Rangers scout £3m rated striker Cisse

management%20team%202.jpgIt has been reported in today's Express that should their be funds available for Walter Smith to spend in the January transfer window, then the first port of call could be striker Demba Cisse.

Senegalese striker Cisse has been having a fantastic season with Freiburg in Germany and is believed to be available should a fee of around £3million be made. Rangers are aware of the players situation and have sent scouting representation three times to watch the player.

The player has scored nine goals in twelve games this season so far. With Kenny Miller still stalling on signing a new deal and Jelavic out for a considerable period of time, the club may well benefit from refinforcements, should any money be made available.

View the full article

Great just what we need another Striker. FFS what is wrong with the Management team do they not see we need full backs and a CH and a CM

Although the squad is getting quite thin I think we have enough players within it to cover all the positions you mention. Another proven goalscorer could well be the difference between winning and losing the league this season.

Great just what we need another Striker. FFS what is wrong with the Management team do they not see we need full backs and a CH and a CM

FFS what's wrong with the fans when they believe everything they read

There will be plently more of these stories to come with all this 'takeover' talk

If Kenny Miller leaves then we need a striker because Lafferty and Beattie are not good enough/injury-prone!

Mentioned Papiss Cisse in the other thread. He's a cracking player, one Freiburg picked up for around about the same price as we got James Beattie for :anguish:

Going to be linked with numerous players in the coming weeks...

From Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papiss_Ciss%C3%A9

Papiss Demba Cissé (born 3 June 1985 in Dakar) is a Senegalese football striker, who currently plays for the German side SC Freiburg.

Cissé began his career with AS Génération Foot before transferring to the French side FC Metz in summer 2005[1]. After only one month during the 2005/2006 season, he left Metz and was loaned to French side AS Cherbourg Football. During this season, Cissé played 26 games and scored 11 goals for the Normandie club[2]. After the season he returned to Metz for a further two years, before being loaned to French side LB Chateauroux in January 2008[3], and before returning to FC Metz in July 2008 for a third stint. Cissé signed for his current club, Bundesliga side SC Freiburg, on 28 December 2009 [4].

International career

Papiss Demba Cisse made his international debut for Senegal on 12. August 2009 in a friendly away to Congo DR. He scored two goals in this game and has now played for his country on four occasions, scoring an impressive five goals in the process.

FFS what's wrong with the fans when they believe everything they read

There will be plently more of these stories to come with all this 'takeover' talk

There is a difference in believing everything you read and commenting on a story on a forum.

If Kenny Miller leaves then we need a striker because Lafferty and Beattie are not good enough/injury-prone!

Mentioned Papiss Cisse in the other thread. He's a cracking player, one Freiburg picked up for around about the same price as we got James Beattie for :anguish:

Going to be linked with numerous players in the coming weeks...

Cunt won't stop scoring against my Dortmund team in FM :lol:

i'll get slaughtered for that :lol:

i like the look of that n'doye from Copenhagen but with them being a regular in the UCl i can see them wanting a fair bit of cash for him

Cunt won't stop scoring against my Dortmund team in FM :lol:

i'll get slaughtered for that :lol:

i like the look of that n'doye from Copenhagen but with them being a regular in the UCl i can see them wanting a fair bit of cash for him

N'Doye looks a player, the move to Denmark has got his career back on track. FC Copenhagen have some fantastic players; Claudemir, Oscar Wendt, Oviedo, Vingaard, Mathias Jorgensen, Bolanos...

Atiba Hutchinson was a player I hoped we would sign one day, not seen much of him the the Eredivisie this season.

N'Doye looks a player, the move to Denmark has got his career back on track. FC Copenhagen have some fantastic players; Claudemir, Oscar Wendt, Oviedo, Vingaard, Mathias Jorgensen, Bolanos...

Atiba Hutchinson was a player I hoped we would sign one day, not seen much of him the the Eredivisie this season.

i see the mighty BBC have linked Liverpool with Wendt .

i Have to admit i havent watched as mcuh football this season as i would have liked , are they still showing the Eredivisie on ESPN ?

Is it not the same N'Daye that played for us? I thought he looked a decent player tbh.

That was Makhtar N'Diaye and I also liked the look of him. He had a fine game at Ibrox v Partizan...

That was Makhtar N'Diaye and I also liked the look of him. He had a fine game at Ibrox v Partizan...

I always thought he had a good touch and technique. Didn't seem like a push over either.

Where is he now? usually I think we are wrong to release certain players, but they don't really set the heather alight elsewhere so maybe they weren't as good as I thought afterall.

i see the mighty BBC have linked Liverpool with Wendt .

i Have to admit i havent watched as mcuh football this season as i would have liked , are they still showing the Eredivisie on ESPN ?

I read that on a Liverpool forum. They are supposidly looking at Valter Birsa, Lucas Barrios and Yann M'Vila.

ESPN has been showing some games, although not seen that many.

I always thought he had a good touch and technique. Didn't seem like a push over either.

Where is he now? usually I think we are wrong to release certain players, but they don't really set the heather alight elsewhere so maybe they weren't as good as I thought afterall.

Not sure, probably without a club.

I read that on a Liverpool forum. They are supposidly looking at Valter Birsa, Lucas Barrios and Yann M'Vila.

ESPN has been showing some games, although not seen that many.

looks a tidy player anytime i have seen him and also carries that wonderful peg of his for freekicks :drool: i noticed M'Vila played against England but i didnt watch much of the game so no idea how he got on

It's good to know that we are scouting possible players for the future, no guarantee that Miller is going to stay with us so it might be relevant to bring in another striker, on top of that there is no evidence to suggest that we aren't looking at other possible targets to fill other areas of the team.

Add the brilliant William Kvist to that list (tu)

As for Cissé, he's been on fire this season. Freiburg aren't the best side, but he's still managed to get a fair few for them. He's got a great leap on him, and has a real poacher's instinct, from what I've seen of him. If Miller goes, I'd love to see a Cissé/Jelavic partner up front. Would just bully the SPL defences physically, then leave them miles behind technically.

Seen him play all over the place, look's like he's been playing in a more central role, where he should play all the time. Pretty much the type of central midfielder we need!

Papiss Cisse, Jong Tae-Se, Zlatko Dedic, Konan Ya... are examples of players we should be looking to, instead of the likes of Lafferty, Beattie... I hope it's something our next manager does!

Calm down mate, plenty of time to fill the positions! (tu)

Also dont believe everything you read! ;)