Why Do We Persist With Him?

Papa Sasac

How can Steven Whittaker continue to start for us? I don't see what it is he brings to the team. And no, this is not a "Steven Whittaker is the new fall guy thread", he has been rank rotten for weeks.

Last season, he was terrific going forward, and you always felt he could go on and beat a man. We haven't seen ANYTHING like that all season, and even when he's on the ball he struggles to find a pass. So we try him in defence, and he just CANNOT defend. Doesn't close down, gets beat near enough every time etc... Obviously not today, but in previous games.

So what exactly does Whittaker bring to the team at the moment. If anything, it's his versatility that is keeping him in the team. Nothing else.

There are plenty others who are performing badly, but he is by far the worst.

I await criticism.

Woops, silly me.

And here's me thinking Weiss could have created something as well.

Yep. Put him out of position and it's his fault that none of the other nine players (not counting McGregor) didn't show up for that first half.

Whittaker and Weiss can go choke on each others dicks.

Both shite. Played one game this season. The difference is because Weiss can skin 2 Hamilton players in his own half people thing the sun shines out his pisshole.

Whittaker and Weiss can go choke on each others dicks.

Both shite. Played one game this season. The difference is because Weiss can skin 2 Hamilton players in his own half people thing the sun shines out his pisshole.

Weiss has had more than two good games, as has Whittaker.

Just the usual overreaction on here though.

It was fucking plain stupid to put Whittaker at RM.

Why not just play Wylde left mid and Weiss right mid and have Foster/Whittaker at RB?

This whole accomodating "experienced" players is going to cost us this season, whether it be a cup or even worse.

Whittaker/Foster/Broadfoot.

RB position is laughable they're all terrible although I'd have Broadfoot in front of the other two. We desperately need a RB. All the balls swung into the box come from RB position.

Haw! Read the script son - Weiss is the fall guy for today, maybe it can be Whittaker's turn next week.

i have read the script and whitaker should never wear the shirt.i have watched weiss like most and was happy with him ho0wever over the last few games he has played he has been poor.i have a feeling he is flattering to decieve hope am wrong but its down to him to prove it and at the moment am not sure he will :(