Ref for old firm game

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand why people hate refs. Personally i don’t care much who refs us. Aty the end of the day........score more goals. Now, i know people will say that he will stop us scoring goals by cheating, i can’t argue with that.

But i feel there is far too much attention paid to Refs now, let them get on with it, and TBH, it sounds paranoid as fuck, and i cringe reading stuff about refs week in week out.

Look at the decision we have had this season people, we do alright and i think things always even themselves out when it comes to refs. They have a very hard job to do

I understand why people hate refs. Personally i don’t care much who refs us. Aty the end of the day........score more goals. Now, i know people will say that he will stop us scoring goals by cheating, i can’t argue with that.

But i feel there is far too much attention paid to Refs now, let them get on with it, and TBH, it sounds paranoid as fuck, and i cringe reading stuff about refs week in week out.

Look at the decision we have had this season people, we do alright and i think things always even themselves out when it comes to refs. They have a very hard job to do

Suppose it is a Friday ;)

I don't think there is a conspiracy against us or the tims, it's a ridiculous notion.

There are poor refs, with someone like brines top of the list for me, and they can affect the outcome of games obviously so it's worthy of discussion

I don't think there is a conspiracy against us or the tims, it's a ridiculous notion.

There are poor refs, with someone like brines top of the list for me, and they can affect the outcome of games obviously so it's worthy of discussion

I agree.................there is a difference between a bad ref and a cheat. That is my point which i should have made clearer in my previous post :anguish:

I've never seen a biased ref, loads of bad ones, however.

The only one I dislike is Collum. But even at that, remember the incident at Easter Road last season when we won the league - Hibs could have had a stone wall penalty near the end that he could have easily have blown for and no-one would have blamed him. So little things like that tend to stick in my mind too.

10 years ago.

Seems an awfully long time when one considers the law of averages. I'm sure Craig Thomson will be more than fair though given he even goes as far as apologising for not giving Celtic penalties at Ibrox.

Will 2010 be the year the Establishment delivers a Rangers penalty at Parkhead? These are now rarer than hen's teeth!