Steven Davis

beef curtains

LEE McCULLOCH has warned Rangers fans that Kenny Miller might not be the only top player to leave Ibrox this month.

Turkish club Bursaspor are keen to sign Miller, 31, and Birmingham City have had a bid of around £600,000 accepted by Rangers, with add-ons taking it to £1.1million.

McCulloch has reconciled himself with the regular change of personnel at Ibrox and would not be surprised if bids also came in for midfielder Steven Davis.

Ahead of tomorrow night's SPL clash with Inverness at Ibrox, the former Wigan midfielder said: "It is something that happens.

"Look at Steven Davis, he has 18 months left on his contract and is arguably the best midfield player in the league, what's to say that he's not to go?

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/2011/01/17/kenny-miller-might-not-be-last-rangers-star-to-leave-in-january-says-lee-mcculloch-86908-22856581/

Lee McCulloch seems to think he'll be next to go. :sherlock:

Well no bother we still have Naismith, Weiss, McCulloch, Edu, Ness, Hutton, Fleck, Wylde and Lafferty in midfield to choose from.

Davis will only be fully appreciated after he's gone. An EPL proven player who chose to spend the key years of his career in the SPL, we won't see many more of them in the next decade

Sell him, because according to some on here, he's been shit all season :rolleyes:

Maybe not been at his best, but the Killie and Hamilton games, along with a number of other ones this season, showed that we cannot afford to lose him, unless we were given a good amount of money to replace him.

Cracking player, one, if not, the best at the club!

Davis will only be fully appreciated after he's gone. An EPL proven player who chose to spend the key years of his career in the SPL, we won't see many more of them in the next decade

He is much appreciated. My point is we are well stocked in midfield.

Aye very good :rolleyes:

So you think his contribution has matched the assessment of his quality by some of our support and a majority of the media?

Listen mate, I'm not doing this going round in circles - you arguing against a point I never made - kind of discussion; lets get it right and save some time:

I haven't said hes a bad player. I just don't see where people get this "he makes us tick" from. For the 3 million and all the hype I would expect more. We cant have it both ways up here; you cant decry the quality of our league then settle for little better than decent from a player who cost that amount of money.

He's given leeway with regards to being played out of position by some sections of our support - leeway not afforded to other players who were given even less of an opportunity.

He doesnt do enough or often enough for me and, like I said, if some silly chairman in the EPL wants to spend over 5 million for him; then I say take it. Again, for the form hes shown, you could get 2 of him for 4 or 5 million.

I will add and stress, that I hope to fuck he proves me wrong the next 4 or 5 months and next season and the one after that and so on. I really do. I hope that. I just feel he gets an easy ride because of his "roots".