The Game Today

Just back in from the game, havnt seen any other threads yet so dont know whats being said, few things that annoyed me -

5 across the middle, yet no width, shocking

Jambos were poor from first minute and still our coaches didnt smell blood, we persisted with the usual 'hoping' something happens.

1 man up front in the SPL, again, doesnt work, its rubbish.

Jamie Ness substituted and Lee McCuuloch left on.

Bougherras lack of form

Mo Edu starting yet Jelavic benched

Weiss on the LEFT for what, the last 10 - 15 mins.

Mo Edu playing behind our lone striker, whos kidding who?

Not a lack of, just NO, ZERO creativity, urgency or skill in final third.

THAT fucking LONG BALL.

All in all, im not too gutted at the result, if we want to be honest, we didnt deserve much from the game, maybe a draw, but our manager/coaches, just keep making the same mistakes, over and over again.

Pleased with -

Laffertys endevour

Naismiths drive

Seeing Jela back

Jamie Ness, stand out player, again, he is unbelievable, makes Davis and McCulloch look like mediocre players in midfield.

Final word, Well Done Hearts :(

Just back in from the game, havnt seen any other threads yet so dont know whats being said, few things that annoyed me -

5 across the middle, yet no width, shocking

Jambos were poor from first minute and still our coaches didnt smell blood, we persisted with the usual 'hoping' something happens.

1 man up front in the SPL, again, doesnt work, its rubbish.

Jamie Ness substituted and Lee McCuuloch left on.

Bougherras lack of form

Mo Edu starting yet Jelavic benched

Weiss on the LEFT for what, the last 10 - 15 mins.

Mo Edu playing behind our lone striker, whos kidding who?

Not a lack of, just NO, ZERO creativity, urgency or skill in final third.

THAT fucking LONG BALL.

All in all, im not too gutted at the result, if we want to be honest, we didnt deserve much from the game, maybe a draw, but our manager/coaches, just keep making the same mistakes, over and over again.

Pleased with -

Laffertys endevour

Naismiths drive

Seeing Jela back

Jamie Ness, stand out player, again, he is unbelievable, makes Davis and McCulloch look like mediocre players in midfield.

Final word, Well Done Hearts :(

Pretty much spot on imo. See my thread about Management/Tactics

i thought the formation was working and to be fair if there keeper didnt have a few cracking saves we would not be saying this, subs were an issue for sure and a blatant dive which should have resulted in a red didnt help but you get some and you dont in them situations... good showing from most and just unlucky, gutting all the same

Were you complaining when we were getting shots on goal and dominating the game with 5 in midfield?

One man up front would have worked if we had a striker who has the brains and ability to play it well. Lafferty will never have that.

Yes, McCulloch should have been hooked a long time ago.

Bougherra's head is up his own arse.

The reason Edu started ahead of Jelavic was because he was only returning from a niggling injury and had been training a lot more than Jelavic.

Weiss should have went to the right with Fleck on the left. It became even narrower with them out of position.

Maurice Edu was fantastic and IMO our best player.

Well done Hearts

They were fucking garbage and we still couldn't win.

it's 'you're' not 'your'.

You're making a mistake in assuming he has the intelligence to understand the error you highlighted.

Before you know it he'll be saying, well, something incredibly thick like 'Your a faggot' to remove any remaining doubts about his stupidity.

Were you complaining when we were getting shots on goal and dominating the game with 5 in midfield?

One man up front would have worked if we had a striker who has the brains and ability to play it well. Lafferty will never have that.

Yes, McCulloch should have been hooked a long time ago.

Bougherra's head is up his own arse.

The reason Edu started ahead of Jelavic was because he was only returning from a niggling injury and had been training a lot more than Jelavic.

Weiss should have went to the right with Fleck on the left. It became even narrower with them out of position.

Maurice Edu was fantastic and IMO our best player.

They were fucking garbage and we still couldn't win.

In other words we couldnt take our chances.

Lafferty tried his best, he had no help from anyone or anywhere. Isolated, stranded and a scapegoat, shame on fans having a go at him.

Why play him behind our main striker? When has Mo Edu ever created anything, took men on, smashed shots in from anywhere within 30 yards? He was playing attacking mid!

Fleck cant play left either.

Edu, best player? Did you just ignore Ness?

Credit where credit is due, they beat us fair n square, i dont mind saying well done to them. We need to look in the mirror.

You're making a mistake in assuming he has the intelligence to understand the error you highlighted.

Before you know it he'll be saying, well, something incredibly thick like 'Your a faggot' to remove any remaining doubts about his stupidity.

Oh here we go, my stalker

The panic Weiss substitution needs to stop. Every time he has been thrown on at times like that he picks the ball up on the half way line and has 2-3 players in his face and he trys to beat them all. Id rather Weiss started, then went off.

Lafferty tried his best, he had no help from anyone or anywhere. Isolated, stranded and a scapegoat, shame on fans having a go at him.

Why play him behind our main striker? When has Mo Edu ever created anything, took men on, smashed shots in from anywhere within 30 yards? He was playing attacking mid!

Credit where credit is due, they beat us fair n square, i dont mind saying well done to them. We need to look in the mirror.

Lafferty tried his best? That is the very least I expect from him. Time and time again the ball came up to him and it bounced off him, things broke down and he gave it away. Trickled two good chances into Kello's arms and that attempt at a pass through to Edu in the second half was woeful. A simple 4 yard pass into his stride for him to have a shot and he kicks it behind him.

I'm not a fan of Edu but he was our best player today and got himself forward time and time again and slipped a few balls through for Lafferty only for him to be caught offside... Again.

Fleck is not a LW but for the 15 minutes he was on it would have made more sense to play Weiss on the right and Fleck on the left.

No I did not ignore Jamie Ness. He was our second best player today behind Edu.

There is no excuse for 2 of the chances Lafferty missed or the one that Naismith missed.

Walter Smith: You want answers?

SirWalterSmithLegend : I think I'm entitled

Walter Smith: You want answers?!

SirWalterSmithLegend: I WANT THE TRUTH!

Walter Smith: You cant handle the truth....

Walter Smith: Son, we live in a world that has points , and those points have to be won by players I trust. Who's gonna do it? You? You, SirWalterSmithLegend? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for McCulloch, and you curse the Rangers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the way I set up my team, while tragic, probably wins games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins titles. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in that dugout, you need me in that dugout. We use words like Defence, Resiliant, tactics. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very victories that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a scarf, and do the bouncy. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

The panic Weiss substitution needs to stop. Every time he has been thrown on at times like that he picks the ball up on the half way line and has 2-3 players in his face and he trys to beat them all. Id rather Weiss started, then went off.

If it was a panic sub it would have happened a lot soon and should have IMO, the game was crying out for weiss for a bit of creativity in that 2nd half yet walter and the rest of them dilly dalleyed hoping it would be fine, the tactics were fine I thought just the timing of the subs and the players he took off was fucking stupid !