Bain ups his offer to Kenny Miller

Misteral

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain has made Kenny Miller a second new contract offer

Miller's current deal is due to expire next summer and the 30-year-old striker has turned down an extension which would have seen his basic wage cut.

However, Bain believes he has now come up with a deal good enough to keep Miller, who is reportedly being tracked by Newcastle.

"I've offered Kenny an extension to his contract," Bain told the Daily Record. "The dealings I've had with him and his agent over the last week to ten days have been great. It's now up to Kenny. The offer is there and we'd like him to extend his contract.

"He was made an original offer which he rejected and I understood his rationale for doing so. Since then, we have continued to talk and I have made him a second offer."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=817681&sec=scotland&cc=4716

Hope it's an acceptable one.

I don't blame Kenny Miller for not accepting a new deal that involves a pay cut...After the way he has played the past year or so, I think asking him to take a cut in wages is absolutely ridiculous and a slap in the face to a guy who has worked his arse off to help our cause with his work rate and goals.

I'd be very disappointed to see him go, especially with the start he's got off to this season already.

Sign him up Mr Bain. :pipe:

I don't blame Kenny Miller for not accepting a new deal that involves a pay cut...After the way he has played the past year or so, I think asking him to take a cut in wages is absolutely ridiculous and a slap in the face to a guy who has worked his arse off to help our cause with his work rate and goals.

I'd be very disappointed to see him go, especially with the start he's got off to this season already.

Sign him up Mr Bain. :pipe:

Totally agree.

I'm actually very confident Miller will re-sign on.

It's on the official site now that Bain is confident Miller will put pen to paper etc.

He wouldn't be sticking his neck on the line like that if he didn't know something we dont. I don't remember a story like that at any point with Boyd, which is also a good sign.