The fixation with Ray Wilkins.

mmrfc1873

Seen a few posts on here, and heard it from a people I know, saying they would love for Ray Wilkins to get the managers job instead of Super Ally once Sir Walter leaves now that he's left chelsea, just out of curiosity, where in the name of Jesus Christ does that come from ? what's he done to earn the right to manage us that Super Alistair Murdoch McCoist hasn't ?

Edit - Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of his, but I just don't understand why he should be manager instead of Ally.

Did Wilkins not come out and slate us for bigotry after he left us or was that someone else?

He said something along the lines of "I came here and hated how everybody hated Catholics", or something along those lines.

Like you, i have no idea where this fixation comes from. He was with us for about 18 months, scored a cracker again the bheggars and for some strange and ridiculous reason, was inducted into the Hall Of Fame before some of the Barca Bears 72 team. His management career? Not worth commenting on. Then theres the "He's a Rangers man" quotes from some of our support which I really just dont get.

Yes, he done a great job at Ibrox for the short time he was there - But so have hundreds of others.

100% behind McCoist, McDowall and Durrant.

Oh. Apologies, I'm hungover and hungry.

I'm severely hungover :anguish:, but just enjoyed a nice quarter pounder so the hunger is now gone, just thought I'd mention that delightful little fact.

Wilkins was reduced to tears after his final game with the club. Wilkins: "I'd just come from Italy and France which are Catholic countries, very warm and friendly, and here I was in Glasgow with some of my team-mates hating Catholics. I just couldn't understand it and frankly found it ridiculous." [

This is what he said, but that is up to him as you dont have to hate Catholics to play for our club or support our club.

Ray might be a nice guy, and command a lot of respect. However, he has a poor record as a manager. His skills might be in the knowledge of the game, and inter personal relations (man management.)

I remember when he played his last game for us. Tears were streaming down his face. I thought that was odd, because it's not as though he was a lifelong Rangers man, or something like that.

I remember him leaving to be nearer his family. Whit? His family lived in London, and you can get there in about three hours going by plane and public transport.

I also remember him being on the Eammon Holmes show. He criticsed Rangers fans (and I think players) for hating Catholics. I thought he had been misled in his views of Rangers fans.

However, he uttered this to Holmes in front of the viewing public. At the end of the programme he thanked the Orient, Chelsea, Milan, Manchester United fans (and any other team he played for) but omitted to mention Rangers fans. I thought it was a deliberate slight. He didn't mention the Gers. The club he was in tears about, because of his leaving them.

Ray might have been playing to the gallery on the Holmes show. He might have been PC. Acting the goodie. I actually don't think the viewers were giving a toss about that side of football. Ray chose to bring it up.

Do I sound bitter? I'm not bitter. I just don't like being conned.

Good on him for criticising the bigots, and if he loved us like he says he did then that's a bonus too. I'm sure at his interview it'd be clear if he was bullshitting regarding his feelings for us or not. He's clearly got what it takes as a coach.

Good on him for criticising the bigots, and if he loved us like he says he did then that's a bonus too. I'm sure at his interview it'd be clear if he was bullshitting regarding his feelings for us or not. He's clearly got what it takes as a coach.

He didn't specify bigots. He lumped all Rangers fans together. He didn't differentiate between the average fan and the bigot. I thought he was playing to the gallery, and really made a misjudgement about Rangers fans, and the purpose of the interview. Bad judgement.

I'm not so sure that he'd make a great coach. He doesn't have a good track record.

Why was he sacked in such an abrupt manner at Chelsea? Have we found out yet? Bad judgement? Did he misread a situation, or did someone see through him?

Chelsea seem to be missing Ray Wilkins. A number of people have said this in recent weeks. Carlo Ancelotti looks lost at times, with no-one to talk and discuss on the sidelines.