Who's our most underated and overated players?

andyspeake

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overrated - McGregor

Not because i don't rate him but because so many people exaggerate how much he's worth and his 'pecking order' in the world of goalkeepers

Underrated - previously would've said Kevin Thomson, now Maurice Edu

Football's all about opinions but it shocks me that some people seem to not rate him whatsoever

Agree'd, I also hate it when people use the "if Gordon is worth £9 million what's McGregor worth" line, as if that'll have any effect on it.

Underrated - Mo Edu. How opinions change. The whole forum was going mental over him earlier in the season and after a few poor games, he now has no technical ability? No. Offers our midfield something different.

Overrated - Bougherra maybe. Still think he's a quality player on form but he's been slack for a while. Not sure if we'd be worse off if we cashed in on him and kept Wilson.

Underated for me is Lafferty, the man shows alot of talent sometimes and for me, he has sorted out his act too, he gets up and walks away from tackles now.

Overated for me is Bougherra, this season anyway, has cost us alot of goals i feel and cant be running up the park all the time if hes isnt going to have an end product, his passing is also been off latly too

Agree with all of that

Under-rated - Lee McCulloch

Over-rated - Lee McCulloch

Best point of the thread. Those that are highly rated, McGregor and Davis spring to mind, tend to be well over rated and those that are slagged are not as bad as is made out. People do tend to go to extremes.