Donald Muir (the enemy within apparently)

I don't get what point you're trying to make here?

Walter Smith isn't the best manager in our history, he's up there though.

Facts are stranger than fiction, Big Eck above Walter in the stats, whoever would have thought it. I am not making any point, the facts do that. :sherlock:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts are stranger than fiction, Big Eck above Walter in the stats, whoever would have thought it. I am not making any point, the facts do that. :sherlock:

:lol:

Are you for real? For starters, you can't compare a manager who spent four and a half years at a club, to a manager who spent 10 and a half. If you wanted to do it that way, Walters won more games than Eck..... :sherlock:

I wonder what Niko Jelavic would make of all this?

Listen.. we have been lucky to have some very fine men as Managers of our great club. From the Wilton/Struth era to present day. We can debate ad infinitum who was the best, the worst.. but they are all part of our great history.

But going back to the original point.. Donald Muir was never 'The enemy within'. It is because of some financial prudence introduced by Muir and co that we can sign players the quality of Niko.

:lol:

Are you for real? For starters, you can't compare a manager who spent four and a half years at a club, to a manager who spent 10 and a half. If you wanted to do it that way, Walters won more games than Eck..... :sherlock:

Straws clutching at, if you don't agree with the stats contact my good friends at Westside Loyal RSC. :craphead:

I wonder what Niko Jelavic would make of all this?

Listen.. we have been lucky to have some very fine men as Managers of our great club. From the Wilton/Struth era to present day. We can debate ad infinitum who was the best, the worst.. but they are all part of our great history.

But going back to the original point.. Donald Muir was never 'The enemy within'. It is because of some financial prudence introduced by Muir and co that we can sign players the quality of Niko.

(tu)(tu)(tu)

All of our managers have failed to take us beyond the Scottish league on a consistent basis!

That flies in the face of your earlier post where you stated that Scottish clubs were expected to get to QF's and SF's when Symon was in charge.

That flies in the face of your earlier post where you stated that Scottish clubs were expected to get to QF's and SF's when Symon was in charge.

No it doesn't. They key word being consistent.

No it doesn't. They key word being consistent.

In the 12 years from 1960 - 3 finals, 2 semi-finals, 3 quarter-finals. That is the sort of thing which makes you a big club.

We hear far too much nowadays about Europe being a bonus or just about the money it brings in.

In the 12 years from 1960 - 3 finals, 2 semi-finals, 3 quarter-finals. That is the sort of thing which makes you a big club.

We hear far too much nowadays about Europe being a bonus or just about the money it brings in.

(tu)(tu)(tu)(tu)(tu)

Instead of comparing success in different era's, you would be as well to compare apples and oranges - both fruits, but utterly different.

Scottish fitba once produced a steady stream of top class players and now we do nothing of the kind. Consequentially, The Rangers of this era, have to compete in a market for players completely skewed in favour of the richest clubs and, currently, we cannot compete. And I agree with you that our ambition and club status should demand we expect much more.

Time to get out of the SPL or here we will fester. Or finals, as Smith recently led us to, will become increasingly rare outcomes.

Flecky - Muir is a Murray appointment. Ye cannae say he's done well in spite of Murray when Murray put him there giving him the role and the remit!

Exactly! but just try explaining these facts to know-it-alls like Flecky. :rolleyes:

Instead of comparing success in different era's, you would be as well to compare apples and oranges - both fruits, but utterly different.

Scottish fitba once produced a steady stream of top class players and now we do nothing of the kind. Consequentially, The Rangers of this era, have to compete in a market for players completely skewed in favour of the richest clubs and, currently, we cannot compete. And I agree with you that our ambition and club status should demand we expect much more.

Time to get out of the SPL or here we will fester. Or finals, as Smith recently led us to, will become increasingly rare outcomes.

The richest leagues have always attracted the best players, mate, you only have to look at the increase Baxter got when he went south, and not even to one of the bigger outfits.

There has been a huge shift in the attitudes of our players, which I believe has hindered us as much as the failure of Scottish football to move with the times with regard to coaching, fitness etc. We used to have true Rangers men staying with us for their whole careers, something which very rarely happens these days.

In short, The Rangers was the pinnacle, as far one of our own was concerned. Where are these players nowadays?

The richest leagues have always attracted the best players, mate, you only have to look at the increase Baxter got when he went south, and not even to one of the bigger outfits.

There has been a huge shift in the attitudes of our players, which I believe has hindered us as much as the failure of Scottish football to move with the times with regard to coaching, fitness etc. We used to have true Rangers men staying with us for their whole careers, something which very rarely happens these days.

In short, The Rangers was the pinnacle, as far one of our own was concerned. Where are these players nowadays?

All of what you say is true, I am complete agreement with your views. I expect the very best for The Rangers and to me that means only one thing - regularly challenging at the top table in Europe.

If it is to happen consistently again then we must get out of the SPL. No ifs, buts or mibbes about it.

Einstein put it best: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

All of what you say is true, I am complete agreement with your views. I expect the very best for The Rangers and to me that means only one thing - regularly challenging at the top table in Europe.

If it is to happen consistently again then we must get out of the SPL. No ifs, buts or mibbes about it.

Einstein put it best: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Agree mate.. But I'd go a little further..

I expect The Rangers to challenge in every competition -- not just Europe. If we played Brasil at Ibrox... I'd expect us to win.

Totally unrealistic -- but that's the expectation at a club like ours. We expect excellence in everything. From Ibrox, the tea lady, the entire organization -- the support -- everything.

Agree mate.. But I'd go a little further..

I expect The Rangers to challenge in every competition -- not just Europe. If we played Brasil at Ibrox... I'd expect us to win.

Totally unrealistic -- but that's the expectation at a club like ours. We expect excellence in everything. From Ibrox, the tea lady, the entire organization -- the support -- everything.

Agree (tu)

The lowering of ambition and drastic downsizing during the second part of DMs ownership have been shameful

Wonder what the greatest Rangers manager of all time would have thought of the quality of some employees both on and off the park at present.

We should always aim to employ the very best person for each and every position.

I never doubt the words of the great man, there is something uniquely comforting and calming in those words of Bill Struth.

"I have been lucky - lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room.

In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country.

To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him.

Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers.

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it.

Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity .

No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome.

That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

A shining example of a man and his devotion to our club, something to which we will all aspire.

Exactly! but just try explaining these facts to know-it-alls like Flecky. :rolleyes:

moses didnt quite get what i was on about, any chance you can to take a pop at the fleck, eh! doh!

fuck you, you are so wide of the mark, its not true, stop having a go at me even when yer wrong, your making a right cunt of yourself!

wrong wrong and wrong again polar :wanker:

(tu)

thank fuck someone wants to

i dont even know how smith and past managers got brought into this

at the end of the day, we are roughly 25mill i debt????????? but have just spent 7mill on players and contracts for players

surely some praise for the banks and the people dealing with them is due

thank fuck someone wants to

i dont even know how smith and past managers got brought into this

at the end of the day, we are roughly 25mill i debt????????? but have just spent 7mill on players and contracts for players

surely some praise for the banks and the people dealing with them is due

Maybe because Walter said the bank had their man in, but Walter said a few things. If this is things getting worse, long may it continue.

moses didnt quite get what i was on about, any chance you can to take a pop at the fleck, eh! doh!

fuck you, you are so wide of the mark, its not true, stop having a go at me even when yer wrong, your making a right cunt of yourself!

wrong wrong and wrong again polar :wanker:

(tu)

will I take a pop at you at every opportunity? absolutely! you are so out to lunch with your comments.You should be embarrassed. :blush:

3 cheers for AJ, Mr Muir and LBG

Well done, in spite of Murray n Bain , you have provided us with the much needed financial muscle to keep our squad strong and able to defend what is rightfully ours, the league crown.

Well Done Lloyds, Well Done Mr Chairman and Well Done Mr Muir

Thank You

:clap:

:21:

So Johnston and Bain work to take the club one way and Muir the other, and yet it's Johnston and Muir who get the credit?

Also, I fail to see what part Lloyds have contributed in making our squad stronger, other than put restrictions on us.

Why can't the doom and gloomers admit that thankfully for all our sakes and the clubs, that they were wrong about everything from Muir to our imminent demise, and move on.

This (tu)

But that won't stop some of them even though they were wrong, wrong and wrong again.