***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

:lol: What tactics did you deploy for that?!

Just my usual 4-2-2-2 all out attack.

Nemanja Matic from Chelsea is a fantastic big player.

My best buys so far are;

Didac (LB)

Miguel Vitor (CB)

Denys Garmash (CM)

Garrinchinha (CF)

El Shaarawy (Winger)

Lucas (Winger)

started with elgin, had 3 wins on the tro but then my main two strikerws got injured and ever since that its been loss after loss after loss, 9 losses in a row followed by a draw and then another 3 losses, i then left elgin because it was a nightmare.

new job with ayr

I'm fucking raging.

My last two games were against Barca at Ibrox, then St. Mirren at their place. Against Barca, I won two-one with a 95th minute Kenny Miller penalty, but lost one-nil in Paisley. Papac cost us the goal with the most ridiculous attempt at a header, so I chucked everything at them, but fuck all. Brutal.

I drew the Old Firm game one-each at Parkhead and lost one-nil at the Nou Camp. I parked the bus in Barca, but David Villa scored in stoppage time. I was gutted, but they dominated us.

So, we're sharing the top spot in the SPL with Celtic, leading them with a better goal difference and, in the Champions' League, we're joint bottom on three points with Rubin. They're three goals worse off, but it must be head-to-head because they're third.

In the League Cup, I sent out a young side against Morton at Ibrox and they took us to extra time before a big, fuck off Andy Webster header booked us a place in the semi-final against Dundee United.

Miller has been outstanding, scoring twelve in fifteen appearances and leading the SPL scoring chart. He's rejected a new deal, though, and Chelsea are having a look at him, so, if the dosh is there in January, he can go. Next to him, as a complete forward, big Jelavic has been outstanding. He's only scored three, but he's set-up seven.

We've got Hibs at Ibrox next and I want to smoke them.

Since this post, I've won three-two at Ibrox against both Hibs and Aberdeen. I came from behind against both, but my luck ran out at Rugby Park in the next game and Kilmarnock done us two-one.

In the last three games, I've conceded two more than I had in the entire SPL season, so far. I've never thought it before, but it's as if the game has caught-out my tactic or clicked on with it. So, it's not as effective.

Miller's still scoring for fun, he's got thirteen in fourteen SPL appearances and fifteen from eighteen games, all-in. Him and Jelavic have been excellent together, keeping Beattie and Lafferty out of the team.

Next, we've got Lyon in France. They've already qualified, so I'm hoping they'll go easy on us and we could maybe sneak something because Rubin don't stand a chance against Barcelona (Well, neither did we and we won) and, with the Russians at Ibrox in the last game, I fancy my chances.

Also, big Sasa Papac turned down a new deal. I read someone on here saying he'd agreed to a two-year extension on £3K less per-week and, when I began negotiations, his agent was asking for £19K per-week. As you can guess, the negotiations didn't last long.

Couldn't be arsed waiting for the update.

Sold no one, bought no one, so I'll wait till January before any movement.

Beat Killie 3-0 on the opening day, Bougherra after 6 minutes and then two stunners from Ness, who I started in place of the tired Davis, had it wrapped up at half time.

un fucking real and for what?

i went ayr, played a few games and won a couple, i created a new manager and went man city, man city then buy one of my players for 40M, ayr chairman accepts, wooooo instant 40 million in the bank? is it fuck, the chairman has given me 2k on wages and 550k to spend.

i made the cunt 40 fucking million quid and he refuses to bude.

Ahahaha! :lol:

Question- when you check a team's players, is there a way to change the page layout? What I mean is, it'll show me a list of players, their agent, whether they're transfer listed, listed for loan and their value. I can't ever remember it saying any of that, plus it doesn't say what position they play.

I just drew one-each against Lyon in France, they equalised late on. The fans were 'disappointed' and, in the next press conference, the results against Lyon was supposed to 'drive us on in the next match'. :lol:

Fuck's sake, I was quite chuffed with a draw.

The t*rriers just qualified for the last sixteen while Barca's win against Rubin meant I'm out. Gutted.

League-wise, we're joint top with Celtic and Hearts. Ten wins, one draw and three defeats each. I'm +18 on goal differece, though, to their +12 and +10.

Currently going for my 6th CL in a row with Dortmund. Considering resigning at the end of the season and going someone else. My team is unbeatable. Also have £450million in my club finances.

Was going to keep going and not sign anyone and bring in a full team using only my youth players because I have a few good prospects coming through.

What do you think I should do guys? Go someone else or stay with Dortmund and bring through a team of youth?

Since this post, I've won three-two at Ibrox against both Hibs and Aberdeen. I came from behind against both, but my luck ran out at Rugby Park in the next game and Kilmarnock done us two-one.

In the last three games, I've conceded two more than I had in the entire SPL season, so far. I've never thought it before, but it's as if the game has caught-out my tactic or clicked on with it. So, it's not as effective.

Miller's still scoring for fun, he's got thirteen in fourteen SPL appearances and fifteen from eighteen games, all-in. Him and Jelavic have been excellent together, keeping Beattie and Lafferty out of the team.

Next, we've got Lyon in France. They've already qualified, so I'm hoping they'll go easy on us and we could maybe sneak something because Rubin don't stand a chance against Barcelona (Well, neither did we and we won) and, with the Russians at Ibrox in the last game, I fancy my chances.

Also, big Sasa Papac turned down a new deal. I read someone on here saying he'd agreed to a two-year extension on £3K less per-week and, when I began negotiations, his agent was asking for £19K per-week. As you can guess, the negotiations didn't last long.

We're now top of the league by five, having won four-one at Tannadice before battering the apparent title contenders Hearts four-nil at home. Aberdeen beat Celtic, so I've built a gap between us and them.

In the Champions' League, the Tims finished top of a group with Shakhtar, Sevilla and Twente, so I had to make the Europa League. Against Rubin at Ibrox, we drew two-each to guarentee our place in that competition. Barca and Lyon walked the group.

Against Rubin, it was snowing. I've never seen that before and I wouldn't mind if that was the last, I couldn't see the ball.

It's early December, so I'm thinking ahead to the January transfer window and there are a few changes I'm looking to make. Beattie and Webster, combined, are taking £30K per-week from us in wages and, together, I think they've made about ten appearances. So, I'll be looking to punt them. Miller, as well. I spoke to him about a new deal, again, but he's wanting even more than before which is fair because he's scoring for fun. Chelsea are interested, so I'll see what comes from that. Then, I've got young boys like Loy, Stirling, Grant Adam and Bendiksen who I'd quite like to send out on loan for some first team football before deciding whether to offer them a new deal.

If I can punt them, my wages per-week will drop by £40K to £50K and, with that, I can get players like Papac, Alexander and Wylde sorted with new deals.

I don't expect to get much for the transfer kitty from any sales, but with a big drop in wages, I can edit the budgets to increase the transfer cash. I've been looking at a good number of players, sending my two scouts all over the shop on scouting missions, so any extra cash could fund those deals.

Hutton's not having a great time at Spurs, I noticed. He's not getting a game and is unhappy, so I'm seriously thinking about making a move for him, whether it's on loan or on a full deal. He's on £33K per-week, though.

Hutton's not having a great time at Spurs, I noticed. He's not getting a game and is unhappy, so I'm seriously thinking about making a move for him, whether it's on loan or on a full deal. He's on £33K per-week, though.

If hutton goes on the transfer list in January, you should get him on loan for 70k or something ;)

If hutton goes on the transfer list in January, you should get him on loan for 70k or something ;)

Aye? Good stuff.

How does it work with the contribution to a loan player's wages? Like, you can pay 10%, 20% and so on. How do you increase that? At the moment, I couldn't afford anywhere near £33K per-week. Half of that would be a push.

Aye? Good stuff.

How does it work with the contribution to a loan player's wages? Like, you can pay 10%, 20% and so on. How do you increase that? At the moment, I couldn't afford anywhere near £33K per-week. Half of that would be a push.

If your struggling for transfer funds, then simply don't aim for any permanent moves at the moment.

Go to the boardroom and drag the wee bar along to the left which adds any transfer budget to the wage budget, giving you more leighway.

Depending on his value, you should get him for around 80k loan fee. Wages, mehh, its complete down to spurs. Usually in Jan teams are pretty lenient with the wages so you might be able to cut that down to 50/40% that you pay. If not, then you shouldn't hesitate and Spurs will only continue to get stronger meaning Alan won't get a game and you might get him in the summer, cheaper.

In Jan you should look to bring in quality players on loan for small fees. For example, in either Jan 2012 or 2013 I got Marcus Berg, Nigel Reo-coker, James McArthur, and a few others all on loan for 6 months and contributed to me winning the league!

You should be due a takeover shortly, though.

If your struggling for transfer funds, then simply don't aim for any permanent moves at the moment.

Go to the boardroom and drag the wee bar along to the left which adds any transfer budget to the wage budget, giving you more leighway.

Depending on his value, you should get him for around 80k loan fee. Wages, mehh, its complete down to spurs. Usually in Jan teams are pretty lenient with the wages so you might be able to cut that down to 50/40% that you pay. If not, then you shouldn't hesitate and Spurs will only continue to get stronger meaning Alan won't get a game and you might get him in the summer, cheaper.

In Jan you should look to bring in quality players on loan for small fees. For example, in either Jan 2012 or 2013 I got Marcus Berg, Nigel Reo-coker, James McArthur, and a few others all on loan for 6 months and contributed to me winning the league!

You should be due a takeover shortly, though.

in 48 hours :craphead: