The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

So basically, people on the board, who wont be on the board after any takeover are trying to cling on to their little bit of power and Whyte doesnt want to take them on even though he would replace them? How the fuck does that even make sense? Whyte buys Murray's shares, he owns the club and surely can appoint - vote - whoever the fuck he wants onto the board. If he doesnt have the bottle for this, then you have to wonder what sort of owner he would be anyway.

Thats assuming of course the story isnt just another crock of shite from the mhedia.

So what have you done then to set you apart from other fans that "take this shite" ?

Withdrawn my financial support and sent several letters of complaints into the club and business office of Murray, a blank season book renewal slip with a letter of complaint from several thousand Bears may finally let the board know fans aint happy. You are of course but we all know why that is.

The board have to come out with a statement tomorrow and let us know what the problem is.

It can't be anything major or they would be against the takeover and not just want it delayed.

They must know the lift it would give the club, fans and players in the last few games if the takeover went through now, I really can't think what the benefit of holding off for 4 weeks would be.

This morning - Takeover is still ongoing.

This afternoon - Tax Tribunal restarts, HMRC don't drop the case - result expected in summer.

This evening - Takeover is off til summer.

Anybody see a pattern ?

If (and it's still an if, as most of the other scoops have been mince), if this turns out to be true, then we'll know what all the stalling has been about.

This morning - Takeover is still ongoing.

This afternoon - Tax Tribunal restarts, HMRC don't drop the case - result expected in summer.

This evening - Takeover is off til summer.

Anybody see a pattern ?

If (and it's still an if, as most of the other scoops have been mince), if this turns out to be true, then we'll know what all the stalling has been about.

the only pattern i see is people guessing what's happening without any info?

am i right?

Scottish businessman Craig Whyte's proposed takeover of Rangers appears to have hit a serious snag.

Whyte wanted to close the deal to buy Sir David Murray's majority shareholding of the club on Monday.

But the Whyte camp claims certain members of the Rangers board want to delay that until the end of the season.

And the board, who have always stressed they are acting solely in the interests of the club, are perplexed at this being made public.

A source close to Whyte told BBC Scotland: "Mr Whyte is in a position to complete the deal right now.

Continue reading the main story

The reality is there is a very short period of time left for this deal to complete

Source close to Craig Whyte

"Everything is set to go, but some members of the independent committee for some reason want to delay completion until after the end of the season.

"The reality is there is a very short period of time left for this deal to complete."

The independent committee was set up to examine the credentials of potential buyers and includes the club chairman, Alastair Johnston and chief executive Martin Bain, as well as John McClelland, Donald McIntyre and former player and manager John Greig.

While it has no power to broker or scupper any deal, Whyte does not wish to take over a club with a hostile board.

If he were to conclude a takeover, he would install his own board.

However, BBC Scotland understands he does not want to spend time on the process required to remove a hostile board.

Withdrawn my financial support and sent several letters of complaints into the club and business office of Murray, a blank season book renewal slip with a letter of complaint from several thousand Bears may finally let the board know fans aint happy. You are of course but we all know why that is.

So you have turned your back on the team and written a letter...well that's me put in my place........... :lol: