THE END!

MARK McGHEE'S troubled reign as Aberdeen boss will come crashing to an end today.

McGhee's dismal Dons lost their must-win clash with Caley Thistle at Pittodrie last night.

Now the club's under-pressure board will act to bring his 17-month tenure to an end. Grant Munro's 81st minute winner sealed his fate in front of Dons' lowest crowd of the season, just 5,917.

The defeat came just days after they lost 9-0 to Celtic and there will be no way back for the former Dons star.

McGhee refused to throw in the towel last night and insisted he DOES still have a future at the club.

He said: "I'm really concerned about my position, of course I am. Looking at the stats, I should be.

"I am hoping the people who want to look closer will see the facts and understand why it has been difficult.

"That's why I am still here because I feel they DO understand."

He added: "Stewart Milne, Duncan Fraser, Willie Miller - these are the people that will make the decision but I know what they were thinking before the game.

"As far as I am concerned, we're in at 10 o'clock on Wednesday. As long as I don't get a phone call I'll be doing that and I'll be content to go to Ibrox with 11 fit players, seven kids on the bench and get on with it."

McGhee insists he had NOT lost the dressing room and that his players are still fighting to keep him in a job.

He added: "I've tried hard not to talk about last Saturday because I felt something had to happen here before I could make comment.

"There was a lot of talk about white flags, surrender and people throwing in the towel.

"I was 100 per cent convinced that wasn't the case. At times we were not good enough, at times we were too in- experienced, for a time we had ten men, we had boys out of position and Celtic were flying.

"Everything conspired against us, we were not good enough but there were no white flags.

"I wanted the boys to go and prove that for me and I think they did.

"I'm utterly content with the effort, attitude and the way they went about their business.

"They cannot accuse us of all the rubbish about me losing the dressing room. That is garbage."

Caley gaffer Terry Butcher said: "It was a very difficult game for us because of circumstances surrounding Mark.

"We had to make it about us, not Aberdeen. It wasn't pretty but we dug in well."

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz14qJWV4xP