Tommy Smith on his way

Ibroxblue

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with Goodwillie? He seems to have become this player who has gotten better over the summer without even kicking a ball. He's like Buffel, the less he plays, the better he gets. He's not proven himself, he's had 2-3 decent months in the SPL - he's not even in the top 5 strikers in the league, and that's out with Rangers and celtc. Just a lazy suggestion and if we can't find better, then there is something far wrong!

Surely goodwillie makes much better business sense?

We are a football team, not a business

If no business, no football team. ph34r.gif

I never said no business, but every decision made cant be to maximise profit

yes agree, but 1.5mill for a 30 year old who has lets be honest has achieved fuck all in his career to get us excited about, is not good football never mind business. When your club is in a bad shape like Rangers is, then splashing money on players who are not going to make the team any better or maximize profit then thats a bad move for all party's concerned.

Hopefully not true but it's the kind of thing i've been afraid of, so much pressure to get new players in that we end up going for someone who isn't good enough.

We do need new players but they still have to be the right players, we'd be as well bringing up the Under 14's if we're going to sign anyone just for the sake of it.

What is it with Goodwillie? He seems to have become this player who has gotten better over the summer without even kicking a ball. He's like Buffel, the less he plays, the better he gets. He's not proven himself, he's had 2-3 decent months in the SPL - he's not even in the top 5 strikers in the league, and that's out with Rangers and celtc. Just a lazy suggestion and if we can't find better, then there is something far wrong!

I dont disagree, i think there are much better cheaper options out there. But alot of people on the forum dont have knowledge of the other, cheaper ,European league's that you and others have. Many will just watch the SPL and the EPL and the Champions League.

If you are taking about posters of course, if this is aimed at our managment and scouting, then im sure you know aswell as i do. Smith likes to buy Scottish.

£1.5 million for a 30 year old who has been in the championship consistantly with no european experience...................

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

either Walter is losing it or hes a fucking genius either way i wont keep my hopes up on this guy

Bring on Jelavic

and the south african pair

£12 million to the bank aswell if we keep this up out of debt bu 2013-2014 including intrest

3 in a row

If we spend £1.5m on this shit cunt, i'm going to lose faith in Walter's dealings in the transfer market because we can get much, much better players for that price.

I hope this is just the usual run of the mill papaer talk bullshit because all of the forwards we have are better than this guy, that's to sum up this "reported" transfer.

what 5 stikers are better?

Signing Smith would make no sense.especially with us going for jelavic,Welcome and Mphela and with Lafferty,Miller,Velicka,Naismith and Fleck as strikers...

Think the Sun has tried for an exclusive and fucked up...they've got the wrong Rangers

Hugh Keevins opened the sports news with something along the lines of:

"remember where you were standing when you heard this news - Rangers have signed their first player for 2 years" then went on to say that (THE) Rangers have signed Tommy Smith and he will be here for saturday.

Again, if you believe the Scottish Press then we have signed the lad and good luck to him.

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!! Im only telling you what Keevins said, and he doesnt like to be proven wrong EVER!

The Mirror was saying Smith was going to sign for Queens Park Rangers. So maybe somebody's got hold of the wrong end of the stick. We'll see.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-QPR-to-sign-1-5m-Portsmouth-midfielder-Tommy-Smith-article549167.html

:lol: that would be typical

If we spend £1.5m on this shit cunt, i'm going to lose faith in Walter's dealings in the transfer market because we can get much, much better players for that price.

I hope this is just the usual run of the mill papaer talk bullshit because all of the forwards we have are better than this guy, that's to sum up this "reported" transfer.

i lost my faith after kaunas

the last 2 years have been a joy actually knowing that smith couldnt waste anymore transfer cash :wink:

red face time for someone at the sun :craphead:

Fulham Chronicle - Paul Warburton

QPR target Portsmouth winger Tommy Smith

QPR have turned their attentions to right-winger Tommy Smith as the final piece in a pre-season jigsaw following a failed attempt for Reading’s Jobi McAnuff.

Smith is available for a fraction of the £1.8million Portsmouth paid Watford for the 30-year-old a year ago as the relegated Premiership club look to slash a wage bill that plunged them into administration.

Rangers enquired about McAnuff nearly a month ago, but were put off by the £2million asking price.

However, they still need someone on the right to complete a squad that gets going with an outing at non-league Tavistock FC on Monday – and boss Neil Warnock thinks Smith could fit the bill.

The ex-Watford star was a Vicarage Road hero for three seasons, and has the added advantage in QPR eyes of mixing a wide role with successful stints as striker and attacking midfielder.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-....2029-2 6813820/