***The Official PSV Eindhoven vs. The Rangers Thread***

Muff

shit game normal tactics from mr negative a 0-0 draw big deal if he had a go we might have got a result. pathetic again smith.boring boring boring.nothing positive to take from that. :anguish:

Shut yer hole ya torn faced bastard

It's a good result in the fact that it's all square going to Ibrox but it's dodgy as fuck.

Open up at home to try and get a goal and it gives them more space to exploit. Sit back again and don't look like ever scoring is just begging for them to score late on.

Of course, I could be wrong with both. Could attack and annihilate them Valencia style but with no Miller or Jelavic there's fuck all at all to get the goals.

Alexander - solid, as always.

Bartley - anyone who thinks he can't replace Weir is deluded - outstanding!

Whittaker - said it before, his best position is left-back!

Defence as a unit was organised, disciplined and solid.

Davis has some good moments, Hutton, Edu and Lafferty looked lost, out of place, Diouf was busy, made some nice runs, won a number of headers...

Anyone who uses the word "disgrace" to describe our performance (spotted 2 so far) really is a fucking twat

3 years ago performances like that were being lauded, now with a much weaker side it's supposedly disappointing?

Defence was fantastic once again and have really upped their game in the last few weeks

i feel sorry for the people who paid to go and watch that rubbish fucking disgrace. smith parked the bus yet again boring the shit out of everybody away from home.glad hes going soon i think he gave up a while ago.

Nah mate, you're the fucking disgrace. We were playing against a team tonight who are top of the Dutch League with their front 3 scoring 49 goals between them and you wanted us to go there and play fuckin expansive football ?

Some Rangers fans need a fuckin reality check man.

Whittaker and Bartley were both class.

Agreed.

Bartley must give Smith a massive stiffy. Big, fast tank who can play in multiple positions. I bet he's had a few sticky nights dreaming about him. The rascal. :drool:

fro the PSV forum :lol:

How the hell do you score a goal against this team? A nice club but really a very difficult selection annoying. I think it's really a sick team and PSV is not really the team that the game can make. If Manchester United has already broken even ahead of the Rangers PSV or what not?

I expect quite a Glasgow Rangers football and that is more than just that PSV can benefit. The advantage is that PSV will always get chances to scoring. Therefore, 0-0 in Eindhoven, not too bad. PSV itself has no damage. 1-1 had been much less.

shit game normal tactics from mr negative a 0-0 draw big deal if he had a go we might have got a result. pathetic again smith.boring boring boring.nothing positive to take from that. :anguish:

Would you have taken that result if offered it before kick off ?

Nothing positive.... <cr>

Whittaker, Bartley and glimspes from foster! Shame about the rest. Our defence looked extremely fragile sometimes. The only reason we are coping is because of the numbers back supporting! The entire midfield was missing, getting used to that though. Good result. We are more than capable of taking something back at ibrox. Oh yes, We Are The People

Sorry Sir Alex, and tbh, I don't give a shit about your opinion.

Hutton; too quiet, not looking for the ball, stray passes, lost his runner on a few occasions, ball watching.

Edu; if you think Edu performed in that 1st half, then you are clueless - but I already knew that!

Diouf; the lone man. He's getting slated for not having pace - his fault? Dealt with a number of high balls, made some nice runs only for the likes of Edu, Whittaker, Davis and Bartley to play the wrong sort of ball... he has pointed to his feet on a number of occasions after making good runs.

Lafferty; ran about and chased back, one good flick on from a throw-in, apart from that he gave possession away and done nothing.

Don't know where I said Diouf's performance was so unique to Lafferty's, so maybe in future, you could try reading and watching the game (tu)

Your description of Dioufs performance could have been used to describe anyones. I didn't say lafferty had a good game, but you can't just nitpick and say Diouf "done well" when he did fuckall. What do you mean Diouf dealt with a number of high balls ? If you mean he jumped for it and waved his arms, picked himself up, sighed, and walked on, then you'd be correct. Diouflover

Whittaker, Bartley and glimspes from foster! Shame about the rest. Our defence looked extremely fragile sometimes. The only reason we are coping is because of the numbers back supporting! The entire midfield was missing, getting used to that though. Good result. We are more than capable of taking something back at ibrox. Oh yes, We Are The People

No it didn't, our defence was rock solid. We made PSV like that, they where out of ideas after 20 minutes.

I cannot fucking believe the people that are abusing that performance tonight.

It was a disciplined and great performance in which we never really looked like conceding and were quite good on the attack.

Tactics spot on by smith and anyone who thinks we should have attacked tonight more than we did is deluded. If we had then

Psv would have picked us out.

Overall great performance and at Ibrox with hopefuly a good crowd i see no reason why we cant advance.

Well done smith and the rangers.

wee bear lol wee taig i think :disappointment: Feck off back to the shirtifters forums

Your description of Dioufs performance could have been used to describe anyones. I didn't say lafferty had a good game, but you can't just nitpick and say Diouf "done well" when he did fuckall. What do you mean Diouf dealt with a number of high balls ? If you mean he jumped for it and waved his arms, picked himself up, sighed, and walked on, then you'd be correct. Diouflover

I must be a 'diouflover' as well as I thought he done what he could tonight besides one point where he shoudlve shot and didn't. Held the ball up brilliantly at times, once again the composure just oozes out of him, doesn't panic one bit, thats a class attribute to have. I'd much rather it was Diouf in behind the ST but Smith obviously thinks Diouf is a lone man, I disagree