Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

I tried telling you all this a few weeks back if you remember. A hot blonde in my work who knows Mrs Miller told me he was off in Jan.

Like what usually happens unless your in the clique, i got abused for sharing the info. (The only time i have actually had anything to share!)

Cheers fellow bears.

WATP

On him leaving - my theory is this, Kenny Miller would not have scored 35+ goals in a season. He is not good enough for that, therefore imo his goals would have dried up anyway.

I like Miller, i think hes improved greatly, particularly his movement but we will live on. We have replaced far better players than him.

Trust in Walter to deliver the title.

Exactly (tu)

If there had been another offer, someone would have leaked it, everything gets leaked at our club. And i cant see any club starting there bidding under 700k for a striker so hot on form.

Would you be surprised if we accepted the first offer because i wouldnt?

700k is embarrassing.

yeah theres no doubt its embarrassing. just very rare for clubs to accept a first offer. but i suppose it isnt a 'club' accepting an offer. Lloyds wank

im sure walter feels he must be close to getting goodwillie to let kenny go i dont think walter would punt him and leave it at that...hopefully :rolleyes:

yeah theres no doubt its embarrassing. just very rare for clubs to accept a first offer. but i suppose it isnt a 'club' accepting an offer. Lloyds wank

we dont know who accepted it, thats the problem, one day the club are on talking terms with the bank, all hunky dory, debts being repaid, we start the season great, look good in Europe, sit top of the table then by the next transfer window all has changed, the bank have retaken control and we have zero money to buy anyone, despite 2 years of profits, and incredibly and embarrassingly no wages to offer anyone. Im not one for conspiracy theories, ok i am, but, i think the bank, or someone at the bank are doing this on purpose. Its obvious they want to make it as hard as possible for us to be successful this year, why? Well one can only guess, i was under the impression the T*rrier who was in control of our account at Lloyds was gone in the summer, i just wonder who took his job!

I dont blame Lloyds as i dont know what they are doing for a fact, but i do know what Bain and Mutrray have done in the past and the facts are there that they have both mismanaged and neglected our name, brand, club, supporters and team. They both should be hounded out the club.

Yes, Peter Houston said they would possibly accept 1M + Add ons, i dont know if thats webster or installments or a sell on clause

well we could get a sell on clause on his contract should we go for him as well as using andy webster as part of the deal, i have lost all patience with him and i dont feel he should play for us, he would be better at utd, he has had sucess and obviously gets on with peter houston. i dont like that stephen thomson is holding us to ransom for david goodwillie.

WATP :uk:

well we could get a sell on clause on his contract should we go for him as well as using andy webster as part of the deal, i have lost all patience with him and i dont feel he should play for us, he would be better at utd, he has had sucess and obviously gets on with peter houston. i dont like that stephen thomson is holding us to ransom for david goodwillie.

WATP :uk:

Rangers have put a bid in of t £750.000 Why would they sell him for that price?.

Houston can go take a run and jump, he a bitter taig, from Shettlestoun is it, im sure. That prick will be trying to bleed every last pound out of our arsehole of a chief executive.

At any other team Webster would be worth at least a million! Offer him plus £500k and be done with them. Im sure Davids got friends at Rangers, get him to demand a move to Rangers and go public. :) That will soon sort out Dundee Hibernians Houstona nd Thompson!

Rangers have put a bid in of t £750.000 Why would they sell him for that price?.

im not saying that, we could use that money from the miller transfer plus the 750000 that seems to have came from nowhere as well as webster as part of the deal, if theres a sell on clause in the contract then it could be more tempting, if he moves to another club then dundee get part of the transfer fee,

this is all theoretical, im not saying this will happen.

WATP

How many times are you going to bring this up?

No businessman is going to fire in with a bid that matches the asking price as an opening offer.

It's called testing the water and it's common practice in all forms of business.

And how many times does it need to be mentioned that Dundee Utd are in a bad financial position too?

There's no chance they are going to turn down an offer of a million quid for any player just because the bid is from us. Even their manager talked about a bid of a million plus add ons being enough.

We've brought in 600k today with the potential for another 500k in the Summer while clearing somewhere between 4/500k from the wage bill over the next six months.

That leaves us 1 million to play with in January, the possibility of another 500k add ons in May as well as the possible option of Webster, Fleck or Little going to Tannadice for the second half of the campaign.

Anybody who thinks that we cannot finance this deal by selling Miller hasn't sat down and actually thought about it.

And how many times does it need to be mentioned that Dundee Utd are in a bad financial position too?

There's no chance they are going to turn down an offer of a million quid for any player just because the bid is from us. Even their manager talked about a bid of a million plus add ons being enough.

We've brought in 600k today with the potential for another 500k in the Summer while clearing somewhere between 4/500k from the wage bill over the next six months.

That leaves us 1 million to play with in January, the possibility of another 500k add ons in May as well as the possible option of Webster, Fleck or Little going to Tannadice for the second half of the campaign.

Anybody who thinks that we cannot finance this deal by selling Miller hasn't sat down and actually thought about it.

Stop it with your common sense !!!

Its quite a high 'test the water' conidering he only has 18 months left on his deal.

It's not really.

We offer 750. They say they want 1.2 million. We come back with a counter offer of 900k. They say how about 850k plus Little/Fleck/Webster for half a season.

Deal get's agreed after a bit of back and forth.

It's a perfectly fine opening offer and anybody who thinks it's not is just looking for a way to slate Bain, Murray, Smith and the banks.