesting before the taigs and yet alot of people on here seem to think they hold the copywrite on it.

I was about 11 at the time Davie White got the bullet and there was no protest from the fans it was the board that shafted him, the day he got the sack willie waddell was lined up to take over from him and the same thing happened to Scott Symone prior to white taking over even then Rangers were still getting good crowds ok both managers made mistakes but I honestly dont remember protests or my dad or grandpa talking about it, however I do remember in the 80's when things weren't going well for Greig as manager then big Jock Wallace took over for a second stint thats when the fans made their feelings known by not turning up I remember going when there was 17,000 at the brox but I still went because Rangers is in my blood whether they win trophies or not everyone has their opinion and I would never knock them for it but I'll ALWAYS stick by Rangers, things will come good again we've just got to keep the faith, fuck me that was a long rant. :D:uk:

I remember ma auld man dragging me by the hand to join the protest at Ibrox front gate after a match in the early 60s but don't have clue who it was against.... remember they were giving it laldy though. :D

Early 60's we had a good team and we were still winning trophy's it was really 67 onwards THE ENEMY started to dominate I honestly cant remember any protests or been told about them by my dad or grandpa but I suppose there was no forums, open lines etc to inform folk what was happening so there may have been I just cant see the point of protesting but as i said before i respect everyones opinion if they want to go ahead and do it, its just not for me. :uk:

Early 60's we had a good team and we were still winning trophy's it was really 67 onwards THE ENEMY started to dominate I honestly cant remember any protests or been told about them by my dad or grandpa but I suppose there was no forums, open lines etc to inform folk what was happening so there may have been I just cant see the point of protesting but as i said before i respect everyones opinion if they want to go ahead and do it, its just not for me. :uk:

I was 9 in 67 so that sounds about right (memory's gettin worse), don't know if their protest did any good but the auld yin wis beelin (all week) :anguish:

"Minnbear"I was 9 in 67 so that sounds about right (memory's gettin worse), don't know if their protest did any good but the auld yin wis beelin (all week) :anguish:

real boydie9 Think I've arsed this post up Minnbear fucking computers. :uk:

I read a thread earlier about 3000 AC Milan fans protesting against there owner for lack of ambition in the transfer market, and I automatically thought to myself that would never happen with us.

Now if we thought a protest would force SDM to sell up any quicker, then I think maybe a few would jump on the bandwagon.

He would sell as quick as you like - at anytime - if there is a deal that suits him and Rangers - no point in protesting about that unless there are BETTER alternates waiting to buy us out!

what do we think about this idea.

alot of people will of course say its to soon wait and see but waiting till september may be to late.

You have a point - we needed 3 or 4 players before letting 5 go.

We are pretty fucked here. I dont see why you lot are being so positive. We need about 6 players and have nothing to buy them with. Im going to be fucked off after every game next season, the wife and kids wont be happy.

its BOLLOX whats happening!

so what do we do at said protest? Do we say we want to keep players till there contracts run down? How about we kidnap out of contract players and force them to sign. If davis, shager, boogie were let go thats a fire sale a taig, hibee, money graber, unfit stevie smith, a yank as much use as a plank and novo is notg

contracts can be renewed at normal clubs.

2 of the 3 were offered new deals and refused

thomson wasnt offered a new deal and the info i have is he wouldnt have got offered 1

:rolleyes:

I read a thread earlier about 3000 AC Milan fans protesting against there owner for lack of ambition in the transfer market, and I automatically thought to myself that would never happen with us.

Now if we thought a protest would force SDM to sell up any quicker, then I think maybe a few would jump on the bandwagon.

He would sell as quick as you like - at anytime - if there is a deal that suits him and Rangers - no point in protesting about that unless there are BETTER alternates waiting to buy us out!

Exactly. Will a protest magic a wirthwhile buyer out of thin air? I think not

what do we think about this idea.

alot of people will of course say its to soon wait and see but waiting till september may be to late.

As some have said mate I just don't know what a protest could expect to achieve right now.

wasnt born but i know people who were.

their were protests against greig as well. and at other times i guess surrender monkeys were more comon in the rangers support in the past.

perhaps we can remove the suits him part from the eqasion.

or make it so as what suits him is to get out as fast as possible without any regard for financial gain.

davis murray himself told us douglas park offered to take over for a pound.

fact is any money murray takes from a buyer will limit the future funds put into rangers

Why?

Sold Wilson who had a year to run on his contract - No qualms with that.

Sold Thomson - wee bit annoyed.

Boyd left - good.

And you want a protest?

12 senior players left with no prospect of replacements coming in any time soon, perhaps ?

Unbelievable that there's still people who don't see what's happening.

If I remember correctly Walter warned about this, and he was laughed at.

Some people on this thread are exactly what's wrong with the Rangers support.

'I don't want to protest, I want to sit quietly in my seat and shut the hell up'

Calling people who want to protest against the very people that are destroying the club surrender monkeys ?

That's more a term for people who let this happen.