ness signs till 2015

gunslinger

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't it convince you when it's 100% true?

We've seen it before with Charlie Adam. Always played as a left winger. Always shite. Gets a move to a club who plays him in his correct position. Excels.

I wasn't disputing that it's 100% true. I just think an attacking midfielder being played at left midfield should be able to produce better performances.

Also, Charlie Adam wasn't always shite at Left Midfield, he had a few really good games there which showed his potential whereas Fleck hasn't.

Level of performance? Hes a kid with ability totally unsuiting of the team he plays in, he has been no worse than other, higher paid, more experienced professionals.

(tu)

I've heard a lot about his ability but seen nothing of it.

I'll keep supporting him 100% and really hope he turns out to be a great player but I'm not convinced.

wever had the firesale. we can still offer contracts obviously but they dont seem great.

some will be accepted some rejected.

dj on rr last night said nothing was going to stop super taking the job he knows he doesnt have many players and will maybe have to sell a couple of big names in the summer but hes ok with that as long as he gets the cash from the sales.

that wont be far from the truth.

davis, mcgregor and bougherra will all go. the wage bill will be reduced again and we will buy players with the cash we raise.

We'll see. McGregor would be the one who would get the most money and we already have Alexander as his replacement. The other two have failed to show anything this season to suggest that anybody else would be desperate to have them. I will be very happy to see us have a nucleus of young players who will progress, or not, together.

I didnt say that was the only reason. Its such a shame you have given up on him.

:((tu)

There is a few things I require out of a centre midfielder/defensive midfielder, a few basic things.

Some of these are:

1) First Touch

2) Awareness

3) Passing ability

4) Fight/dig

5) Being able to win the ball

6) Always looking for the ball

7) Closing down space

8) Always be on your toes and on top of opposing players.

9) Decision making.

10)Can hold the ball and keep possession.

11)Energy

In my opinion Edu only has two of those and that is closing down space and energy. He has no first touch and can't pass. He has no awareness of what's going on around him and near enough always makes the wrong decision.

He is not a good football player and now at his age probably never will be.

Compare this with Ness. Ness has great first touch and awareness. His passing is sublime at times. He never misplaces a simple pass. I've yet to see him shite it from a tackle. He normally makes the right decision. The only things from the list lack Ness lacks is down to his lack of fitness and being young which is he lacks a bit of enegry and due to this his closing down of space is as good as it could be.

I'ts not like Edu hasn't had the chance to prove he has these abilities. He's had more than enough chances so I feel I have the right to give up on him as I don't see a football player in him at all.

Ness put Edu to shame for how bad a player he actually is.

There is a few things I require out of a centre midfielder/defensive midfielder, a few basic things.

Some of these are:

1) First Touch

2) Awareness

3) Passing ability

4) Fight/dig

5) Being able to win the ball

6) Always looking for the ball

7) Closing down space

8) Always be on your toes and on top of opposing players.

9) Decision making.

10)Can hold the ball and keep possession.

11)Energy

In my opinion Edu only has two of those and that is closing down space and energy. He has no first touch and can't pass. He has no awareness of what's going on around him and near enough always makes the wrong decision.

He is not a good football player and now at his age probably never will be.

Compare this with Ness. Ness has great first touch and awareness. His passing is sublime at times. He never misplaces a simple pass. I've yet to see him shite it from a tackle. He normally makes the right decision. The only things from the list lack Ness lacks is down to his lack of fitness and being young which is he lacks a bit of enegry and due to this his closing down of space is as good as it could be.

I'ts not like Edu hasn't had the chance to prove he has these abilities. He's had more than enough chances so I feel I have the right to give up on him as I don't see a football player in him at all.

Ness put Edu to shame for how bad a player he actually is.

Ness has put all the higher paid midfielders on our books to shame.

Is Edu a defensive midfielder though? Im not sure and hes not an attacking midfielder either.

Imo Ness is our best midfielder and what that says of Walters £9m he has spent on Davis, Edu and McCulloch, i dont know! :(

Edu has had chances, looks good 1 game then has 3 bad ones. Did you think he was good against Valencia and Man U at old Trafford where he won MOTM? He was outstanding, then after the injury he picked up against Inverness, its been like he has been scraed to go in for 50/50 challenges, for such a huge athlete, hes a bit of a lightweight.

I like him and will support him, its not his fault he may not be good enough, its the people who thought it wise to spend £3m that we didnt have simply on word of mouth.

Ness has put all the higher paid midfielders on our books to shame.

Is Edu a defensive midfielder though? Im not sure and hes not an attacking midfielder either.

Imo Ness is our best midfielder and what that says of Walters £9m he has spent on Davis, Edu and McCulloch, i dont know! :(

Edu has had chances, looks good 1 game then has 3 bad ones. Did you think he was good against Valencia and Man U at old Trafford where he won MOTM? He was outstanding, then after the injury he picked up against Inverness, its been like he has been scraed to go in for 50/50 challenges, for such a huge athlete, hes a bit of a lightweight.

I like him and will support him, its not his fault he may not be good enough, its the people who thought it wise to spend £3m that we didnt have simply on word of mouth.

I have nothing against the guy and as you say it's not his fault that we bought him. He was really good against Valencia and Man Utd but that goes back to my point about him only being able to close down and have energy. As soon as we try and dominate the midfield when he is in it, it more often than not breaks down at him due his lack of footballing ability.

In Europe when we don't expect to have much of the ball he is normally good. But when we try and play football his inadequacies are magnified to such an extent it's ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong he'll have my support as long as he is playing for us, just like any player. That doesn't stop me from wishing someone will take him off our hands in the summer though.

I have nothing against the guy and as you say it's not his fault that we bought him. He was really good against Valencia and Man Utd but that goes back to my point about him only being able to close down and have energy. As soon as we try and dominate the midfield when he is in it, it more often than not break down at him due his lack of footballing ability.

In Europe when we don't expect to have much of the ball he is normally good. But when we try and play football his inadequacies are magnified to such an extend it's ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong he'll have my support as long as he is playing for us, just like any player. That doesn't stop me from wishing someone will take him off our hands in the summer though.

Very well put

(tu)

I don't want this to sound like a dig at our coaching staff, as their methods have been successful up until now, but I don't think we've given Edu what he needs.

It's blindingly obvious to me that our training is mostly centred around strength and stamina. How many players have we brought in and turned into far superior footballers? None in recent memory I'd say, but we have turned players into incredibly fit and strong machines.

Edu already had the strength, the fitness and stamina. What he didn't have was the natural football ability that players like Ness and Davis have. With that in mind, I think he probably needed a lot more ball work than several others.

I hate to say it, but I know some people agree - Edu does occasionally look like he's been brought up in a country where football isn't the primary sport. I genuinely believe I play sevens and elevens with people who are a lot comfier in possession of a football than Edu, which is a crazy thing to think about. He just takes so many touches to control a ball that it doesn't look like we're working on that in training whatsoever.

If he moves on to a more technically minded coaching team, I think he could be a great player. But again, why change the whole coaching set up that accommodate one player when the methods used are tried, tested and successful? That's the dilemma.