Things could be worse.......

BelterBear

Taken from BBC Website

Buffel eased into Rangers return

Thomas Buffel will not play for the first team until next season

Rangers forward Thomas Buffel will not return to first-team action until next season after recovering from injury.

The 26-year-old Belgium international has been out since February with a knee problem which required surgery.

Rangers boss Walter Smith told the club's website: "It will be next season before he is playing again and back with us in the squad."

Smith granted Buffel permission to talk to Hannover about a possible move to the Bundesliga club when

Buffel, who joined Rangers from Feyenoord for £2.5m two years ago, almost joined Hannover in January.

Smith told Rangers' website: "Thomas is coming along well. He had the operation on his knee in Belgium and spent some time there recuperating.

"But he will be back training with us at Murray Park later this week and continue his rehabilitation."

he succeeded Paul Le Guen as Rangers boss.

But Buffel failed to agree personal terms with the German club and he remained at Ibrox.

Bit of an odd post, how would having Buffel fit and available for selection would have been invaluable over the last couple of months particularly against osasuana. Yes hes inconsisent but hes also one of the only creative players we have. <cr>

inconsisent :lol::lol::lol:

Non existent matey......inconsistent !!! :lol::lol::lol:

The guys let us down time and time again. He's only still here coz he couldn't get wages sorted out. The fact that he thinks he actually deserves mega wages for what he has produced during his time at Ibrox is laughable!

The guys let us down time and time again. He's only still here coz he couldn't get wages sorted out. The fact that he thinks he actually deserves mega wages for what he has produced during his time at Ibrox is laughable!

While we've got him and are paying the wages I would want him fit and at least available for selection I agree hes not done it regularly enough to justify us turning down a decent bid for him in the summer but he has the ability to turn a game and for that reason it is laughable to suggest we're better off with him injured. Have you forgotten the Inter game at Ibrox last year??

Bardsleys doin that he got was obviously not enough...come back and finish this wee sheeite aff Phil :angry2:

TBH i think we really needed him against osasuana. He always puts in a good show in Europe.

As for the league he's shite about 80% of the time.

Agreed on both counts we had no cutting edge against Osasuna with him in the side we could have got away with playing Boyd as well and would have at least carried some goal threat. (header)

While we've got him and are paying the wages I would want him fit and at least available for selection I agree hes not done it regularly enough to justify us turning down a decent bid for him in the summer but he has the ability to turn a game and for that reason it is laughable to suggest we're better off with him injured. Have you forgotten the Inter game at Ibrox last year??

Of course I havn't but to play well 1 in ever 10 games doesn't do it for me I'm afraid. I'd rather see someone else take his place in the squad because this joker just can't do it in the SPL. If he had true skill and quality he would be sticking out in games instead of hiding or running around like a heedless chicken.

Ah shit a did forget about that game how bloody silly of me

Tam get yer gear oan yer feckin brilliant

Aye that will be right..get yer jecket oan ya wee feckin ersehole yer off

Mate gee uz peeace way aw that wan game sheeite will ye...if the scum are sniffin aboot here ye wil make us the laughin stock, pull yerself the gither eh

Bardsleys doin that he got was obviously not enough...come back and finish this wee sheeite aff Phil :angry2:

But I thought it was Barry that Bardsley nutted fishy fella? :rolleyes:

How many times has this got to be said he's as soft as a bollock and a good fart knocks him off the ball, he's nae good for this league. We need aggressive players of which we have none at this present time, teams full of pussies !

But I thought it was Barry that Bardsley nutted fishy fella? :rolleyes:

Youll rise to anythin eh! hook and worm bubble n fly...am throwin you back in small fry :piss:

Just glad that I taught you some facts about "your" club yesterday :)

Tommorow, we'll see if you can name the startingXI...

Ehhhhhh ??????? nut got me tiddler :piss:

I'd keep Buffel long before Novo,Sebo,Adam and .Murray

4 very below average players who should be pulling on Dundee tops not Rangers

Reasons for keepin him...so he can milk it more

Take yer head out of the sand he will not be what you think he is

He is a feckin waster

I'd keep Buffel long before Novo,Sebo,Adam and .Murray

4 very below average players who should be pulling on Dundee tops not Rangers

Reasons for keepin him...so he can milk it more

Take yer head out of the sand he will not be what you think he is

He is a feckin waster

(tu)

You can count the good games he has had for us on 2 hands. That is being generous. He has been a complete waste of money for us.

Oi a just voted you for chairman........think i'll take it back.

All i'm saying is Buffel has talent and maybe Wattie will push him to show it more but Sebo,Novo,Adam and Murray have no talent and are taking up my oxygen at Ibrox as well as a shirt for someone alot better.

There are certainly worse players who hold down a place in our team than Buffel. I for one would rathetr have him fit and available for selsction, especially now we are at the business end of the season. Against ICT it was clear that we had nobody to influence the play between the midfield and strikers and despite all his short comings in terms of consistancy and form, Buffel is talented enough to unpick a tight defence, that could have been vital espacially with teams playing a 9-1 formation against us.

If he didn't cost 2 million and command wages of about £15,000 a week then a lot more fans would be more patient with him, but thats just my opinion.

Buffel is a prime example of why we need to get the balance of players we sign right. You get some saying about how players have to come here with a pedigree and have a bit of quality about them. Buffel came here with a pedigree: UEFA Cup winner, chased by teams like Liverpool, Inter Milanand Bayern Munich just 18 months before we signed him and has 29 caps for Belgium. With the little money we have to spend we have to ensure that it is spent correctly.