***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

Just started a UK Unemployed challenge.

I selected all leagues in: Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales.

I set my past-experience as 'Sunday League Footballer' and went on holiday indefinitely, ticked 'apply for all jobs' and to return when offered a job.

I got to June 2011 before I was offered a job.

Newly-promoted Churchill United in the Northern Irish Second Division. :lol: :lol:

They don't have any staff; they have barely enough players for a squad; and obviously have no money. Probably the biggest challenge I'll ever have on FM. Going to try and keep them up two seasons in a row and then try and get a job elsewhere - my target being England or Scotland in the lower divisions.

I'll post how it goes come the end of the first season.

Was inspired by this and started my own ! still waiting for a job and i'm in june 2011 :( just have to wait for the right job to fit the bill then :craphead:

Got a job with the mighty brantwood ! I have enough players for a first team and 5 subs with no staff in the 2nd division of the northern irish league !

Was inspired by this and started my own ! still waiting for a job and i'm in june 2011 :( just have to wait for the right job to fit the bill then :craphead:

Got a job with the mighty brantwood ! I have enough players for a first team and 5 subs with no staff in the 2nd division of the northern irish league !

Exactly what happened with me, mate. :lol:

I signed a shit load of players and then wondered if just including the British leagues was a good idea...so I quit it and started again, adding about 4 or 5 other top European nations but it was far too slow.

My laptop is fucked just now too so I can't get near any FM games.

Sad times, indeed.

Exactly what happened with me, mate. :lol:

I signed a shit load of players and then wondered if just including the British leagues was a good idea...so I quit it and started again, adding about 4 or 5 other top European nations but it was far too slow.

My laptop is fucked just now too so I can't get near any FM games.

Sad times, indeed.

Haha I've got a shit load signed up now all wanting signing on fees of £2 or there abouts :lol: still not even played a game so hopefully it goes well !

Haha I've got a shit load signed up now all wanting signing on fees of £2 or there abouts :lol: still not even played a game so hopefully it goes well !

Players aren't too hard to come by after you get an assistant manager in but that's one of the hardest things! Getting any kind of staff is nearly impossible.

All the best on your game, mate. (tu)

Players aren't too hard to come by after you get an assistant manager in but that's one of the hardest things! Getting any kind of staff is nearly impossible.

All the best on your game, mate. (tu)

I must have sat for about 2 hours last night and only got 3 staff in, did get an assistant manager which was the top priority though ! cheers mate all the best on your one to when you get your laptop in working order again (tu)

Currently sitting 6th in Serie A with Roma, halfway through the first season, just entered january, need a centre half and a striker and a right back if I have money left.

Got 12m to spend, I've got the chance of bringing in Giovani Dos Santos and Fernando Gago on loan if I want, should I? Any suggestions are welcome.(tu)

Currently sitting 6th in Serie A with Roma, halfway through the first season, just entered january, need a centre half and a striker and a right back if I have money left.

Got 12m to spend, I've got the chance of bringing in Giovani Dos Santos and Fernando Gago on loan if I want, should I? Any suggestions are welcome.(tu)

Centre Back?

Ondrej Mazuch, from Anderlecht.

On fleck being playing him CAM he is unstoppable. However I have started a new game with rangers as I wanted a challenge. Scottish born and bread. All my players and staff are Scottish. Looking to bring in young pups and grow to world beaters. Just started my second season after winning league and cup. Lost in Scottish cup final against hearts but proud of my players. Only down side I bought peter pawlett from aberdeen who has decided to become English!

On fleck being playing him CAM he is unstoppable. However I have started a new game with rangers as I wanted a challenge. Scottish born and bread. All my players and staff are Scottish. Looking to bring in young pups and grow to world beaters. Just started my second season after winning league and cup. Lost in Scottish cup final against hearts but proud of my players. Only down side I bought peter pawlett from aberdeen who has decided to become English!

Peter Pawlett wasn't born in Scotland :lol:

Finsihewd my 2nd season with the mighty Cluj FC and completed the double double and made the QF of the UCL losing 5-3 on agg to Marseille ( won the first leg 3-1 ) :( but hey did well to get that far when my group consisted of , Stuttgart,AC Milan and Benfica , topped the group with 12 points losing 1 game away to Milan have a fantastic young side and i hope to go further in Europe this season :

GK: Consigli

RB: Hutton

CB: Oliveria (18 year old portugese regen ) fucking awesome

CB: Adil Rami ( awesome, wanted by Barce and Real )

LB: Rat

CM: M'villa

CM: Henrique

RW: Torje

LW: Giovinco

CF: Sergio Araujo (65 goals in 80 games)

CF: Lacina Traore

Subs:

Lucas (not the Liverpool one but a 19 y/o )

Berahmi

Radoi

Clovis (18 y/o from Brazil , 20's everywhere)

Simone Pepe (free transfer)

Papis Cisse

Honda

and some more :)

Pawlett born in hull I know but thought because he could pick Scotland or England he would get a cap for Scotland first. Didn't think England would want him. Ahh well get him sold lol

:lol:

I've played football against him once or twice, seems like a sound guy.

s

Seriously look at Jordan Spence as DC his stats arent good but get much better he consistently get 7.5 average for me in the SPL and champs league and is fairly cheap fae west ham. Get Martin Galvan you can pick him up for aout 3 million same as Jordan Spence. Play Galvan as a poacher thank me later. For RB you should try getting a RB from monaco a young guy hes really good cant mind his name. used to be a Real madrid though so check their history (tu)