Next seasons strongest team

davis1986

been wondering with players being out of contract, loan deals heading home and weir retiring (almost cert). What do u think our strongest team for next season would be. Ad go, gk mgregor, rb cole. Cbs bougie broadfoot, lb wylde. Rm whitt cms davis ness. Lm naismith. Uprfront jelavic and hate 2 say it but prob lafferty. Whats ur opions

(tu) Would probably help ha

Sure would Colin. :sherlock: I'd hate to see guys pick a midfield of Weiss-Lampard-Ness-Iniesta and then just be disappointed if for some small reason they didn't come to Ibrox. :rolleyes:

I think Messi will take one of the mid-fleld slots with Hutton back from Spurs at RB and his mate Bale to solve the Left Mid issue.

Berbatov pairing with Jelavic up front looks a decent pairing and these additions should help take the pressure of the CB back pairing of Bougherra and Weir!!

.. and before anyone has a go my guess is as good as anyone elses at this stage!

My team next season (everyone fit and on form)

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra *insert new center back in place of Weir* *insert new left back. Let Papac walk*

Davis Hutton Ness Weiss (if still here, if not Naismith)

Jelavic Diouf (if still here)

A lot more questions than answers in regards to our team.

My team next season (everyone fit and on form)

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra *insert new center back in place of Weir* *insert new left back. Let Papac walk*

Davis Hutton Ness Weiss (if still here, if not Naismith)

Jelavic Diouf (if still here)

A lot more questions than answers in regards to our team.

Aye! Ye were gaun well until yea came to Whittaker! :sherlock: I hope tae fuck we have a better R/B than him mate! doh

Aye! Ye were gaun well until yea came to Whittaker! :sherlock: I hope tae fuck we have a better R/B than him mate! doh

I honestly don't think he's as bad as some people make out.

Then again, I can't stand Papac but most people think the sun shines out his arse lol :D

I honestly don't think he's as bad as some people make out.

Then again, I can't stand Papac but most people think the sun shines out his arse lol :D

I understand what you are saying, but then again,would be boring if we all had the same opinions.

My problem with Whittaker, is that he gets too far away from the oppo wide man, and we suffer big time for it.

But then again, every player I've saw who has played in that full back position, no matter whether it's left or right, defends in the same manner, which leads me to believe they are under instructions to play that way...let the wide men whip the crosses in and we will deal with that with 7-8 of our men in the 18 yard box.

When Whittaker gets close to an attacker, he's quite decent, but as I said, it's not often he does that.

Call me old fashioned if you like, but I like my defenders to do that first and foremost...DEFEND!

If I had the luxury, I'd play Whittaker in behind my front two strikers and see how he went there, because he is quick...has a great shot on him, and has decent ball skills.

And he played so poorly he was hooked. I was underwhelmed with his performance vs Bursa.

Me too mate. It's amazing how the minute there's someone new on the scene (regardless of ability or experience) they all of a sudden stroll into everyone's XI's.

Don't get me wrong, I felt sorry for the lad. Wrong game to be fired into for his debut.

We'll bring a few names in.

Preferably, I'd like:

McGregor

New RB Bougherra New CB Papac

Davis McCulloch Ness New LM

New ST Jelavic

Possibly even a new centre midfielder with a bit of bite alongside Ness. Lee is just clumsy, rather than a 'midfield hardman.'

No doubt we'll revert back to our usual midfield, of Davis right wing, Lee & Edu in the middle and a striker papped out to the left.

I agree.

As I said myself, more questions than answers.

i was really being conservative.

we could probably do with 10 or more players. its just hard to say if thats realistic.

especially with the continued non apperance of our half year figures.

i was really being conservative.

we could probably do with 10 or more players. its just hard to say if thats realistic.

especially with the continued non apperance of our half year figures.

We still need someone to replace Miller too.

McGregor

Whittaker Bougherra Bartley* Papac

Weiss* Davis Ness Diouf*

Jelavic Naismith

* - If possible to re-sign next year - I'd probably buy Foster for about 500k aswell. Maybe sign Goodwillie. Not sure who else I'd sign.