Miller out - we must replace him!

Muff

I wanted Goodwillie, big time.

I've read the comparisons with Naismith and how took a while to settle here and become a big player, but Goodwillie's doing more at Tannadice than Naismith was at Rugby Park when he signed him. He's good with the ball at his feet, he can run at defenders, he can finish; He'll cause defenders hassle, no end.

Sadly, despite being innocent until proven guilty, I'd be shocked to the core if Walter was to as much as consider him a target any longer following the rape charge.

I was quite set on him, so fuck knows who now!

Sums up my feelings perfectly.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be the case,Chef...But the point I'm making is that when you start paying £18m rising to £24m for a player of Darren Bent's talent, it has an ongoing effect on other transfers, which makes it very very difficult for us to compete with even clubs from the English "1st division" never mind poxy clubs from the Premiership.

but we cant and havent been able to compete, i think the fact that we are normally expected to be in europe year on year has helped us with that, at the end of the day you are valued by your ability and he is by far one of the bettter strikers in that league and surely then merits an 18 mill price tag

I wanted Goodwillie, big time.

I've read the comparisons with Naismith and how took a while to settle here and become a big player, but Goodwillie's doing more at Tannadice than Naismith was at Rugby Park when he signed him. He's good with the ball at his feet, he can run at defenders, he can finish; He'll cause defenders hassle, no end.

Sadly, despite being innocent until proven guilty, I'd be shocked to the core if Walter was to as much as consider him a target any longer following the rape charge.

I was quite set on him, so fuck knows who now!

I wanted Goodie aswell, he was waiting on the call, doesn't look like happening now!?

We move on, surely we can find someone - we have to, IMO!

I see he scored a penalty last night...

I wanted David Goodwillie as well, won't happen this window anyway. I wouldn't be against Rangers signing him in the future, that's of course if the rape charges are thrown out in court.

But we need someone this month. Charlie Austin?

We should go back in and get mphela. Or we could go for tshabalala who is on trial at notts forest just now.

Don't know about mphela, but probably just because of tshabalala scored the goal he did and was one of south africa's best performers at the WC in this day & age I'd say he's at least 3 million probably more, so that would rule him out, surely with it looking like goodwillie not being signed we will have a plan B, well I hope we do !

but we cant and havent been able to compete, i think the fact that we are normally expected to be in europe year on year has helped us with that, at the end of the day you are valued by your ability and he is by far one of the bettter strikers in that league and surely then merits an 18 mill price tag

Mate! us auld geezers are still stuck in the timewarp that made us shake our heads in disbelief when we forked out £17,500 to Raith Rovers for Slim Jim in June 1960 :lol:

Darren Bent is a talent alright,only a fool would disagree with that, but is he worth £24m to a club like Aston Villa?

Time will tell I guess if he can keep Villa in the EPL.

i thought anyone could score goals for rangers....sure i read that on here.... <cr>

If they are decent they will, but like I have always said, if Miller goes, then we must replace him, because what we have at the club (Lafferty and Beattie) are not good enough!

Do you agree or not?

If they are decent they will, but like I have always said, if Miller goes, then we must replace him, because what we have at the club (Lafferty and Beattie) is not good enough!

Do you agree or not?

Lafferty is not good enough, i'll give beattie a bit more time. That's why i want to keep miller until at leat the end of the season. The attitude on here is get rid of him, it's very short sighted IMO.....

Better strikers than kenny miller have failed in Scotland, it's not as simple to score goals as some of you make out....

Mate! us auld geezers are still stuck in the timewarp that made us shake our heads in disbelief when we forked out £17,500 to Raith Rovers for Slim Jim in June 1960 :lol:

Darren Bent is a talent alright,only a fool would disagree with that, but is he worth £24m to a club like Aston Villa?

Time will tell I guess if he can keep Villa in the EPL.

auld geezerz, who? must be you mate, to be fair they got heskey so why get bent :sherlock:

Lafferty is not good enough, i'll give beattie a bit more time. That's why i want to keep miller until at leat the end of the season. The attitude on here is get rid of him, it's very short sighted IMO.....

Better strikers than kenny miller have failed in Scotland, it's not as simple to score goals as some of you make out....

Jelavic, a guy who has had surgery, been out for months, looked sharper than Beattie ever will.

As for Miller, he's not staying, so we must replace - yes/no?

Of course we need to replace him if he goes. I would still rather he stayed until the end of the season at least. I find the bravado about his leaving to be misplaced.

So we agree... :D

Still would like to see Beattie getting punted, he looked lazy and uninterested tonight. Boyd looked the same but at least he would score a few goals. Beattie was only signed as an alternative to Jelavic when it looked like we werent going to get him.

Boyd got slated, from me, and many others for less... yet Beattie should be given a chance - why. It's now the middle of January, and he has done fcuk all, whilst still being nowhere near fit for a team challenging for four major honours!

Walter Smith got this one wrong, very wrong. Interesting rumours inside Ibrox last night. Supposidly Beattie is free to go if he can find a club - how true, who knows, probably pish, unfortunatley.

He aint coming good anytime soon, and he will find himself on the bench.

Some supporters could see it, but we are supposidly just 'internet bile'.

Boyd got slated, from me, and many others for less... yet Beattie should be given a chance - why. It's now the middle of January, and he has done fcuk all, whilst still being nowhere near fit for a team challenging for four major honours!

Walter Smith got this one wrong, very wrong. Interesting rumours inside Ibrox last night. Supposidly Beattie is free to go if he can find a club - how true, who knows, probably pish, unfortunatley.

He aint coming good anytime soon, and he will find himself on the bench.

Some supporters could see it, but we are supposidly just

'internet bile'.

we paid 1.5 million for him because he was in the EPL, now that he's in the SPL I wouldn't see us getting a tenth of that!

A shocking signing.