Whitty penalty

markybear

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure I've been saying for a while he should be taking them. Never been confident with Miller taking them, as he's more of an instinctive finisher, so letting him have the time to think like a penalty does, I don't trust him.

Of course it is a good penalty. It's went in, hasn't it.

Or is this welcome to the school of penalty kick snobbery?

Its not snobbery to say there are some penalties that are better than others. Similarly some penalty takers are better than others. If we score from it then im happy regardless but would agree that Whitts should continue to take them for the forseeable future, at least until he misses one.

Its not snobbery to say there are some penalties that are better than others. Similarly some penalty takers are better than others. If we score from it then im happy regardless but would agree that Whitts should continue to take them for the forseeable future, at least until he misses one.

I never said that ffs!

It's snobbery to assume a penalty that goes in isn't a good penalty because it's not been as nice on the eye as you want.

Of course it is a good penalty. It's went in, hasn't it.

Or is this welcome to the school of penalty kick snobbery?

Yeah. It must hit an exact spot at the corner of the net, or it's an awful penalty and should be re-taken until it has been done correctly.

I never feel confident when Miller steps up. 2 misses from however many is an OK record, although as a striker they should be putting away most.

Whittaker has shown to have good ability from 12 yards, and I felt he was going to put it away today. Just power, and the keeper has little chance.

The 2 penalties whittaker has hit have been the best I have seen in ages. He has just blootered them and has nearly burst the net with them.

Also his performances have been good aswell

(tu)

Without a doubt this is down to the Davis and Whittaker combination. It seems a weight has been taken off his shoulders.

The 2 penalties whittaker has hit have been the best I have seen in ages. He has just blootered them and has nearly burst the net with them.

Also his performances have been good aswell

You took some words from my mouth....

Whittaker just blooters the penalties and they look good right up to the point where thay are saved or they miss. As soon as that happens, I bet Walter will be branded a fud for having him take the penalties.

I think the answer is very simple - Whittaker took the penalty mid week due to the recognised taker being missing in action and Naismith had been subbed before the penalty was given. Whittaker had the balls to take it then and I expect the team; including Miller, respected that and he was given the task today. Footballers are like this and they like the superstitions etc..

Those looking for the bigger picture are clutching at straws, IMO.

I was working today and as such missed the game (don't worry my ST was put to Gd use).

Why didn't miller take the penalty?

Seems strange that whitty took it if Kenny was playing.

Seems Strange to me

Whittaker was excellent today and if Miller had taken one or two maybe even three of his many crosses first half he would have had at least two or three goals.

Whittaker also scored the last penalty.

I remember when Beattie won that penalty a few weeks ago, I was screaming for him to take it, but miller stepped up, and yep, duffed it. Beattie needed and still does need a goal. I personally felt that weiss should have had it, he won it after all with a terrific run. Would have been on to his hattrick as well. Fine penalty by Whittaker though, if he is seen to be the best spot taker then I'm with him all the way! His record so far is good :)!

He missed against Blackburn in Australia, he missed against Aberdeen a few months ago, and he missed his last one against Inverness

Against Hearts at Ibrox last season the goalkeeper got 2 hands to it and should've saved. Against Celtic at the Piggerie this season the goalkeeper got 2 hands to it and should've saved

Penalties should be taken by someone who can put immense power behind a shot (aka Boyd) or someone who is very cool under pressure (Whittaker) Miller fits neither of these criteria

his penalty against celtc was as good a penalty as you will ever see.

unsavable.

Never confident with miller taking penalties but he seemed to do the job for a good bit so fair play to him, but with whittaker he seems very confident in taking them and I'm happy its him taking them, only person better is the PAPAC !

So if you score 20 tap ins a season you aren't a good goal scorer because you don't look confident? Similar to this penalty debate!

A pen is a pen, if you score it's a good one - miss it's a bad one!