Villa Confirm McGregor interest

trueblue68

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly Aston Villa are "locked" in talks with us about McGregor - surely we wont be as stupid as we were over the cuellar transfer ordeal and sell him for big money just so he can sit on the best for the most recent times of his career. BRING CUELLAR BACK! and keep mcgregor :anguish:

Come the summer he'll only have a year on his contract and that's another reason why I don't think we will get big money for McGregor - unless someone bids for him in the upcoming window!?

We have to be careful. If he doesn't sign a new deal, then we risk losing him for pennies or even worse, on a free. We should be doing all we can to tie him down, and if he doesn't want to stay, then look to punt him in January, or the summer.

A replacement must be lined up, and that shouldn't include the likes of Cammy Bell, who some on here seem to rave about.

Come the summer he'll only have a year on his contract and that's another reason why I don't think we will get big money for McGregor - unless someone bids for him in the upcoming window!?

We have to be careful. If he doesn't sign a new deal, then we risk losing him for pennies or even worse, on a free. We should be doing all we can to tie him down, and if he doesn't want to stay, then look to punt him in January, or the summer.

A replacement must be lined up, and that shouldn't include the likes of Cammy Bell, who some on here seem to rave about.

Same position as Naisy, Davis and Bougherra, all 4 should be tied up asap. We know they wont though.

:(

Bidding should start at £8m if he was to go.

At the end of the day, a 30 yarder into the top corner in the SPL is the same as a 30 yarder into the top corner in La Liga. It's one of the few positions where value shouldn't be affected by the league we play in, and Gordon going for £9m, that's been proved.

Bidding should start at £8m if he was to go.

At the end of the day, a 30 yarder into the top corner in the SPL is the same as a 30 yarder into the top corner in La Liga. It's one of the few positions where value shouldn't be affected by the league we play in, and Gordon going for £9m, that's been proved.

That's a really unfortunate typo there :lol::D

Shagger's expires in 2013.

Apparantly we don't have to sell anyone and he wants to stay with us, he is a fans favourite so I don't really see any issue here , we should not accept anything unless its silly money like 20 mill which I know we won't get ,

We should be trying to keep our best players and imo mcgregor is the best keeper in Britain atm

I would rather we keep him, but we aren't in a position to turn down a solid 7-8 million pound bid for any of our players.

I think McGregor will go and we will sign Matt Gilks on a free transfer to replace him. He's been linked with us quite a few times over the past couple of months and there doesn't tend to be smoke without fire.

Show me where I said he was the best keeper in the world...

So Real Madrid would sell Casilas?

Liverpool would sell Reina to a league rival?

Cesar will leave Inter?

My point is he is a realistic target for the top 4 teams in England...

McGregor would walk into the Arsenal team. Arsenal were top 4 last time I checked.

Well all you are saying is that he is better than the keepers already there, that doesnt mean he has the class to hold down the jersey at Arsenal though. Wenger wouldnt touch him with a barge pole, he's 29, only had about 5/6 seasons in a backwater league and a handfull of caps as well as a having a dubious reputation. I'm sure if Wenger thought of buying him the first thing he would do is call PLG fo a reference....

Slightly worried about the number of players out of contract in the next few years.

Indeed, more than half of our first team is out of contract in the next year or so.

Miller and Papac this season. Velicka and Webster too which is good, and several youngsters too.

Davis, Naismith and Bougherra next season. And probably more im not aware of.

Longer we leave it the lower we can demand for a transfer fee.

I think we need ALL 5 signed up ASAP in order to stay in the strongest possible negotiating position should any bids come in. We know its not going to happen though. Mr Bain will let it rumble on as he always does.

Im sure AJ also said in the summer, IF we stayed in Europe beyond Xmas, there WOULD BE money to spend in January for new additions.

Class

Any word on Boughy, Naisys and Davos contracts?

(tu)

All I know is that all 3 are under contract until 2012. I've never heard them say anything about a new contract. You always hear Bougherra saying he'll want to stay but he hasn't said he'll sign a new contract or talk about it.

All I know is that all 3 are under contract until 2012. I've never heard them say anything about a new contract. You always hear Bougherra saying he'll want to stay but he hasn't said he'll sign a new contract or talk about it.

I dont think im too bothered losing Kenny or Sasa when i think about, they are not getting any younger and we wont make millions on them. But the 3 i mentioned are totally different, they can bring in big money for the club if they are tied down, its imperative, i think, they get signed up.

Millers a hard one, he looks like hes leaving, is he worth 20k a week, for 3 years more, when his game is all about movement and pace and hes almost 32? Im not sure. He cant do any more than he has done already this season and im not sure he can keep it up much longer. Hope im wrong of course.

(tu)