The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Who really knows anything about Whyte asking the Board to resign. Is this fact or more rumour? Agreed though a statement is needed urgently from the Board of RFC.

It might not be prudent for the board to release a statement right now. Who knows what discussions are going on behind the scenes? It was said in the original BBC article that the board were "perplexed at this being made public". To me, this means that whatever statement the board might make would probably be quite negative towards Whyte and co. I think they probably would want to be very sure that he was the wrong owner for the club before releasing a statement which might jeapordise the deal, and instead try to pursue diplomatic options in private first.

That's assuming that any of what we've been hearing is true of course.

Who really knows anything about Whyte asking the Board to resign. Is this fact or more rumour? Agreed though a statement is needed urgently from the Board of RFC.

Not long ago the board was apparently split between the Lloyds men and the Rangers men. It is these same Rangers men who are now allegedly not happy about something. I believe there must be something other than self preservation or severance deals or whatever.

I haven,t read a paper but according to Leggos blog there was supposedly a comment about "if the fans knew what we know" then they would understand their reasons.

If they cant come out and tell us what their concerns are, there should be at the very least some kind of statement to the fans about working in the clubs best interests. Something, anything is better than this shit.

How do we know for certain that the board haven't uncovered something about Whyte or his backers that they do not like?

How do we know for certain AJ and the board are stalling in the hope of preparing their own bid?

Be stupid to sing songs against the board without knowing the facts.

That's the problem, the people who are in charge at the club are telling us nothing, this is where the anger and frustration is coming from, at this moment in time Craig White has no responsibility to the rangers supporters, but that shower of incapable people we call our board of directors have

How do we know for certain that the board haven't uncovered something about Whyte or his backers that they do not like?

How do we know for certain AJ and the board are stalling in the hope of preparing their own bid?

Be stupid to sing songs against the board without knowing the facts.

They are not exactly forth coming with any facts though are they?

I don't want to jump on either side, because I don't have a clue what's going on behind the scenes. But I think we should know. They should come out and tell us what's happening, and why it's happening. This isn't just any business or company that is on sale. This is a very large football club that has thousands upon thousands of people that passionately follow and love it. The fans are a massive part of this specific business and we should be kept in the know, at least to some extent. Having to listen to the media for our information, who are often just as clueless as we are, is not on.

This "takeover" has turned into a farce. I don't know if it's Whyte being reluctant to buy, Murray being reluctant to sell, or the board trying to stop it. But it's just pathetic, either way.

We need to start planning for our future, especially with our manager departing. We also have a title to win. This constant shower of shite isn't helping anybody!

if things start to go wrong on the field this week i can see the lid blowing right off this one.are we supposed to believe a bunch of incompetent clowns, some of whom want to see us in administration, have found something that top corporate lawyers couldn't.get it done white and clear the fuckin place out

To this end the Board has had an approach from one of its directors who wishes the Board to consider an alternative funding option. This would involve a fresh issue of new capital to raise £25m to be invested directly into the Club. The Board believes that it has a responsibility to examine this proposal whilst continuing its review of the Craig Whyte transaction. After six months of limited engagement in the process, the Board believes that is not in the best interests of its stakeholders for it to be pressed into an unrealistic timescale.

DAVE KING PER CHANCE?

To this end the Board has had an approach from one of its directors who wishes the Board to consider an alternative funding option. This would involve a fresh issue of new capital to raise £25m to be invested directly into the Club. The Board believes that it has a responsibility to examine this proposal whilst continuing its review of the Craig Whyte transaction. After six months of limited engagement in the process, the Board believes that is not in the best interests of its stakeholders for it to be pressed into an unrealistic timescale.

DAVE KING PER CHANCE?

Going to win tax case maybe?

It's a interesting development, AJ does have the best interests at heart and is a fan. He wouldn't put the club in serious danger if he didn't have some kind of back up plan.

Personally I still think we'll lose this Tax case, and will enter Administration. But all in all this might just spark interest from other suitors to buy the club.

if it is indeed dave king then so help me god that 5 man board panel get more clueless every fucking day

a guy that is being chased for multi millions in unpaid taxes, and has still to prove he has now got a pot to piss in, suddenly mentions that he can give us 25millions :lol:

we need a lot more than that mr king, try doubling it and you'll be taken seriously

It's a interesting development, AJ does have the best interests at heart and is a fan. He wouldn't put the club in serious danger if he didn't have some kind of back up plan.

Personally I still think we'll lose this Tax case, and will enter Administration. But all in all this might just spark interest from other suitors to buy the club.

Do u think that is the beat idea??? I don't......it makes no sense.

But if we go into admin does that not result in docked points? So if it happens over the summer does that mean we start in negative points next season?

Just in from work - does someone want to give me a quick update because I'm not going through 15 pages...

I take it, Tuesday is not the day.

But if we go into admin does that not result in docked points? So if it happens over the summer does that mean we start in negative points next season?

It does, but the way things are going I can't see any other alternative ( don't think our current board see it different either). It's only going to get worse to coast rival bidders out before it gets better.

aye something silly like -20 or -30

AJ released a statement saying the sub-committee doesn't believe that Whyte has the funds to invest in the team, after paying off the debt. Goes on to say that there's a prospect of £25m being raised by the directors for investment.

So many questions and fuck all answers. The whole thing is a complete and utter mess.

The club is a shambles from top to bottom. Sunday pub teams are run better.