Jelavic hails Gers progress

laudrupno1

Link

Nikica Jelavic claims he is not surprised by the success Rangers have enjoyed so far this season.

The Croatian striker is currently on the sidelines with a long-term ankle injury he picked up at the start of October.

Jelavic has been impressed by Rangers' progress while watching from the sidelines with the Gers two points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand over Old Firm rivals Celtic.

Jelavic is now itching to return to action after settling quickly into his new surroundings.

"It's true that the team has been doing very well but I am not surprised by this as our squad has a great spirit," Jelavic told Rangers News.

"As a player, this is a very good situation and from the first day I walked through the doors I felt very good.

"Some players need a few months or even a year to adapt and find the style of football played at a new club.

Settled

"But sometimes this is in your head and I feel very comfortable being at Rangers; it has been very easy to settle and I think this helps everyone.

"When you have a good squad in the dressing room, and the players like to share a joke and have a laugh with you, it immediately makes you feel a part of things.

"It has not been hard for me to adapt and I just look forward to playing again."

I just read his article in the Rangers News and I just love this part

"The Celtic match I saw in a friend's house and it was a very good day, I enjoyed it a lot although I would rather have been playing of course.

At 1-0 I thought 'oh no', especially as Celtic scored late in the first half.

But after the break we destroyed them and it was an excellent result."

Can't wait til he get's playing again.

Just a shame he's not available for europe, just means he'll be fit to win us the league!

Blessing in disguise in a way. I can see a fixture headache this season. At least Jelavic will be fresh for SPL games.

The old cliche must get used. He will be 'like a new signing' in January.

Our key players all coming back at just the right time. Start off December (whenever that starts!) well... destroy teams and then onto Jan.2.

Will be a massive December for us (again). We'll be out of sight after Jan.2.

Big Jelavic is some player though. So happy we signed him. (tu)

Don't think it really matters how bad the injury is, any injury could knock you off your game forever.

That's my worry. A lot of players come back from injury different players and they sometimes never regain that extra ounce of sharpness.

Some players come back better players, too. We'll just need to wait and see, but I can't wait to see him back in a Rangers strip.

That's my worry. A lot of players come back from injury different players and they sometimes never regain that extra ounce of sharpness.

Some players come back better players, too. We'll just need to wait and see, but I can't wait to see him back in a Rangers strip.

No, sorry, GeneralCartmanLee has decided that opinion is absolutely nonsense unfortunately :(.

as far as i know hes able to play in the knock out stage.Can anybody confirm this

In the Champions League, yes he would be able to play.

In the Europa League, no he cannot play.

In the Champions League, yes he would be able to play.

In the Europa League, no he cannot play.

That's what the powers that be have stated...It's a bloody rubbish rule as far as I'm concerned, but there's fuck all we can do about it.

It may end up a blessing for us domestically though because he should be ready to tear defences to bits. (tu)

That's what the powers that be have stated...It's a bloody rubbish rule as far as I'm concerned, but there's fuck all we can do about it.

It may end up a blessing for us domestically though because he should be ready to tear defences to bits. (tu)

That's what I said a few months ago, it could also keep him here an extra season if nobody see's him playing against the top teams in Europe.

That's what I said a few months ago, it could also keep him here an extra season if nobody see's him playing against the top teams in Europe.

Well it's an interesting theory mate! Not one that I thought of myself, but it's a very good way of looking at it.

The longer he stays with us, the better he will become. (tu):clap: