Mike Tyson returning to boxing.

PaulRFC1

I honestly think that if he gets himself into shape and applies himself, he could end up in a title fight. There is nothing special in the heavyweight division just now, and Mike Tyson might just still have a few good fights left in him to light the stagnant division up.

Why? Everything Tyson has ever said points to a man who utterly hates boxing, performing for the public and, crucially, himself. I know he needs the cash but he simply does not have the mental strength to keep doing this.

Im a huge Mike Tyson fan and can guarentee you this article is talking pish.

Hes come out and said he doesnt have the heart to fight anymore. Hes not the same young vicious fighter who used to have the hunger to fight.

Hes doing a dinner/speech event in Glasgow Thistle Hotel on Nov 4th and 5th aswell if anyone is interested (tu) im sure he'll tell you the same as what ive said at the event.

Fair enough the heavyweight division is poor but an over the hill Tyson couldnt reinvigorate it. If he couldnt beat Kevin Mcbride in 2006 then how is he going to beat a Klitschko in 2010?

Saying that, all he needs is one punch to end it. He would have a punchers chance of ending it in the 1st round. After that he would be picked apart and knocked out before the middle rounds.

Tyson should take a look at Michael Jordan and Michael Schumacher etc and not risk tarnashing his legacy by making a comeback only to disappoint the fans. IMO at his peak he was the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time. I honestly believe a peak Tyson (Late 1980's) would knock out a peak Ali.

Fair enough the heavyweight division is poor but an over the hill Tyson couldnt reinvigorate it. If he couldnt beat Kevin Mcbride in 2006 then how is he going to beat a Klitschko in 2010?

Saying that, all he needs is one punch to end it. He would have a punchers chance of ending it in the 1st round. After that he would be picked apart and knocked out before the middle rounds.

Tyson should take a look at Michael Jordan and Michael Schumacher etc and not risk tarnashing his legacy by making a comeback only to disappoint the fans. IMO at his peak he was the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time. I honestly believe a peak Tyson (Late 1980's) would knock out a peak Ali.

I disagree.

I disagree.

Tyson's fight against Michael Spinks highlights just how good he was. At that time the public were demanding this fight was made to see who the best heavyweight in the world was. You can tell by the look on Spinks' face that he doesnt want anything to do with Tyson and gets knocked out in the very 1st round. He was considered the best heavyweight in the world and he was scared of what Tyson was going to do to him. Ive never seen anybody before or since then who could scare the shit out of his closest rival. Tyson was unstoppable between 1986-1990. Absolutely awesome.

With Tyson you wonder what could of been. Firing Kevin Rooney as trainer as well was a major point in his career. Since that happened in 1990, it was all downhill. Of Course, the death of D'Amato as well, was a major point in Tysons career.

Great boxer, but pushed the self destruct button 20yrs ago.

Spot on. When Tyson had Rooney in his corner he was able to bob and weave inside and produce frightening combinations. The body shots and uppercuts he was whipping in as well as his hooks were real sickeners. Once he parted company with Rooney he definitely became more of a one punch fighter and kept trying to set up a big haymaker to end the fight. When he fought Spinks I dont think anybody in the history of boxing would have been able to stop him that night.

Tyson's fight against Michael Spinks highlights just how good he was. At that time the public were demanding this fight was made to see who the best heavyweight in the world was. You can tell by the look on Spinks' face that he doesnt want anything to do with Tyson and gets knocked out in the very 1st round. He was considered the best heavyweight in the world and he was scared of what Tyson was going to do to him. Ive never seen anybody before or since then who could scare the shit out of his closest rival. Tyson was unstoppable between 1986-1990. Absolutely awesome.

Spinks bottled it, he didnt want to be there and was beaten before the 1st bell. Because of Tyson's height, i don't think he could of beaten Ali. Ali would keep him on the outside and jab all night.

Spot on. When Tyson had Rooney in his corner he was able to bob and weave inside and produce frightening combinations. The body shots and uppercuts he was whipping in as well as his hooks were real sickeners. Once he parted company with Rooney he definitely became more of a one punch fighter and kept trying to set up a big haymaker to end the fight. When he fought Spinks I dont think anybody in the history of boxing would have been able to stop him that night.

Ali at his peak, and I am not talking 1974, more 1965, would have toyed with Tyson - he would have been on his toes from the first bell, sticking and moving - Tyson would become more frustrated with every second and would have started rushing Ali who would eventually take him out in the middle rounds.

Remember how Sonny Liston was considered a beast similar to how Tyson was and Ali took him apart.

One little blond kid was bouncing on Mike Tyson's left leg, while his equally blond toddler brother occupied the other. The former baddest man on the planet once threatened to eat children, but now he was playing with two.

"Me and this baby stuff," Tyson said as he waited patiently for the children's father to take a picture with his cell phone. "You believe I'd be doing this stuff?"

Ah, no. Unfortunately, there were precious few cuddly kid moments I witnessed in the years I spent covering the meteoric rise and fall of the ferocious fighter the world was always so infatuated with.

I did see a lot of other moments, some riveting, others simply disgusting. Tailing along while Tyson tried to break arms, bite ears and knock guys silly wasn't always for the faint of heart, even if you stayed well away from the ring.

He was a brute of a fighter. He was even worse as a man.

"I got intoxicated with myself," Tyson admitted. "I didn't know how empty I was as the champ."

He hasn't been a champ now for 14 years, and hasn't fought for real in five. There will be no return to the ring, he assured me the other day, even if his legions of fans still believe that the Tyson of today could be the Tyson of 20 years ago.

He, more than anyone, knows better. He's known it for longer than you might think, but the money kept coming and he kept fighting even when he was just going through the motions.

Even that was better than his second life as the former Mike Tyson. A freak show when he was fighting, he became even freakier as a bankrupt junkie who ballooned to 351 pounds and seemed headed either to prison or an extra large casket.

But he's given up the drugs, and lost much of the weight. He hasn't stepped foot in a strip club in two years.

And, incredibly, he's now in the middle of the most improbable comeback of all.

Meet the new Mike Tyson. Entertainer, actor, dancer and, yes, comedian extraordinaire.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=11897831

He posted this on his FB