Rumours

bluenose48

There seems to be a never ending stream of rumours in papers and web sites. eg re Whytes takeover bid, three days ago there was going to be an announcement within 48 hours re a firm bid, hasn't happened. Now Millers leaving in January or the summer along with McGregor. If the first rumour is true, why would Miller or McGregor be going anywhere, as there would be plenty of money to secure them both and I'm sure those in the know within the club would be telling them both to sit tight. Who actually starts them is it some scummy wee bastard in the media? because right now they are giving me the shits. :21::beer1:

Whyte isn't going to start handing out 40 grand a week contracts so his takeover will have little bearing on McGregor staying. The more credible rumours are started by ex players or staff and passed on like wildfire. Some are simply made up by journalists on slow days.

The rumour I heard is that Frankie starts most of the rumours. But that might just be a rumour.

There's actually a rumour committee as you well know.

We keep the best of them private and leak the others to folk like GLC and yourself. :cool:

The Chinese are the culprits, that's why they are called 'Chinese whispers' which basically means that one guy mentions something to another guy...The 2nd guy tells another guy what he THINKS he heard from the 1st guy (which is a bit different from what was initially said) so it travels down the line and ends up as nothing remotely like what was said in the first place.

It's like when you tell someone a bit of news in the boozer and you tell them to keep it under their hat because it's a secret, and they say,"It's safe with me mate, I won't tell a soul!"...By the time you get home from the pub, every fucker in the street knows about it.

It happens everywhere in the world and it will still be like that in centuries to come.

The Japanese are the culprits, that's why they are called 'Asian whispers' which basically means that one guy mentions something to another guy...The 2nd guy tells another guy what he THINKS he heard from the 1st guy (which is a bit different from what was initially said) so it travels down the line and ends up as nothing remotely like what was said in the first place.

It's like when you tell someone a bit of news at the game and you tell them to keep it in their pocket because it's a secret, and they say,"It's safe with me mate, I won't tell a soul!"...By the time you get home from the game, every arsehole in the cul-de-sac knows about it.

It happens everywhere in the world but it may change next year for the better if the Yanks and David Cameron get their way.

I heard a rumour today.

It might shock a lot of you's.

Now, before I get shot down, my source is VERY reliable.

He's one of the most respected journalists, not only is Scotland, but around the world.

Get ready for this one Bears!

THE WEE BUNNET IS BUYING RANGERS!

That's right! You read that correctly!

Andy Cap is about to buy Rangers!

My source? Graeme Speirs!