Jamie Ness

Bobby83

Very good performance. Walter will have to really have a good excuse (im sure he'll find one) to not played the kid now. He was very composed, a great level of technique for a Scottish lad and is pretty well built so could handle the physical side of the league.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good performance. Walter will have to really have a good excuse (im sure he'll find one) to not played the kid now. He was very composed, a great level of technique for a Scottish lad and is pretty well built so could handle the physical side of the league.

Is a cracking prospect, as a few are.

That bit.... I can give you a couple right now..

Steve Davis, Mo Edu :sherlock:

Is a cracking prospect, as a few are.

That bit.... I can give you a couple right now..

Steve Davis, Mo Edu :sherlock:

We also have McCulloch, to be quite fair, the chance of Smith ever dropping big Lee is extremely slim. :lol:

Some years ago I likened Jamie Ness to Jim Baxter, strutting about splaying passes. He's got a real chance. (tu)

I saw him last year and along with Wylde was a real stand out in the team head and shoulders above everyone else. Hope he makes it and although tis quite a comparison lets just hope he is even 20% of the player slim jim was as we really would have a player.

Some years ago I likened Jamie Ness to Jim Baxter, strutting about splaying passes. He's got a real chance. (tu)

High praise indeed. Not sure I would go that far, but, I see where you are coming from.

Think I have said before, in FM2010, Wylde is labeled "The next Davie Cooper"

If that all came true, the good times are definately on the way back!

Speaking of comparisons and Football Manager...

Lol - I've never heard of anyone else describe him like that, and I've never played FM in my life. Thieving gits...

Speaking of comparisons and Football Manager...

nessbaxter.jpg

:D

i just clicked that pic there and my computer had crashed, popped up virus saying i was having an attack on my computer, no one else???

mibbe my system, summit wrang anyway

Don't like when players get labeled the next ........ It's just put more pressure on them and quite frankly it's not needed.

Jamie Ness, and Gregg Wylde are there own man with there own style, let just let them develop without the unnecessary tags. Ness has a good chance to stake a claim this year, especially with McCulloch suspended for the first two games.

Don't like when players get labeled the next ........ It's just put more pressure on them and quite frankly it's not needed.

Jamie Ness, and Gregg Wylde are there own man with there own style, let just let them develop without the unnecessary tags. Ness has a good chance to stake a claim this year, especially with McCulloch suspended for the first two games.

(tu)

Spot on.

Imagine fans with decades of experience of watching players, then spotting and commenting on similarities they see in the new breed. Ridiculous. :craphead:

The players you are trying to match them with are legends, the likes of Cooper and Baxter were one offs. To burden the likes of Ness and Wylde with this type of tag is a only going to end up with disappointment when they don't live up to the high expectations.

At the moment they are two young players trying to make there own name in the game, lets just give them a chance to develop before any type of similarities can be made. ;)

As I said last night, he's the closest thing we have to a Xavi.

Similar build, similar style. If Smith came out at the start of the year and said that Ness would be a first choice in central midfield alongside Davis, I don't think we'd be any weaker for it.

A superbly talented young man who I hope has got over his injury problems.

Imagine fans with decades of experience of watching players, then spotting and commenting on similarities they see in the new breed. Ridiculous. :craphead:

The players you are trying to match them with are legends, the likes of Cooper and Baxter were one offs. To burden the likes of Ness and Wylde with this type of tag is a only going to end up with disappointment when they don't live up to the high expectations.

At the moment they are two young players trying to make there own name in the game, lets just give them a chance to develop before any type of similarities can be made. ;)

Grumpy bassa :beer1:

I know what you mean though, but, at least is not "could be the next Sebo"

The problem players like Ness,Wylde and Fleck have is the lack of regular 1st team football they will get between 17 and 21.

They don't need to play every game but you simply will not see Walter play a boy of 18 or 19 regularly by choice.

A youngster in his eyes is around 21 or 22 and with 1 or 2 exceptions players like McCulloch and Broadfoot will fill in rather than these young lads getting a chance in their regular position.

Sadly their development is stifled at Rangers during these formative years which is why we end up buying the "finished articles" from Hibs,Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd etc etc

Grumpy bassa :beer1:

I know what you mean though, but, at least is not "could be the next Sebo"

Look what happened to Fleck, the abuse he was getting from some was sickening last season. It's not being a grumpy bassa :P

I'm just being realistic, I have high hopes for both players... But I ain't going down the road that leads to unnecessary pressure to these two boys trying to make a name for themselves.

The problem players like Ness,Wylde and Fleck have is the lack of regular 1st team football they will get between 17 and 21.

They don't need to play every game but you simply will not see Walter play a boy of 18 or 19 regularly by choice.

A youngster in his eyes is around 21 or 22 and with 1 or 2 exceptions players like McCulloch and Broadfoot will fill in rather than these young lads getting a chance in their regular position.

Sadly their development is stifled at Rangers during these formative years which is why we end up buying the "finished articles" from Hibs,Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd etc etc

Exactly. Thats why he has to make at least a dozen starts this year to have a chance at realising his potential - He will be 20 before this season is up. MacMillan in my eyes has been wasted - hes 22 in Oct. Wylde is also coming no for 20. Fleck 19 this month and will be lucky to start a handful of games under the current management team, especially with his injury now.