We Need To Calm Down

minstral

Saw so many folk at the game on Saturday with Beattie on their shirts that it really made me wonder what sort of people are so impatient that they can't wait for a signing to actually contribute somethig before they get the hero status!

Personally, I'd rather go to Easter Road on Sunday with Broadfoot on my back than Weiss or Jelavic.

Let's see if they deserve the acclaim before they actually get it! And lets really hope that all three signings produce waht we hope thay can before we get oo excited!

I agree with you i am over the moon but still wary having signed player before that have let us down. :)

Stéphane Guivarc'h. I thought he'd be brilliant for us.

Mind you - I also thought big Hateley would never ever cut it for us because he was total mince at first.

The easiest ever in terms of just knowing it would come good? Watching Davie Cooper tear into The Rangers for Clydebank at Kilbowie (midweek game - league cup maybe?) no long before he signed. I've never seen a player of another team talked about with such open excitement by Rangers supporters after a game. Not before and certainly not since.

Between yesterday i have read on the board that we are going to win everything plus reach another European final.

Thats the minimum we should expect. I want to be WINNING that final minst. :D

Nobody is saying we are definetly going to win this cup or that cup. We're just being really optimistic, and we damn well should be in my opinion. Heres hoping :21:

:beattie: :weiss: :jelavic:

Davis is a CM not a RM, he's such a good guy and hard worker that he pulls it off but if we want to see the best Stevie D then it's in the middle with Weiss to the right of him and either Big Mo or McCulloch alongside him, then who's on the left is a debate? Lafferty, Naismith, Fleck or Wylde.

(tu)

If we go on Walter's usual thinking I would not be surprised to see Davis back on the right and Weiss coming inside from the left; not the way to get the best out of either but as I said I would not be at all surprised.

how about the players we've signed in the past who have been successful? Granted Beattie and Weiss might be unknown quantities to a certain extent but in Jelavic I reckon we've signed a player who is worth getting excited about. Doubt we'll win the CL but it's nice to hear positives after all the doom and gloom shite printed in the mhedia for the past 2 seasons.

True -- we are happy... Over optimistic about Europe. But Minstral, you need to remember that only last year we were faced with Lloyds potentially conducting a fire sale. Administration looming etc.

Bitter reality will always present itself. Folks are allowed to be excited. I know what you are saying -- but Bears are just enjoying themselves at the moment.

Hibs away tomorrow... is a tough test. We will win. But we will also see that we are not Barca as well.

(tu)

Haven't bought my CL Final ticket just yet! :lol:

I understand what minstral is on about because guys like us who go way back into the early 1950's have long memories about class players signing for us who didn't quite gel into the team like we thought they would.

Jelavic, Weiss and Beattie are quality...and that's not debatable, but what minstral is saying is right...Be optimistic and excited at what has just happened, just don't get like a certain mob last year who declared to anyone who would listen that the league was already won and ended up looking like a bunch of eedjits.

I think the three signings have been a great boost for us all and we are entitled to get excited over them but we have to get our sensible heads back on and not get ahead of ourselves, potentially we have a great wee squad on our hands right now but we have to see how things pan out in the next few weeks. I'm confident Jelavic and Weiss will make a great contribution this season as will Beattie but lets not act like the taigs and start believing we are world beaters now. We still have a tough season ahead of us and i'm looking forward to every moment of it.