Can Lawell do this?

1st_Jan_1994

Just seen this on Kerrydale Street.

I reckon it's time for Lawwell to come out and ban them for the next match at Celtic Park.

I asked him at one of the Q&As why he was allowing the fans he is supposed to protect to be racially abused every time the filth come to town. He said Celtic had reported the filths songbook through the SFA's official channels several times and if they continued to get nowhere then ultimately he'd have to ban them.

I'd have liked to come back to him and say if your getting nowhere with the SFA then go over their heads but wasn't given the opportunity.

I thought there was legislation that ensured you had to give a percentage of your stadium to visiting fans and any ban would have to come from a governing body, rather than a club with a childish chip on their shoulder?

If he did this there would be cvil war - its one thing the SFA to ban them (or us) for nonsense but if he did this I dread to think where that would end up.

However I think he is just appeasing his fans and using deflection techniques from their own shortcomings

"...why he was allowing the fans he is supposed to protect to be racially abused..."

Is this is the Irish race we're talking about? I might be being picky here but if they're going to complain then they should really get the terminology correct. The Irish are not a race.

Well we did it to them, unless the rules have changed?

Yeah we did. In 1994, but if you believe the cynic or paranoia in the tims - David Murray fabricated the whole story about broken seats and Celtic FC refusing to pay, just because the legislation I mentioned was coming into effect the following season and this was the last chance he had to "get one over" on them.

Don't believe that for one minute.

"...why he was allowing the fans he is supposed to protect to be racially abused..."

Is this is the Irish race we're talking about? I might be being picky here but if they're going to complain then they should really get the terminology correct. The Irish are not a race.

Believe me mate the majority of Irish want nothing to do with that shower.

Racially abused I assume refers to The Famine Song. I'm fairly certain that the vast majority of the 40,000 who regularly attend carry British passports, therefore the logic of the grievance is as skewered as their thinking behind referees,the way others perceive them etc etc............

Yeah we did. In 1994, but if you believe the cynic or paranoia in the tims - David Murray fabricated the whole story about broken seats and Celtic FC refusing to pay, just because the legislation I mentioned was coming into effect the following season and this was the last chance he had to "get one over" on them.

Don't believe that for one minute.

Totally agree with you, Murray was right in what he did back then. But if the rules have changed then I can't see them getting away with banning us, we would probably just retaliate in kind anyway.

Totally agree with you, Murray was right in what he did back then. But if the rules have changed then I can't see them getting away with banning us, we would probably just retaliate in kind anyway.

couldnt disagree more, an old firm game with only 1 set of fans is/was just not the same

we need theyre fans at ibrox to verbally abuse and they need us at brendanbau for us to verbally abuse them

couldnt disagree more, an old firm game with only 1 set of fans is/was just not the same

we need theyre fans at ibrox to verbally abuse and they need us at brendanbau for us to verbally abuse them

I was there at that game and it was quite surreal, but we had to take a stand against them at that time as they were not taking any responsibility for the damage that they caused on a regular basis.

They are thick as fuck. The only thing Scottish football has got is the old firm game. people outwith Scotland dont give a shit about anything else. If you start banning away fans then its finished. They are going too far with the easily offended stuff now and its going to come back and bite them right on the arse. old firm games are tame as fuck now compared to what they used to be because of their constant letter writing about being offended by songs. In saying that i would be perfectly happy to tell them to stay the fuck away from Ibrox. Fuck them. We can never win these games without them starting pish about refs or fans.

the famine song isnt even racist

Dear C*ltic Support

If you love Ireland so much, why don't you go live there?

Simples

Not racist

exacly they can all go live there not just the irish decent ones. all of them so how could it possibly be racist.

if anything its pro irish as well.

exacly they can all go live there not just the irish decent ones. all of them so how could it possibly be racist.

if anything its pro irish as well.

exactly, 'Visit Ireland' will take a clover leaf out of Konamis books and have it on the adverts in no time

Has there ever been a sporting entity more ridiculous and absurd than celtic and their fans - the human equivalent of raw sewage?

I'm just waiting to find out that their entire existence has been one massive joke from start to finish.

Peter Lawell in a nutshell.