McGregor To Blame

Let's be clear on this once and for all...

Foster gave the ball away in the Celtic half but thereafter only one man was to blame - step forward Alan McGregor.

When a keeper makes the decision to leave his line he MUST make it his...

NO IF'S BUT'S OR FUCKING MAYBE'S!!! CLEAN THE FUCKING PLACE OUT!

What did he do? He missed the fucking lot and left Samaras with an easy finish into an empty net.

Don't anyone start me on comparisons with Goram either - there isn't one to be made.

Yes, we were pretty poor all round today but that mistake gave them the platform and the belief that they could go on and win a game which up till then they hadn't managed a shot on target.

And don't anyone tell me about previous saves or performances either, don't want to hear it. Any keeper's only as good as his last save and today McGregor sold the fucking jerseys.

Sorry Alan but you're fuckin het!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once he charged out, the game was lost. You just KNEW he would put it in, and we never looked like scoring before then.

However, the defence again gave Samaras far too much space. You could have drove a bus through the gap between our CBs.

Once he charged out, the game was lost. You just KNEW he would put it in, and we never looked like scoring before then.

However, the defence again gave Samaras far too much space. You could have drove a bus through the gap between our CBs.

I wouldn't have said the game was lost when it went in. OK, we showed no real signs of troubling them before that but if we played with more urgency and creativity then it would be likely to get back into the game. Sadly however, this was not the case.

Bad judgement by Alan, i think he was becoming increasingly frustrated by what he was watching unfold in front of him.

Bad day at the office, bad day in the stands, lets just roll the sleeves up win our 2 games in hand and put the pressure back on the mhanky mhob.

I wouldn't have said the game was lost when it went in. OK, we showed no real signs of troubling them before that but if we played with more urgency and creativity then it would be likely to get back into the game. Sadly however, this was not the case.

That goal gave them the belief and from that point on there was only going to be one winner.

To a point yes, but his mistake was THE pivotal moment in the game.

I'll blame him to an extent, but he's been our best and most consistant player this season.

I've not seen replays, but if I'm correct, Bougherra hit a long ball 1000000000 yards out the park, instead of playing it into Miller's feet, we backed off, no-one put a foot in, and our defence was split apart. McGregor probabaly rhought he had to come out as Foster is shit defensively and Walter Smith is quicker running backwards than David Weir is going forward.

That goal gave them the belief and from that point on there was only going to be one winner.

It should have given us a much needed kick up the arse. I genuinely believed we would get back in it but as I said there was a lack of urgency and creativity.

I'll blame him to an extent, but he's been our best and most consistant player this season.

I've not seen replays, but if I'm correct, Bougherra hit a long ball 1000000000 yards out the park, instead of playing it into Miller's feet, we backed off, no-one put a foot in, and our defence was split apart. McGregor probabaly rhought he had to come out as Foster is shit defensively and Walter Smith is quicker running backwards than David Weir is going forward.

I remember what your talking about and it was shocking, but the way you wrote it :lol:

Compare it to the game at celtic park. They barely created anything in the 2nd half, any balls played in the forward area, our defence cut them out. Our defence was on top of its game but its no surprise. The tims have kept more clean sheets than us this season and we need to get back to basics in defending.

The defence is shite, the midfield isn't much better. McGregor must be sick playing behind that crap. Mistake after mistake, he made a decision and got it wrong.

We can all pick up on different mistakes by different players during the 90 minutes but as I've already stated the outcome of these games often rests on a piece of individual brilliance, a bit of luck or a defensive error and his mistake was the pivotal moment of the game.

Seriously, what the fuck was he doing?

He's been great so far this season. I'd actually turned around my opinion on him as before I though Alexander was by far the safer choice. It's blunders like this that made me question him last year though. Fantastic shot stopped but makes some awful decisions sometimes.

I almost believe he should've taken Samaras out. A red card would have been better than a guaranteed goal.

If Foster could make a simple fucking 5 yard pass (not the only one today) and if Weir and Bougherra got their act together and tighten up at the back that goal would not have been conceded.

McGregor came and then stopped when he should have fucking cleaned everything and everyone! Poor all round.