Beattie at Ibrox today

RangersAndy

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am against the principle behind the signing.

Murray told the fans to our faces that the days of signing 30 plus players on high wages with no resale value were a thing of the past as we couldn't afford to keep going down that route.

Now we are on the verge of signing 2 in the one week who fall in to that category.

In my view this is why we are in the financial mess we are in and signings like this are not the way forward.

However when Beattie pulls on the jersey he will get supported regardless as that's what we do.

While sell-on value is always something we should be looking for, sometimes it's just not the case.

Will Beattie strengthen our forward line? Absolutely. Right now, that's all we should be looking at.

Nail on Head.

If he comes in and bangs 30 goals this season to clinch us 3IAR and bank another £10M+ will anyone be shouting about his sell on value?

If sell on value is our MAIN priority then we should stay clear of England. Sometimes however you buy guys you know will fit in and I think Beattie will fit right in. He has a runner to do the leg work and he'll bang them in for us.

Lets call it a good stop gap for two years.

While sell-on value is always something we should be looking for, sometimes it's just not the case.

Will Beattie strengthen our forward line? Absolutely. Right now, that's all we should be looking at.

Nail on Head.

If he comes in and bangs 30 goals this season to clinch us 4IAR and bank another £10M+ will anyone be shouting about his sell on value?

If sell on value is our MAIN priority then we should stay clear of England. Sometimes however you buy guys you know will fit in and I think Beattie will fit right in. He has a runner to do the leg work and he'll bang them in for us.

think we need 3 in a row before we go on to 4 :sherlock:

Nail on Head.

If he comes in and bangs 30 goals this season to clinch us 4IAR and bank another £10M+ will anyone be shouting about his sell on value?

think we need 3 in a row before we go on to 4 :sherlock:

haha my bad :ph34r:

I was on the ibrox tour and saw him talking to walter.

good signing, should score for fun up here

and won't look out of place in a cold inverness wednesday night in december!

Good post mate, its good to see a good honest post.

Whether he scores 30 or not, we still have to qualify for the champions League.

I think :)

Yes, the CHAMPIONS route. We really should be qualifying from it.

It's the other route we'll struggle.

Murray told the fans to our faces that the days of signing 30 plus players on high wages with no resale value were a thing of the past as we couldn't afford to keep going down that route.

Now we are on the verge of signing 2 in the one week who fall in to that category.

In my view this is why we are in the financial mess we are in and signings like this are not the way forward.

However when Beattie pulls on the jersey he will get supported regardless as that's what we do.

And you actually believed that clown???

Whether he scores 30 or not, we still have to qualify for the champions League.

I think :)

Yeah we would have to play 1 qualifier, if we win the league this year, to get into the champions league group stage. But that qualifier would be against the champions of a league ranked lower than the Scottish league, so we would probably be big favourites. Whereas if we Finnish second we have two qualifiers the second of which would be against a team who finnished 4th in one of the big 4 leauges :wink:

The role Rangers need to go down is getting into the CL for money.

Yes mate. I have logged off for an hour and had a good think and now believe Beatie is a good buy. Rangers will NOT break any self imposed wage structure. The lad is a good football player and i believe he will come to us and try his socks off for us and bang in a lot of goals. He doesn't want to play in the CL and basically "turn up". He will want to show Europe that he is a good player.

I'd even hazard a guess that he personally (note i say HE PERSONALLY) hopes he can catch the eye of Cappello.

Yeah we would have to play 1 qualifier, if we win the league this year, to get into the champions league group stage. But that qualifier would be against the champions of a league ranked lower than the Scottish league, so we would probably be big favourites. Whereas if we Finnish second we have two qualifiers the second of which would be against a team who finnished 4th in one of the big 4 leauges :wink:

We are the people though, and we can do the impossible.

Exactly - Short term fixes.

Not good enough.

Exactly - Short term fixes.

Not good enough.

You are right about short term fixes but what else can we do? The squad needs strengthening and with Walter only here for the season it looks like the bank/board will not release funds for an investment that might have some resale value.