Rangers sign Richard Foster

1st_Jan_1994

Will foster be allowed to play against Aberdeen and will velicka be able to play against us?

Ps, if the blue jerseys on he'll have my full support,

Welcome rickie

IWWT

(just glad wattie didn't get dailly back as his utility player lol)

I doubt it,Velicka shouldn't be allowed to play against us anyway,he knows where the fucking net is when he's match sharp.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst Foster does not have enough quality to command a place in the starting 11... He has enough in his bag to be an important squad player over the course of the season. Look at it this way.. We've got a striker who won't get a game for us off the books. At the sametime we've managed to aqquire another player who can play in several positions that we're short in.

Good bit of business in my opinion.

RICKY FOSTER inadvertently helped Rangers become champions two seasons ago and now he is relishing the prospect of playing in Light Blue in the Champions League.

Foster put the ball into the Aberdeen net when Kenny Miller drove it across the face of goal in the penultimate game of the season and when Miller scored a second goal Rangers were in pole positiRichard Fosteron,

A week later they clinched the crown at Tannadice and having retained the title last season they have another crack at Europe's elite competition and Foster can scarcely believe he can be involved.

He was in a whirlwind tonight as Rangers agreed a loan deal to take him from Aberdeen on deadline day.

He told rangers.co.uk: "It has all happened very quickly. I was surprised the way things have gone and I'm very excited by it.

"I remember that goal two seasons ago. It was a pure mistake. Scoring at Ibrox was something I had thought about but not an own goal.

"It was not a highlight for me but at least I can say I have scored for Rangers at Ibrox and hopefully I can add a few more this season.

"The Champions League is the biggest stage of all and to have a chance of playing there is terrific.

"You look at the teams in the group and it's going to be brilliant.

"I have never been to a Champions League match at Ibrox but having watched on TV you can see that the atmosphere is incredible so it's something that I would love to be involved in.

"This is a really good opportunity for me. I am under no illusions that I am going to walk into the team but I will work really hard to try to get there and if I do it will be a great personal achievement.

"I know a lot of the players already having played against them a few times and also with them with Scotland under-21s.

"I know Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker and Kirk Broadfoot from that time.

"So I have to hit the ground running and show what I can do in training and try to get into the manager's plans as early as I can.

"If you look at the Rangers team it's going to be difficult for me to break in. Hopefully my pace can be an asset in either of the full back positions or further forward.

"I realise that I am a squad player but I hope to do what I can to show that I can play for Rangers."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20100831/dream-chance-for-foster_2254024_2141130

Like his attitude - no big time charlie here.

A lot of these type of comments are made as if Ricky Foster is actually reading this thread...

Pointless and baffling, it really is...

You don't know he wont get to read it,when Craig Moore was diagnosed with testicular cancer i passed the link to the RangersMedia thread about it onto his wifes side of the family who i grew up with,you never know who's lurking on the forum.

I doubt it,Velicka shouldn't be allowed to play against us anyway,he knows where the fucking net is when he's match sharp.

Was ever so slightly worried about this, he can be a handful wen he's on form. Wattie wud have a bit off egg on his face if he was allowed to play v RFC and did score against us

When was the last time we signed a player on loan from another SPL club? Or have we ever done it before?

never mind that. whens the last time we signed someone from fucking aberdeen. thats embarrassing,

and he was always a wee hacking cunt when he played against us.

We have to give him a chance.

He came from the sheep, could be worse, he could have came from the mob across the city.

It's a loan, personally, I can't wait to see how he performs. He'll find it hard trying to displace Whitty, Papac, Boughie, Weir & Webster. I reckon he can put in a shift for us.

He's now living our dream, so lets support him.

Ricky, Welcome to the greatest club you'll ever play for. :21:

Exactly what does Ricky Foster offer Rangers? We have better players in the U19s who now won't get a chance. First poor signing we have made, this doesn't strike me as being one that Walter has planned.

who would have wanted this then.???? are trying to say we're turning into a hearts.????

who would have wanted this then.???? are trying to say we're turning into a hearts.????

Eh.....what?

I said it doesn't strike me as one Walter has planned, meaning it has been a spur of the moment signing. What on earth has that got to do with fucking Hearts?

I'm not overly chuffed but thinking about it the deal makes sense in the fact velika would get hee haw games for us this season, we have lots of options in that department. Foster I can't see being a starter but he will fill in at the back when needed and would be of more use to us. Can't be dissapointed, the squad is now more balanced at least he is a more natural full back than Broadfoot etc

Well when Miller signed most of use were going off yer heads. As soon as I have an opinion about this scum bag whom is piss poor you all have a go! well,I couldn't care less,but try to remember what you say ;)

You're entitled to your opinion i still don't like Miller but he's doing a turn for us,how's Foster a scumbag tho ?

Do you just dislike him or has he done something ?