Tommy Smith on his way

Ibroxblue

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like we've been let off the hook with that one :lol:

I've always thought Jamie Murphy at Motherwell was a great prospect, but after his start to the season I can imagine they would want more, or are just not willing to sell at all.

Portsmouth administrator Andrew Andronikou has confirmed talks are ongoing regarding a deal to sell Tommy Smith to Rangers.

Smithspacer.gif was a target for the SPL champions earlier in the summer when Pompey rejected a 'derisory' bid believed to be in the region of £300,000.

Rangers have now gone back in for the 30-year-old as Ibrox boss Walter Smithspacer.gif seeks to bolster his attacking options before the start of the new season.

A deal for Rapid Vienna front man Nikica Jelavic is in the pipeline and former Watfordspacer.gif player Smith could also head to Scotland.

Andronikou told The News: "There has been dialogue and that will continue. We'll see where it goes."

Smith joined Pompey from Watford last summer, but has scored just once in 19 appearances during his time at Fratton Park.spacer.gif

He started the club's opening day defeat at Coventry Cityspacer.gif last Saturday and has also been linked with a £1.5million move to Queens Park Rangers.spacer.gif

Thats form sky sports

He is cabale of being a good player up here. He hasnt performed well in the premiership which is a waaaaaaay better standard of league. in the championship he was a good player.

People need to give players a fucking chance before they sign.

He is cabale of being a good player up here. He hasnt performed well in the premiership which is a waaaaaaay better standard of league. in the championship he was a good player.

No - people need to assess a player before he signs.

Tommy Smith is not worth a penny more than £750,000

[quote name=rfcShaun' date='11 August 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1281516216'

post='1058186689]

Well its a shame its not up to us who we sign ao give the guy a chance.

'He can play up front or out wide,' The thing is though, he can't score, can't beat a man, is not a natural wide player and has no pace.

IMO he is a similar player to Naismith but only worse. I really hope this deal falls through!

[quote name=rfcShaun' date='11 August 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1281516216'

post='1058186689]

Well its a shame its not up to us who we sign ao give the guy a chance.

David Nugent was also a good player in the Championship.

I wouldn't give you a fiver for him now.

I really dont understand why we would be linked with Smith he is awful. Smith and Bain have both come out and said we are looking for players who will IMPROVE the squad and IMHO there is no way he could do that no better than Naismith and Lafferty infact i would class him as worse.

There is no sense in this deal he is 30 going on 31 and for us to pay £1.5mill for him would be crazy with the prospect of getting nothing back for him.

I really dont understand why we would be linked with Smith he is awful. Smith and Bain have both come out and said we are looking for players who will IMPROVE the squad and IMHO there is no way he could do that no better than Naismith and Lafferty infact i would class him as worse.

There is no sense in this deal he is 30 going on 31 and for us to pay £1.5mill for him would be crazy with the prospect of getting nothing back for him.

This.

From the Sun in England

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3090019/QPR-set-to-sign-Tommy-Smith.html

TOMMY SMITH is set to join QPR for £1.5million.

The Portsmouth forward, 30, has been told he can leave as the cash-strapped club need £7m to start paying back creditors.

I hope this 1 is true.

If we sign Smith & Jelavic, I think that means Lafferty & Naismith will be used in midfield more often than up top.

I'm not overly impressed with the prospect of signing Smith - but then again I had the same impression when the papers talked of us signing Novo, Prso & Rod Wallace...look how they turned out :)(tu)