Why Do We Persist With Him?

Papa Sasac

It could be Whittakers turn every fuckin week............................and deservedly so.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I've EVER seen a R/B that was so fucking incompetent at defending and who can't pass a ball five fucking yards, ever ever play for the Rangers in the last 60 years....I'm struggling to even get close to one....Can anybody name me one? :anguish:

I'm sitting here trying to figure out if I've EVER seen a R/B that was so fucking incompetent at defending and who can't pass a ball five fucking yards, ever ever play for the Rangers in the last 60 years....I'm struggling to even get close to one....Can anybody name me one? :anguish:

Not a right back but Staale Stensaas was the nearest.

Not a right back but Staale Stensaas was the nearest.

I remember seeing him playing for Rosenborg a few times and he looked a pretty decent player...he scored a blinder of a goal against Blackburn Rovers? (I think) in the CL one season.

I never saw him play for Rangers but he apparently didn't settle in as hoped.

The next time I saw him was playing for Norway as a L/B, so i'm not sure why he failed at Ibrox.

Weiss, Whittaker and Foster were shite yesterday.

Weiss never got into the game & the ball didn't come his way from LB or MF. At fault for the goal for not getting goalside to defend Hayes run.

Whittaker, looked lost at RM yesterday..totally, totally lost, he drifted in CM from time to time and his passing was hellish.

Foster almost cos us a goal at the start of the 2nd half by gifting the ball to Caley but his pace got him out of trouble. His passing and crosses were rank all day long and never looked like he'd get down the line.

Maurice (D)Ross :anguish:

whitty was dire but so were a few others, the TEAM had a bad game ,they pick themselves up and have a good look at themselves and move on, afterall im sure they will have a chance to watch the game back, what a bunch of greeting faced, spoilt bunch of fans we got though, im dissapointed in yesterdays performance but i wont give up the ghost yet, or cuss individuals as there are a good few out there not looking interested

Exactly my comment to the guys on my bus yesterday - I have never, ever seen such a poor player in a Rangers jersey at RB.

Exactly my comment to the guys on my bus yesterday - I have never, ever seen such a poor player in a Rangers jersey at RB.

Thanks for that, booler...He was very good going forward last year but shite at the back, now this year he has completely lost the plot and needs dropping to give him a chance to get his head screwed on and watch other R/B's to see how it's done.

It was truly baffling yesterday that Weiss was still played on the left so Whittaker could play on the right. Why are we accomodating Whittaker rather than Weiss? If anything Whittaker is probably less bad (i'm not saying good) on the left hand side of midfield anyway.

It was truly baffling yesterday that Weiss was still played on the left so Whittaker could play on the right. Why are we accomodating Whittaker rather than Weiss? If anything Whittaker is probably less bad (i'm not saying good) on the left hand side of midfield anyway.

I don't think there's a more apt phrase to describe Whittaker moving positions than 'less bad'.

It really is just varying degrees of awfulness.

I don't think there's a more apt phrase to describe Whittaker moving positions than 'less bad'.

It really is just varying degrees of awfulness.

It's pathetic mate eh?

He just seems so weak, both physically and mentally. He takes 'casualness' to a whole new stratosphere on the pitch too.

I've said it a million times before but he's like the wee guy everyone used to have in their team at under 11s who had a bit of skill but the manager used to always have to shout at and tell him to concentrate. Only this is a 26 year old international footballer who seems unable to improve.

Didn't he get dropped last season at some stage then come back a lot better of a player? Or was that the season before?

Either way he needs to spend a few weeks on the bench.

He was dropped about this time last year once Broadfoot was finally fit after a crap first foew months of the season, and looked far better once he got back in the team.

Not a player I rate very highly, yet I would argue that he is one of the most technically gifted players in our squad.

As someone else stated above all our options at RB are very poor. Weiss on the left is poor too.

We need a fullback and a genuine winger. Weiss has been a big disappointment, but then agin needs to play on the right.

Weiss, Foster and Whittaker were all bad vs ICT.