I think we're missing McCulloch..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, he's been average this season. Nowhere near our saviour, great (like some think), not as bad (what I say)... end of the day, there has not been one stand out performer, no-one has been consistent, raised their game. Individually and as a team, we have been gash, but we are still in there.

If Lee McCulloch is the best we can do, then there is something far wrong - if he's captain and the mainstay in the team next season, then McCoist has made a mistake.

Still, he's better than the £2.5m waste of space, Maurice Edu - who is horrific!

Edu was every bit as bad when 'McCulloch' was in the team!

Never. I know you don't rate Lee, but to suggest that is daft.

Lee can actually pass the ball. Therefore, by definition he is better. Get behind the team. (tu) We are who we are.

He took a lot of pressure off Weir,Edu is hopeless and gives the ball away more often than not.

McCulloch hasn't had a great year but I don't think our midfield looked as vulnerable as it does now without him.

Team is set around a 40 year old... pathetic!

Didn't look as vulnerable; the midfield has been vulnerable all season.

Never. I know you don't rate Lee, but to suggest that is daft.

Lee can actually pass the ball. Therefore, by definition he is better. Get behind the team. (tu) We are who we are.

I don't think you understand the post. I wasn't getting at McCulloch, I was slating Edu!

I don't think it's his so called "bullying" that we are missing, it's ability to make sure we keep possession by playing simple balls to start moves and his experience that we are missing.

Hemdani, Barry?

big jig is what he is.

he gets booked far to often. hes not as mobile as i would like.

but he knows his job well he has a good touch and passes the ball pertty well.

we do miss him right now for sure. thats not to say we cant do better than him.

i much prefer ness and am sure he will be a far better player all round when fit and a bit more experienced.

Team is set around a 40 year old... pathetic!

Didn't look as vulnerable; the midfield has been vulnerable all season.

Aye you can't argue with our pishy goals against stats but you've quoted the reason for that,building a team around a 40 yr old.

We've crumbled in midfield,Edu runs around like he's trying to catch a balloon on a windy day,at least McCulloch could find a player in his own team.

And yea that's pathetic from a Rangers player as it should be a bare minimum but we haven't kicked a ball in a long time and lack all the basics.

We give possession away far too easily. So while a 'hardman' would help us win it back, we still wouldn't be able to keep the ball for any great deal of time.

What we need, and may already have in my opinion, are players who are not afraid to get the ball, and make an easy 10 yard pass. As a support, we're not exactly the most patient. I think a lot of the time this pressure gets to the players, they panic, and try a Hollywood ball, or a dribble.

I would love to see an influential player step up to the plate who actively encourages the team to just keep the ball, without worrying about how fast it takes to get the ball up the park. I read a fantastic interview with Guardiola in the Observer today. He was saying that football's not like basketball; you've got more than 30 seconds to get a shot in at goal. A bit of patience and composure on the ball would go a long way.

Like um Ferguson, Hemdani, Mendes?

I'd bite your hand off for a midfield three of these guys. 30% possession against Celtic just wouldn't happen.

The three names mentioned have gone, Barry Ferguson rightfully so, his time at The Rangers was up, plus Kevin Thomson. Their replacements, Lee McCulloch and Maurice Edu - says it all.

We give possession away far too easily. So while a 'hardman' would help us win it back, we still wouldn't be able to keep the ball for any great deal of time.

What we need, and may already have in my opinion, are players who are not afraid to get the ball, and make an easy 10 yard pass. As a support, we're not exactly the most patient. I think a lot of the time this pressure gets to the players, they panic, and try a Hollywood ball, or a dribble.

I would love to see an influential player step up to the plate who actively encourages the team to just keep the ball, without worrying about how fast it takes to get the ball up the park. I read a fantastic interview with Guardiola in the Observer today. He was saying that football's not like basketball; you've got more than 30 seconds to get a shot in at goal. A bit of patience and composure on the ball would go a long way.

I know your a fan of him too so I'm going to throw it out there again, but I truly believe that James McArthur could be that player.

A lot of people didn't like him because he was "SPL pish", and obviously people will use the fact that it's not worked out for him at Wigan as a black mark against him too, but I think he's got the potential to be a very, very good player at the right club and he's one that we could probably get too.

I'm not a fan of big Lee as a CM but I've no doubt he would improve our team currently - that's not saying much mind!

For me the problem isn't individuals though (albeit we do have some poor players). It's more to do with our system and our inability to play simple passes and retain possession. Basically, we have no balance in the team, no movement, no fluidity and almost every player looks uncomfortable with the ball at their feet.

And it's been like that for a while now although the problem seems to have intensified in the last few months and Celtic improving has not helped matters.

The three names mentioned have gone, Barry Ferguson rightfully so, his time at The Rangers was up, plus Kevin Thomson. Their replacements, Lee McCulloch and Maurice Edu - says it all.

That's a fallacy oft repeated.

Oh how we could do with him now.

But we were too proud and narrow-minded IMO.

Just my opinion but WHAT a mistake that was.

Up there with Adam...but some can never admit it.

Tis pride after all.

He was and is a great footballer.

She does!

A girl who loves Rangers and knows her football! I did try asking her out but its only going to happen if we reach the Europa League final. :lol::(

Always good when you get woman making valid points about the game :)

Now shag me.

Tis pride after all.

His time at The Rangers was up, we saw it most weeks when he failed to show. Maurice Edu replacing him (that Edu has vanished) proved that.

Barry Ferguson has said himself that his time at The Rangers was up, he was becoming stale, the club and himself needed a change of scenery.

And this has had a knock on effect on Steven Davis.

The midfield of; Thomson, Davis and Mendes were going places, until Thomson ended up in a heap on the Rugby Park pitch.

All were starting to gel, play and so were the team. The trio complimented each other very well. Since then, we have gone backwards in terms of personnel and play.

Tis pride after all.

Nothing to do with how good a footballer he was and is. His performances had grown stale and his heart wasn't in it - he's admitted as much in recent interviews for Birmingham. It was his time to leave.

Like Muff said, The problem wasn't him leaving, it's that we haven't replaced him despite spending tens of millions over the last few years.

PS why are you writing in italics and talking like Shakespeare, you sound retarded

His time at The Rangers was up, we saw it most weeks when he failed to show. Maurice Edu replacing him (that Edu has vanished) proved that.

Barry Ferguson has said himself that his time at The Rangers was up, he was becoming stale, the club and himself needed a change of scenery.

Watched it as well Muff.

He was still IMO one of our best players.

To compare him to Edu is a laugh fest now.

We hung him out to to dry with the press thing...I didn't appreciate the way Rangers handled that affair given we were hypocritical with McGregor.

Barry left much like Hutton....unwillingly.

We should have kept him....Barry Ferguson should have ended his career with us IMO.

He hasn't and I rue that.

He's exactly what we don't have and need right now.

As to his comments re jaded etc....what's he gonna say?

He's got a new career and club and fans to perform for....all footballers say it...

All I know is....Brum fans regard 1 million for him as a steal and Eck's best signing...

Tis true....we lost a brilliant player and captain 'cause we were too proud/weak/wanted some quick cash...IMO...

But the fans could have backed him more.

He's proved himself anyhow.

It's no Adam....tis a shame he couldn't lead us to more silverwear....

We miss him...and deny deny deny....we do.

Shame.

Watched it as well Muff.

He was still IMO one of our best players.

To compare him to Edu is a laugh fest now.

We hung him out to to dry with the press thing...I didn't appreciate the way Rangers handled that affair given we were hypocritical with McGregor.

Barry left much like Hutton....unwillingly.

We should have kept him....Barry Ferguson should have ended his career with us IMO.

He hasn't and I rue that.

He's exactly what we don't have and need right now.

As to his comments re jaded etc....what's he gonna say?

He's got a new career and club and fans to perform for....all footballers say it...

All I know is....Brum fans regard 1 million for him as a steal and Eck's best signing...

Tis true....we lost a brilliant player and captain 'cause we were too proud/weak/wanted some quick cash...IMO...

But the fans could have backed him more.

He's proved himself anyhow.

It's no Adam....tis a shame he couldn't lead us to more silverwear....

We miss him...and deny deny deny....we do.

Shame.

Who compared Edu to Ferguson?

i think we are missing him big time, from some to controller the play, speed of play, someone to hold the ball up and get it going. lee is the man and we missing his aerial presence!

WHEN IS HE DUE BACK?