Rangers to earn £1m from cup game vs celtic

sillybilly

Not really.

Take the game at £35 a ticket.

£35 x 50,000 = £1,750,000

That's before corporate, hospitality, match day scran, programmes etc.

SKY tv will pump about 800 grand into showing it too.

Minus the police and stewarding costs. Are both teams 50% liable for this? I'm unsure.

It will come to a million, each, no problems.

Is that a mistake or am I missing something, I thought Sky was paying 80k each team?

Am I the only one that is tired of Old Firm games getting played on a Sunday, even a Lunch time kick off on a Saturday would be so much better.

Usually would agree with you but,as im stuck in Spain that weekend,it gives me one less day to avoid the score.Fly back Sunday.Home bout 7pm.Watch us scud the Unwashed then down the local for the Superbowl and celebration drinks till bout 4am.Think Im moist at the thought! :beer1::21:

I had a chat about this with a mate in work yesterday, £35quid a tick x 50,000 divide between us and the taigs is £875k from the gate receipt alone.

I'd imagine Sky will have snapped this up so the TV money aswell then Corporate Hospitality, Catering etc...

That draw could quite literally pay for Goodwillie, or if your

not that way inclined then a bit of right good fanny :blush:

quality joke there mate you had me in stitches.

Makes you wonder how the boy survived his schooldays with a name like that

Am I the only one that is tired of Old Firm games getting played on a Sunday, even a Lunch time kick off on a Saturday would be so much better.

The posponed Apprentice Boy's parade is rescheduled for the Saturday so there is no way the Strathclyde polis were going to allow the game against them to go on the same day.

Hate this as it means a 3;30 am wake up jump in the car and drive 30 minutes to the club to watch the game. Would rather be watching at 7 am but seems that never happens anymore with games against the scum, and ALL because they could not stomach losing the league championship in thier own midden a few years back.

Do you really think it will be £35 a ticket? I dont as I think it will be £25sh...also there will be a lot of concessions so gate receits will be circa 1 Million, costs will be about 250k so the clubs will get about 375k each. Not sure what the deal is with Sky as to whether its pooled or not and given to the SFA to split between all member clubs. I have a feeling SKY pay for the rights for showing x amount of cup ties a season and therefore no extra money is paid for this tie.Mt guess is that we will clear about 600k tops for the game.