Passing

Davie2909

It's the inability to cross a ball that worries me. Too often we get into a good area then fail at crossing the ball.

If we don't work on getting the ball into the box then we won't see the best of Jelavic. Simple as that.

It's the inability to cross a ball that worries me. Too often we get into a good area then fail at crossing the ball.

If we don't work on getting the ball into the box then we won't see the best of Jelavic. Simple as that.

Agree with you on that one

I would agree the passing was poor today but I wouldn't say its getting worse every week. Papac was really below par today, constantly allowed the winger in behind him on a number of occassions. He's better than that. Hopefully, he picks up soon. Took the goal well though.

Davis was below par today..

weiss was the only player in that midfield today that really wanted to get us going but there was no movement what so ever around him.

couple times the ball was played into the box and there was nobody there.

I don't know why our players find it so hard to play a simple 5 yard pass, why they continually play the ball behind, and make the wrong pass?

Our final ball is horrific aswell.

With Davis in CM he should be dropping off to pick the ball up and spray it about but the last 2 games he has been shocking.

The passing in the first half at Easter Road last week was horrendous!

PASSING......The most basic thing you learn a junior when he starts to play football; from 5 yards to 25 yards...Then you teach him how to cross a ball.

So why the fuck do we pay players a fortune if they can't even do the basics? :anguish:

There is something drastically wrong here if this is the case.

From what I've seen from the first few games of the season, our passing only improves when we raise the tempo of the game. So far, we've started every game very lethargically and with little movement with or without the ball, the passing becomes inconsistent and laboured. If we sort out this reactive mentality in games to a more active philosophy, I feel we will improve greatly. Get at teams from the off, with incisive one and two touch 5 yards passes instead of looking for the "Hollywood" and we'll fair better.