Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

The deal makes sense both financially and football-wise. We need to move him on now or risk losing him for nothing so we have no choice, and Goodwillie will probably be a good long-term replacement. We also have Lafferty, Naismith and some good youngsters so I see no need to indulge in some of the hair-tearing and gut-wrenching that happens on here any time a transfer is even mentioned.

I'll miss Miller as I think he's performed better than anyone expected since he came back, but we are Rangers and we will move on regardless of who leaves and who arrives. :21:

I know he's due back for the game against Hamilton. but it sometimes take players a while to get back to what they were before injury. its very rarely a player comes back from 4 months out and starts where they left off.

Agreed, but I think Jela will come back strong.

He has something to prove, and now a great chance to do it.

I know he's due back for the game against Hamilton. but it sometimes take players a while to get back to what they were before injury. its very rarely a player comes back from 4 months out and starts where they left off.

Nikica Jelavic isn't an ordinary man.

He is a machine.

Jelavic, Lafferty, Naismith, Beattie (maybe) are all capable of getting us goals. who knows how many any of them can score if they are given the central position when miller goes.

I think most would agree that had they been told in the Summer that Miller would have 22 goals to his name by the end of 2010 they'd have pishged themselves laucghing. I knew we'd still get goals without Boyd but admittedly i didn't think Miller would supply most of them.

He has surprised me this season, who's to say that Naismith, Lafferty or Jelavic can't hit 22 goals over the next 5 months? strikers come and go, i would say that the opportunity to get a young talent (goodwillie) in at the expenxe of an out of contract 31 year old is a good move for the future of the club.

I think we will really struggle to win the league now tbh, we dont even have anyone who is a proven goalscorer other than Miller, Lafferty seems to spend too much time diving and fucking about on twitter, a total waste of money, and Fleck? He isnt going to cut the grade here hes aswell being moved on. Only Naismith is capable of scoring regular, i just hope he stays clear of injuries.

Goodwillie has potential, but thats all, and it doesnt mean he will cut it here even if we do get him, and lets be honest,the finances are becoming such a shambles does he think it wont be long before hes pushed out of the door like others? He will probably stay clear.

Smith and his back team have a real job keeping up the morale now. The fact is goals = points, i just cant see where they will come from other than Naismith, and i reckon he will have to bang in about 20 between now and the rest of the season.

Its all one big mess, thank you Lloyds bank, shower of cunts, i hope yous are happy now :clap:

The way people are talking its as if Rangers dont understand we wouldnt get him for that :rolleyes:

You test the water and see what they want. if we go in at 1.5/2 then they would have asked for more than that, clubs never accept the 1st bid

we do !!