tims to wear the poppy again

Celtic Football Club is delighted to have supported the Poppyscotland charity for a number of years.

The club can confirm that Poppyscotland has requested through the SPL that all clubs wear the poppy on the shirt during the weekend fixtures of 13th/14th November 2010 around Remembrance Sunday.

A statement from Poppyscotland reads: “Poppyscotland is delighted to be working with the Scottish Premier League and its clubs to promote the 2010 Scottish Poppy Appeal.

The poppy shirt initiative, which was launched in 2008, has helped to raise awareness of Poppyscotland’s life-changing work for ex-Servicemen, women and their families living in Scotland, many of whom experience a range of difficulties as they struggle to adjust to civilian life.

Poppyscotland Chief Executive Ian McGregor said: “The initiative has generated a huge amount of additional exposure for the Scottish Poppy Appeal and we are extremely grateful to the SPL and the clubs for their support once again.”

Poppyscotland continually strives to develop fresh ideas to keep its important work at the front of the Scottish public’s mind and while the poppy shirt initiative has been very successful, going forward, Poppyscotland will be inviting the SPL clubs to get involved in alternative activities, beginning next year in recognition of the Scottish Poppy Appeal’s 90th anniversary.

Ian McGregor added: “Having developed great relationships with the clubs over the past two seasons, we look forward to another successful programme of activity this November, and to unveiling the new anniversary initiatives in 2011.”

In light of Poppyscotland's decision to carry out alternative Remembrance activities from next year, Celtic Football Club has decided that it will be giving another charity the opportunity to feature on the Celtic shirt in 2011 to raise awareness of their work. Further details of this will be announced in due course.

there fans are outraged over this, scumbags.... :anguish:

n light of Poppyscotland's decision to carry out alternative Remembrance activities from next year, Celtic Football Club has decided that it will be giving another charity the opportunity to feature on the Celtic shirt in 2011 to raise awareness of their work. Further details of this will be announced in due course.

Famine?

Are they wearing the poppy or not? it's the list bit that threw me

In light of Poppyscotland's decision to carry out alternative Remembrance activities from next year, Celtic Football Club has decided that it will be giving another charity the opportunity to feature on the Celtic shirt in 2011 to raise awareness of their work. Further details of this will be announced in due course.

You know what this means, white poppy :anguish:

So long as they are located in Great Britain they should be forced to wear it, fucking scum.

No they shouldn't.

Forcing someone to wear it is disrespectful to the memories of the fallen. It also goes against what they were fighting for really. Let them not wear and show themselves up for the scum they are.

I also hate how they're solely going down the charity line with this. The poppy isn't about charity, it's about showing respect for those that died for the country.

A horrible club run by mutants.

I daresay the non-Scottish Celtic players are largely ignorant to some of the vermin that's in their support, and don't share their political 'views'. If their players want to wear a shirt with the poppy on it, then there's no problem with that. A significant amount of their fans will be squirming though.

It's one of those situations where the club is more out of order than their fans with that ridiculous statement.

I know plenty of 'them' who are proud to wear a poppy and/or are in the army and marines.

No they shouldn't.

Forcing someone to wear it is disrespectful to the memories of the fallen. It also goes against what they were fighting for really. Let them not wear and show themselves up for the scum they are.

I also hate how they're solely going down the charity line with this. The poppy isn't about charity, it's about showing respect for those that died for the country.

A horrible club run by mutants.

:lol: Best description I've heard of them in yonks.

Every player in Scotland should have the choice of whether they wear it or not.

If they don't respect it - don't wear it.

It would probably surprise the scum to see that most of their players, if not all of them, would choose to wear it - this would make them more angry.

If they don't want to wear it, let them not wear it.

See how the good people of our country react to these vile creatures not respecting and honouring the men who fought and died for our country.

I'd much rather a handful of people wore it with respect and pride, than everyone wore it through it being compulsory.

I will honour my grandfather who fought in the war, and many others of the like.

These men should never be forgotten. In the going down of the Sun and in the morning.

We will rememeber them.

If they don't want to wear it, let them not wear it.

See how the good people of our country react to these vile creatures not respecting and honouring the men who fought and died for our country.

I`d imagine the `good people` of the country would react in the same way the good people of England do when Manchester United and Liverpool fans don`t wear it.

Namely, they don`t give a shit.

The poppy is a personal choice, if someone wants to wear one fine, if they don`t, fine.

The way the poppy has been coerced into a point scoring excercise for Rangers supporters in recent years is pretty shameful and, IMO devalues the whole sentiments behind the cause.

I`d imagine the `good people` of the country would react in the same way the good people of England do when Manchester United and Liverpool fans don`t wear it.

The poppy is a personal choice, if someone wants to wear one fine, if they don`t, fine.

The way the poppy has been coerced into a point scoring excercise for Rangers supporters in recent years is pretty shameful and, IMO devalues the whole sentiments behind the cause.

If someone doesn't want to wear it, fair enough.

If the 'supporters clubs' are planning an anti-poppy protest as at least one CSC is, then it becomes an issue.

Interesting your post appeared twenty minutes after a link to this thread was posted on kerrydale street....

Your club decided it should wear the poppy on it's shirt underestimating how scummy you lot actually are. The country certainly care when you sing songs about the IRA during minutes silences for the war dead.

Filth like you can never lecture us on devaluing the sentiment behind the poppy appeal.

Feck off back to kerrydale street ya mutant....

I`d imagine the `good people` of the country would react in the same way the good people of England do 1.when Manchester United and Liverpool fans don`t wear it.

2. The poppy is a personal choice, if someone wants to wear one fine, if they don`t, fine.

3. The way the poppy has been coerced into a point scoring excercise for Rangers supporters in recent years is pretty shameful and, IMO devalues the whole sentiments behind the cause.

1. Rubbish we do wear the Poppy and we are Proud to be British

2. No its not fine

3. What a load of shite Rangers fans are spot on supporting our troops and our

Country

I am an English ( British) United fan by the way