Andrius Velicka

Thommo

So we could sign guys like, say, Ryan Babel or Alberto Aquilani?

Every club buys players that don't work out as expected. It's a risky business where past performance offers no guarantee as to what the future holds.

The joke's on you ya chukter, Damien Commolli wasn't at Liverpool at the time when they signed Babel & Aquilani. Hardy har har, you lose.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The joke's on you ya chukter, Damien Commolli wasn't at Liverpool at the time when they signed Babel & Aquilani. Hardy har har, you lose.

So the point went straight over your head. Whooosh noise was it? Or a simpler, duh?

Unless my eyesight has completely gone I'm certain the guy I quoted said 'a Damien Comolli type'. That word, type, is quite important in that context.

If you still don't understand, get some help from someone not quite as thick as you appear to be happy to out yourself as.

there's no hindsight about it

smith paniced and signed beattie cause he thought the jelavic deal was going tits up, thats the only explanation for the beattie signing

It's 100% hindsight. Unless you are Mystic Meg.

But, I'm happy to concede that your explanation for the Beattie signing is as every bit as good as the next wild guess.

So the point went straight over your head. Whooosh noise was it? Or a simpler, duh?

Unless my eyesight has completely gone I'm certain the guy I quoted said 'a Damien Comolli type'. That word, type, is quite important in that context.

If you still don't understand, get some help from someone not quite as thick as you appear to be happy to out yourself as.

Regardless of the "point" made numnuts, the statement you made involving the two players names you mentioned were incorrect and i was simply correcting you.

Fact is, you never did your research and that you were wrong, simple.

No hard feelings.

So we could sign guys like, say, Ryan Babel or Alberto Aquilani?

Every club buys players that don't work out as expected. It's a risky business where past performance offers no guarantee as to what the future holds.

I thought maybe some quality control and footballing strategy might be useful as opposed to our current system if you could call it that!!

Regardless of the "point" made numnuts, the statement you made involving the two players names you mentioned were incorrect and i was simply correcting you.

Fact is, you never did your research and that you were wrong, simple.

No hard feelings.

The point was both accurate and valid. You didn't understand it. And apparently still don't.

I wasn't surprised the first time, but offered a chance for you to at least re-read my post and your nonsensical reply. No matter - thanks for confirming not only just how stupid you are willing to be in public, but how pitiful your basic english comprehension skills are.

I blame the schools.

I thought maybe some quality control and footballing strategy might be useful as opposed to our current system if you could call it that!!

Smith, Bain and the rest, like every club's management team I'm sure, try their best. But the risks are high. If it subsequently goes wrong - it's all the more pointed for a club like The Rangers as we find ourselves in such diminished circumstances.

The point was both accurate and valid. You didn't understand it. And apparently still don't.

I wasn't surprised the first time, but offered a chance for you to at least re-read my post and your nonsensical reply. No matter - thanks for confirming not only just how stupid you are willing to be in public, but how pitiful your basic english comprehension skills are.

I blame the schools.

Is it that time of the month?

Listen numnuts, i know exactly what you said. Your "point" was that we don't need an executive "type" director like 'Commolli' at Rangers. Right?

So how exactly am i not getting it?

How are you not getting the fact that you were incorrect with your statement about Babel and Aquilani? You tried to be a smartarse with that comment but fact is, you ended up looking like a bawbag.

Now fuck off.

Listen numnuts, i know exactly what you said. Your "point" was that we don't need an executive "type" director like 'Commolli' at Rangers. Right?

So how exactly am i not getting it?

Well, that wasn't my point at all. So you still aren't getting it :lol:

Care for another try? Or are you not as yet content with outing yourself as a fully paid up member of the hard of thinking community?

I did suggest you get some help if you were struggling. And you are.

Well, that wasn't my point at all. So you still aren't getting it :lol:

Care for another try? Or are you not as yet content with outing yourself as a fully paid up member of the hard of thinking community?

I did suggest you get some help if you were struggling. And you are.

Due to your woman-esque nagging i decided to read what you said and i get what you're saying now.

Tbh i agree with what you said about Beattie, Goodwillie etc hindsight is a fantastic thing however still doesn't change the fact of you being wrong about Babel & Aquilani & then getting all hot & bothered about me saying that you were incorrect and you still are in regards to the comment about those two players. Commolli wasn't responsible for those two signings and that example was a bad one, fact.

Due to your woman-esque nagging i decided to read what you said and i get what you're saying now.

Tbh i agree with what you said about Beattie, Goodwillie etc hindsight is a fantastic thing however still doesn't change the fact of you being wrong about Babel & Aquilani & then getting all hot & bothered about me saying that you were incorrect and you still are in regards to the comment about those two players. Commolli wasn't responsible for those two signings and that example was a bad one, fact.

So should we get someone like Comolli in? Lol

Ok, you still aren't getting my point.

The question was - do we need a Comolli type? I presumed it was asked because it might be considered to help improve the success rate of signings. I wanted to highlight that even a director of football could offer no more guarantees for the success (or otherwise) of a signing. Comolli, now at Liverpool, made Babel and Aquilani obvious examples of failed signings to illustrate my point. Even though he could not be not credited with their signatures. They were mentioned because they were two (current) high profile signings that have not succeeded for Liverpool as they must have hoped. So, with or without a Comolli 'type' being involved the result was the same - players failing to live up to expectations.

My point is this - there are no guarantees whatsoever with any signing. Employing a director of football, a manager, team coaches and more or any combination of them still offers no guarantees.

For what it's worth - Comolli was sacked at Spurs for failing to live up to expectations himself. Yep, he can't even guarantee his own success. Let alone that of third parties.

Ok, you still aren't getting my point.

The question was - do we need a Comolli type? I presumed it was asked because it might be considered to help improve the success rate of signings. I wanted to highlight that even a director of football could offer no more guarantees for the success (or otherwise) of a signing. Comolli, now at Liverpool, made Babel and Aquilani obvious examples of failed signings to illustrate my point. Even though he could not be not credited with their signatures. They were mentioned because they were two (current) high profile signings that have not succeeded for Liverpool as they must have hoped. So, with or without a Comolli 'type' being involved the result was the same - players failing to live up to expectations.

My point is this - there are no guarantees whatsoever with any signing. Employing a director of football, a manager, team coaches and more or any combination of them still offers no guarantees.

For what it's worth - Comolli was sacked at Spurs for failing to live up to expectations himself. Yep, he can't even guarantee his own success. Let alone that of third parties.

Instead of writing all that ^ in, i simplified it down to "hindsight is a fantastic thing". What did you think i meant by when i said "hindsight is a fantastic thing"? Of course i'm referring to the signing of (new) players.

Whatever man, this is like talking to a woman.

To everyone saying a waste and he's shite etc. Heinsight is a wonderful thing.

He was 700 grand, but when someone wants to prove a wee point it always gets rounded upto a cool million.

He was excellent for Hearts, plus big and strong which keeps the SPL heads happy.

People forget that wee spell when he scored 6 goals in 6 games at the end of the season a couple of years ago. He goes with my wishes, it just hasn't worked out but there's been much worse money spent.

To everyone saying a waste and he's shite etc. Heinsight is a wonderful thing.

He was 700 grand, but when someone wants to prove a wee point it always gets rounded upto a cool million.

He was excellent for Hearts, plus big and strong which keeps the SPL heads happy.

People forget that wee spell when he scored 6 goals in 6 games at the end of the season a couple of years ago. He goes with my wishes, it just hasn't worked out but there's been much worse money spent.

(tu) That kept us in the title race.