Kyle Lafferty

Mahabone

He showed promise at the end of last season, so hopefully that spurs him on to a more productive season. Mind you I said the same thing at the end of the 08/09 season.

I'd feel alot better about our forwards if either this South African or Croatian sign though

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know why people start threads on certain players, we all know what this was going to lead too.

Opinions ?.

There are opinions and then theres people who just cant support him.

i dont know why people start threads on certain players, we all know what this was going to lead too.

Opinions ?.

On this thread people seem to have the same opinion on him about how its his last chance TBH.

Opinions ?.

On this thread people seem to have the same opinion on him about how its his last chance TBH.

I Think its his last chance too. i ddint say i wish he would fuck off just now or hes totally shite but. The man has proved in games he has got talent, just never on a regular basis. People just find it easier to have a dig at players than support him. While hes still at this club he should receive the full backing of every supporter IMO. He gets enough negativity from the taigs.

I think he will do well this year. People forget he is only 21 ffs, He played well against Blackburn! Think he will come on this year.

He seem's to have been 21 for the last two seasons. He's 23 in September.

Yet Andy little is 21 and hes classed as a youngster still, weird.

I wouldn't call him a youngster either, but Kyle Lafferty has made about 150+ more first team appearances than Little.

I think he doesn't tend to get praised as much as others, even when he has a good game. He's still learning his trade, has scored some important goals for us and I have confidence in him to become a good player for us for years to come. He has the confidence to make it here, he just needs a run of games with a good partner up front (Miller, preferably) in my opinion.

With us being linked with a couple of strikers recently, I can't help but feel he'll be played out wide, yet again.

Personally,I still think wide left is his best position. (tu)

Last chance. If he can't get it going this season, on a consistant basis, then he has to be moved on. No point in turning up every so often. He had some good halves of football last season, and some absolutely horrendous games, just like the previous season.

Certainly hope he's not played out wide, and I'm not too sure if he's a striker - not a goalscorer, targetman or provider.

It's up to him to start performing, and show that he can make it at Rangers. He has to start the season off well, or he's going to struggle once again.

I think he's a goalscorer mate, must be honest.

Some of his finishing has been absolutely brilliant when given the chance, but I still think he works 'too hard' if such a thing is possible. He genuinely plays like a big Bluenose and is running about all over the shop to get the ball, but if he took a leaf from Boyd's book and concentrated on getting in the box and finishing moves, he could easily score 20 plus.

Last chance. If he can't get it going this season, on a consistant basis, then he has to be moved on. No point in turning up every so often. He had some good halves of football last season, and some absolutely horrendous games, just like the previous season.

Certainly hope he's not played out wide, and I'm not too sure if he's a striker - not a goalscorer, targetman or provider.

It's up to him to start performing, and show that he can make it at Rangers. He has to start the season off well, or he's going to struggle once again.

Some of his finishing has been absolutely brilliant when given the chance, but I still think he works 'too hard' if such a thing is possible. He genuinely plays like a big Bluenose and is running about all over the shop to get the ball, but if he took a leaf from Boyd's book and concentrated on getting in the box and finishing moves, he could easily score 20 plus.

Wouldn't say he was a goalscorer.

Some of his finishes have been sublime but he doesn't really have a killer instinct like Boyd to be an out and out goalscorer. When he gets through on a one on one he seems to think the job is done and hits a very tame effort.

He'll be a bit like Miller. After a very good season he could well end up with 20/25 goals but more often than not he'll be a more 10/15 goal a season man - which isn't a bad thing, if he makes it up with assists and such like.

I think he doesn't tend to get praised as much as others, even when he has a good game. He's still learning his trade, has scored some important goals for us and I have confidence in him to become a good player for us for years to come. He has the confidence to make it here, he just needs a run of games with a good partner up front (Miller, preferably) in my opinion.

With us being linked with a couple of strikers recently, I can't help but feel he'll be played out wide, yet again.

Personally,I still think wide left is his best position. (tu)

I agree, I think he would score far more goals from a wide left position than as a central striker because he has shown absolutely no indication that he knows how to play as a central striker, or has the attributes to do so.

Yet Andy little is 21 and hes classed as a youngster still, weird.

I wouldn't call him a youngster either, but Kyle Lafferty has made about 150+ more first team appearances than Little.

Neither would i but he seems to be in the youngster bracket when spoken about on the website.

Totaaly agree Papa.

I know everyone has an opinion on the guy so, for what it's worth, here is mine; Firstly, I am staggered that he receives as much criticism as he does. I genuinely feel that I must sometimes be watching a different player to everyone else. His form toward the end of last season was, for me, an indication of how well he will play in the forward position, but that aside, his overall play when stuck on the wing is really quite fine.

I challenege those that disagree to go over the games from last season see how many assists he was responsible for. Also, check out how many he set up which were scuffed by Miller et al. His overall contribution whenever he plays is great. The problem some Rangers fans seem to have is the tendency to criticise one player and make him th escapegoat for a variety of problems with the team.

As mentioned, I'm not here to blow smoke up his arse. This is more my way of saying I have every confidence in the guy scoring twenty-five plus this season.

By the way, I am not him before anyone asks.

Would like to see him have a good season but not convinced he can be consistent enough. Time will tell.

Good username btw. ;)

I also love the fact that the unwashed hate the guy.

Lafferty scoring a last minute winner against them would be special.

Absolutely. He seems to genuinely love Rangers. Tims seem to utterly despise him. If only he scored more goals he'd be an ideal fan favourite. I get the impression some fans would prefer him to hurry up and fail completely so we get rid, but I don't understand that. I'd rather Lafferty did the job for us than almost anyone else.

Agree with every word.