Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

its all about opinions at the end of the day and we cant choose what the club does, i want miller to stay of course i do but if we get rid of miller and get goodwillie in on half millers wages and get a younger player then i'll be more than happy. id be worried if we signed him up for another 2/3 three years and we had a 35 year old striker on something like 18k a week who id imagine wouldnt be playing if hes 35 years old.

But what if the bank has got power of attourney and took this action themselfs to get another 600k (hence Walter Smith's we deserve better headline) and it doesn't come down to opinions then.

That's forced action against the will of the manager and the fans.

There's more questions than answers and I don't think for one minute Walter Smith happily accepted a 600 grand bid for Miller. More fool anyone who does - with all due respect to them.

I know mate, but why sacrifice him for 600 grand rather than lose him for nothing? it's better to lose him for nothing.

I was never a fan of Boyd, but half way through last season if you offered me 600 grand for him I'd have said the same thing, let him go at the end of the season for free than a pittance half way through.

I do see your point mate but as well as the fee we will save a fortune on his wages and it may save us from losing Davis or Shagger.

All that would be irrelevant if I didn't think we were still capable of winning this league,mind Boyd was an empty jersey last year so I wish he had have went in January..

Talk of Miller getting 30 or 40 is pie in the sky IMO although he finally seemed to find a bit of consistency for once in his career I've no doubt he will fall away or would have.

I do see your point mate but as well as the fee we will save a fortune on his wages and it may save us from losing Davis or Shagger.

All that would be irrelevant if I didn't think we were still capable of winning this league,mind Boyd was an empty jersey last year so I wish he had have went in January..

Talk of Miller getting 30 or 40 is pie in the sky IMO although he finally seemed to find a bit of consistency for once in his career I've no doubt he will fall away or would have.

Just can't agree mate.

600k for Kenny Miller, despite the contract situation is abysmal. I'm sorry, but it is.

As I said, Rangers might have a masterstroke up their sleeve. We will need to see (tu)

Just can't agree mate.

600k for Kenny Miller, despite the contract situation is abysmal. I'm sorry, but it is.

As I said, Rangers might have a masterstroke up their sleeve. We will need to see (tu)

Maybe I'm just used to us getting shit returns for our players,was it Maloney the fenians got £1million for with six months left on his contract?

Not sure Birmingham would have went a bit higher rather than lose him to someone else but no doubt we didn't haggle!

Im leaving all the speculating now to the mhedia etc.

Last week he still wanted to stay. Indeed i believe he may still want to stay. I will assure any of you that whoever he signs for will be on at least a 2 year deal with an option of another year.

So if he goes, he goes, its a little suicidal to sell your striker in January but as BBB says Boyd was an empty jersey in the second half of the season.

Lets wait and see :beer1:

he wouldnt score 8 goals in the remaning 60% of the season.

load of shite.

wont loose davis or shagger now. pish they will be sold next but if we are really lucky we might get to keep foster.

thats the way we are these days and dont try and say differently.

Jela looked good before he got injured, but I don't expect him to come in and be back to full pelt right away. If we don't bring in someone else then we have handed the league to they fuckers.

I'm just clinging to the hope that Walter Smith wouldn't have sanctioned this unless he had something up his sleeve.

I don't even believe this is the case, but I'm going to keep telling myself that until proved otherwise.

It never fails to depress me how we let genuine quality players like Cousin, Burke, Ferguson, Adam, Mendes and Miller go for peanuts and allow ourselfs to be held to ransom for inferior replacements.

Good old Rangers.

It astounds me that so many people insist we should've let him stay until the summer and leave for free

Over the last 3 or 4 years, we've let countless players sit tight and see out their lucrative contracts (Stefan Klos, Brahim Hemdani, DaMarcus Beasley, Nacho Novo, Kris Boyd, Steven Smith, Andrius Velicka)

It would've been a crime to let Miller do the same

i gotta ask one thing, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH RANGERS FC, the cunts running the club apprently don't know how to negotiate, they always seem to take the first offer which seems to be a package deal, wilson then miller, a while back it was hutton. :anguish:

We wete offered £4.5 Million for Hutton 6 months before he left and rejected it. Both fees for Wilson and Millar were reaosonable for playesr unwilling to commit to another contract.

load of shite.

wont loose davis or shagger now. pish they will be sold next but if we are really lucky we might get to keep foster.

You're being very negative, remember Weiss is tied down till the end of the season.

It astounds me that so many people insist we should've let him stay until the summer and leave for free

Over the last 3 or 4 years, we've let countless players sit tight and see out their lucrative contracts (Stefan Klos, Brahim Hemdani, DaMarcus Beasley, Nacho Novo, Kris Boyd, Steven Smith, Andrius Velicka)

It would've been a crime to let Miller do the same

That makes no sense at all.

None of the players you mentioned were even regulars in their final year, if ever (for some of them)

We wete offered £4.5 Million for Hutton 6 months before he left and rejected it. Both fees for Wilson and Millar were reaosonable for playesr unwilling to commit to another contract.

We also rejected a £4 million bid from Galatasaray for Thomas Buffel, another one who sat tight and left on a free. We don't accept the first bids for everyone, it just seems that way because many of our fans think every player is worth £10 million

load of shite.

I'm surprised you can see where you're going your heads that far up Millers arse.

Why don't we just shut the gates to Ibrox now as we're doomed according to you.

Get a grip.

We also rejected a £4 million bid from Galatasaray for Thomas Buffel, another one who sat tight and left on a free. We don't accept the first bids for everyone, it just seems that way because many of our fans think every player is worth £10 million

Fantastic hyperbole there. :lol:

That makes no sense at all.

None of the players you mentioned were even regulars in their final year, if ever (for some of them)

Their lack of regular football makes it even worse that they were allowed to run down their contracts

Such mismanagement should never be allowed to happen again, even if it means losing our top scorer