Davie Weir dropped?

gersandy

Drop Weir?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should we drop Davie Weir? And bring in Bartley beside Boughie.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read monday's paper today as it was in the toilet and a was bored.... anyway was reading what john hartson was saying about it and he said basically what everyone has been saying on here. great servant to us but time is up on his career sadly.

Yes.

A legend of The Rangers Football Club, but it's time he started to step away from the first team, especially in games against the likes of Lisbon and Celtic.

I think Walter respects Weir too much to drop him. Dropping him now would absolutely crush the big fella and effectively tell the whole world that his career is over

Of course he should be dropped though

No room for sentiment in football and certainly not at Rangers. No man is bigger than the club and if Weir is not doing the business he deserves to be dropped.

And he isn't the only one lately.

If I'm being honest, I think we won't win the league if we persist with Weir at the back. We might win it if we drop him.

The team needs to find it's confidence, and find it fast. Our defence is a shambles and Weir is a big part of the reason.

It's a bold statement, but I fully agree with it. We won't win the league if we persist with David Weir.

At the moment our full team revolves around protecting his inabilities, that has to change if we are to stand a chance of progressing as a team. (tu)

Did it say sky sports news understands or sky sources aw that pish :lol:

Maybe if you read about it, you can stop asking inane questions, http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/homepage/index.php/component/content/article/41-finances/1033-weir-misses-training-as-hutton-is-in-ness-a-naismith-out.html

I don't see why anyone can argue against it he has to be dropped we have been accomadating him for far too long.

Times is up Davie you have performed beyond all expectations we are all imensely grateful but take a bow now with some dignity and sit out the big games.

His reading of the game is incredible but it is not longer enough.

I do think the team worry about the back four and thats mainly because of Davie.

I'll be shocked if Walter drops him though.

No surrender Davie Weir! To be honest, I don't think we have a better alternative than him. I can't see Boughy and Bartley working well as a centre back partnership. Moving Papac over would also cause problems if we had to bring in Foster, who in my opinion is fucking wank! We have a paper thin squad and that's why Davie Weir remains a regular in our side