Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

Wow what great negotiating skills we have.

Barry ferguson 1 m

pedro mendes 1.5 m

kevin thomson 2 m

kris Boyd free

kenny miller 400k

Charlie Adam 500k

Total 5.4million.

Excellent.

I may be wrong, but I don't think we got anything like £1.5m for Mendes. Did we agree to pay his wages after he left? Sure we only ended up with around £500k for him!

Shocking bit of business

only our club would accept bids like tha

I'm sick to the back teeth of the people running our club

The day we are debt free and we can tell the bank and other clubs to fuck off the better

Shocking bit of business

The day we are debt free and we can tell the bank and other clubs to fuck off the better

The alternative was paying another half a million in wages to a player who'd already agreed to leave in the summer. I dunno why people seem to be ignoring this, as if Miller would've signed a new deal with us if we'd rejected the bid or something. He wanted away. He held all the aces.

So we've freed up 400k and 18k per week in wages.

Frankly, it could have been worse.

The real problem is not tying our players down long term 18 months before their contracts are up. It leaves us with very little to negotiate with when it gets to this stage 1 year or 6 months before their contracts are up.

It's 400k more than we would have gotten in 6months time and it was obvious to everyone that we weren't going to agree terms with Miller to sign a new deal. This is as good as it gets.

It is a move that suits both parties I think.

50k a week to play for the Turkish champions? He'd have been daft to turn that down at 31.

For us, I think we are a better team without Miller and Jelavic will bring a buzz back to Ibrox if he can stay injury-free. I'd like Fleck or Weiss in behind Jela, but if we have to sign 1 player, I'd like a 'no.10' striker.

Shocking bit of business

What could we really expect for someone playing the SPL, 31 years old and in the final 6 months of his contract?

It is a move that suits both parties I think.

50k a week to play for the Turkish champions? He'd have been daft to turn that down at 31.

For us, I think we are a better team without Miller and Jelavic will bring a buzz back to Ibrox if he can stay injury-free. I'd like Fleck or Weiss in behind Jela, but if we have to sign 1 player, I'd like a 'no.10' striker.

I agree with what your saying about hed be daft to turn it down but what performance are you basing us being a better team without miller on?

What could we really expect for someone playing the SPL, 31 years old and in the final 6 months of his contract?

He is also one of the top scorers in Europe so far this season

400/500k is a shocking deal IMO

Bain needs to sort his shit out, not gd enuf

You're making it sound very black and white. I hope we do consult the banks to make sure we don't overspend and get back into a mess. If the banks were really calling the shots, we would not have spent the money we spent in August. And even if they are calling the shots and did let us spend the money then then, what on earth gives us th right to ask for yet more money? We had a budget and we've spent it. Just like at any other club (bar a few), when you spend your budget you cannot just demand more.

we spent less than we sold. big wowee.

£400k for a 31 year old who could have walked for free in a few months time?

Why are people complaining? Players going out of contract rarely go for a lot of money.

Hopefully we manage to get in some sort of decent replacement.

Can't say I didn't expect this. Disappointed with the fee but it's better than nothing for someone who is out of contract at the end of the season.

He could of signed a pre-contract and stayed till the end of the season. But his head wouldn't be right and you couldn't see him throwing himself into challenges.

£400,00 is not a great amount to replace him, but hopefully we are able to.

£400k for a 31 year old who could have walked for free in a few months time?

Why are people complaining? Players going out of contract rarely go for a lot of money.

Hopefully we manage to get in some sort of decent replacement.

See my previous post

You're making it sound very black and white. I hope we do consult the banks to make sure we don't overspend and get back into a mess. If the banks were really calling the shots, we would not have spent the money we spent in August. And even if they are calling the shots and did let us spend the money then then, what on earth gives us th right to ask for yet more money? We had a budget and we've spent it. Just like at any other club (bar a few), when you spend your budget you cannot just demand more.

As i have previously said i have no problem with LBG controlling our finances as i have no confidence that the previous regime would have changed their reckless spending habits.

We've simply got to live within our means which in the long run is no bad thing.