Darren Fletcher

gsa

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren Fletcher is not a world class footballer.

He is a good defensive midfielder but world class is a bit of a stretch. He is so limited. Poor passing range, decent tackler, isn't creative and only chips in with a few goals a season. Busquets, Mascherano, Cambiasso, Khedira, Toure, Palacios, Felipe Melo, Song, De Jong, Tymoschuk, Van Bommel are all better than him. And theres more.

He's had a poor season. The amount of strain put on the Man Utd defence is unreal and that's because their midfield is poor and they don't break up too many attacks. I think Anderson was miles better than him on Monday anyway and he could play there no bother. Has great energy, can tackle and can start counter attacks.

In bold are better than Fletcher.

I rated him second but I hadn't really thought into it and forgot about Khedira and Cambiasso.

No way Palacios, Melo, De Jong, Song or Tymoshcuk are better.

Van Bommel and Toure are close but I would still say Fletcher is a bit better.

He is great tackler and there is nothing wrong with his passing, very energetic aswell.

Don't really see were being creative and scoring goals comes into play.

Guest SandyWATP

Fletcher is a class player. Excellent at his job.

To say he's shite 'cos he doesn't perform for Scotland is folly!

Is Roy Keane not world class 'cos he wasn't as good for eire?

As they say form is temporary class is permanent and Fletcher is class, he'd walk into any team in the cl!

Hahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

I'm sure Pep would love him in his team :lol:

In bold are better than Fletcher.

I rated him second but I hadn't really thought into it and forgot about Khedira and Cambiasso.

No way Palacios, Melo, De Jong, Song or Tymoshcuk are better.

Van Bommel and Toure are close but I would still say Fletcher is a bit better.

He is great tackler and there is nothing wrong with his passing, very energetic aswell.

Don't really see were being creative and scoring goals comes into play.

As a world class footballer, you don't see how being more than a decent tackler is key?

As I said, he's good at his role but to say he's world class is a massive exaggeration.

I think those players are better than Fletcher.

They are all defensive mids but can play a bit. Fletcher is very limited and it's only when hes a midfield 3 that he can play to a decent standard.

As a world class footballer, you don't see how being more than a decent tackler is key?

As I said, he's good at his role but to say he's world class is a massive exaggeration.

I think those players are better than Fletcher.

They are all defensive mids but can play a bit. Fletcher is very limited and it's only when hes a midfield 3 that he can play to a decent standard.

I never said that.

And I disagree with the rest.

Its not a massive exaggeration its an opinion.

To me being world class is being one of the top players in the world in your position and to me he is.

I totally disagree, he fits in very well in 4-4-2 and arguably plays his best stuff when beside Scholes.

I never said that.

And I disagree with the rest.

Its not a massive exaggeration its an opinion.

To me being world class is being one of the top players in the world in your position and to me he is.

I totally disagree, he fits in very well in 4-4-2 and arguably plays his best stuff when beside Scholes.

Fair enough, and its my opinion that saying Fletcher is world class is a massive exaggeration.

I think Carrick and Scholes are Utd's best pairing and Anderson to add a more physical approach when they're playing a 3.