Hectic January For Gers

trueblue68

The bizarre lie that Walter didn't rotate his squad in 2007/2008 continues from the boards self appointed stato......

He didn't play some of the fringe players that often as he didn't rate them and rightly so ... What were the useless tam buffel and Alan vow going to do....:lol:

Having 8 central midfielders or so, at the club didn't help. Players out of position, resorting to 1 uptop to the likes of Inverness, Motherwell, Dundee United, ridiculous cup draws and replays because he wouldn't make changes.

I'd rather have seen Buffel get a game than a half dead Barry Ferguson playing in an attacking role. Charlie Adam, Nacho Novo, Amdy Faye (Walter Smith signing) Chris Burke, Steven Smith, Daniel Cousin, John Fleck... could have made a lot more starts/appearances.

That season is in the past, Walter Smith said himself that he should have rotated a bit more. He's also came out with that this season, so he must realise that he made a few mistakes.

Hopefully he does it this season, because we've got a small squad, a couple of more than capable younger lads, Kerkar, and a lot of tough games coming up.

Having 8 central midfielders or so, at the club didn't help. Players out of position, resorting to 1 uptop to the likes of Inverness, Motherwell, Dundee United, ridiculous cup draws and replays because he wouldn't make changes.

I'd rather have seen Buffel get a game than a half dead Barry Ferguson playing in an attacking role. Charlie Adam, Nacho Novo, Amdy Faye (Walter Smith signing) Chris Burke, Steven Smith, Daniel Cousin, John Fleck... could have made a lot more starts/appearances.

That season is in the past, Walter Smith said himself that he should have rotated a bit more. He's also came out with that this season, so he must realise that he made a few mistakes.

Hopefully he does it this season, because we've got a small squad, a couple of more than capable younger lads, Kerkar, and a lot of tough games coming up.

He did rotate the squad though so maybe you and others should drop that myth.

Any chance of these quotes from Walter That you mention above as I don't remember ever reading them......

Our kids will probably never have a better opportunity of starting games, or at the very least coming on a for a decent amount of time in a game. We are beginning to see it with Wylde coming on for much longer, Ness was on for 15minutes or so, and both have looked promising. Hopefully Walter can keep it up, and know when to make changes to the squad. This group of players will not make it through the season playing every game.

He did rotate the squad though so maybe you and others should drop that myth.

Any chance of these quotes from Walter That you mention above as I don't remember ever reading them......

From my own point of view, I've got to wonder if I've asked a little bit too much of a lot of the boys and maybe I should have changed the team around a little bit more than I have done, especially in the last four or five games.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9178099.stm

WALTER SMITH has blamed himself for the stutter in form which has seen Rangers take just four points from their last three games.

He said: "I'm looking at myself at the moment. I should maybe have changed the team more than I have done.

I have asked a bit too much of some of the players

"I have to look at the pressure I'm placing players under. I need to take stock of that and maybe make more changes than I have been making in recent weeks."

SSN, BBC, Record.

The team have had a good break and should be more than ready to handle this

We need to get as many games out the way as possible before the uefa cup starts again.

I agree.

We should be getting our rest in now/past few weeks.

I noticed against Motherwell how sharp we are. Let's get tore into these teams and get the points on the board.

the beggars have got 9 away games out of the next 12 in the league, while we have 9 at home. at this time of year, especially after the recent weather the pitches will be in an awful state. all the grounds like hamilton, tynie, pittodrie, etc will be a mess with the beggars going to play there. can you imagine them and their foreign legion trying to play football at these grounds ?

If anything it keeps things nice and simple.

Win the games in that period and, most likely, be champions.

If not, get the battle fever on and fight.

Personally I am ok if we play youths in both cups. We must prioritise.

Normal circumstances say we go for it all but we need to accept this isn't 'normal'

My tuppence worth.