Bartley's injury worse than Lafferty's

bluenose_72

I really hope Bartley is fit but it won't make too much difference if he's not. Davie Weir will be able to do a good job with Boogie as long as Walter doesn't set out like the first half tonight.

Its a simple matter of playing to your strengths and its clear ours isn't in defence. Believe in your teams attacking ability Walter and don't over invite pressure. Do this and we might just win this.?

Laffertys looked worse at the time, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bartleys was worse given that he was allowed to play on. I'm sure Mr Wenger will be happy if that caused more damage.

The medic tried to stop him going back on but Bartley almost threw him away as if he was a rag doll.

Laffertys looked worse at the time, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bartleys was worse given that he was allowed to play on. I'm sure Mr Wenger will be happy if that caused more damage.

If it was that bad at the time they wouldnt have let him play on

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110317/final-worries-for-gers_2254024_2318535

by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS are counting the cost of their Euro exit with the news that Kyle Bartley and Kyle Lafferty are struggling to be fit for Sunday's League Cup Final with Celtic.

Bartley failed to finish the match when he hobbled with a knee injury at the end of the contest and is rated doubtful for the Hampden showdown.

While Lafferty was carried off in 66 minutes against PSV having taken a kick on the knee and is also a major doubt.

Boss Walter Smith said: "We will know better tomorrow but Bartley is more doubtful.

"Both have knee injuries but Bartley's is worse than Lafferty's as he took a kick and it might not be so bad.

"The injury to Kyle had an effect on us because he had been doing well and we took some time adjust to the change and it lost us a bit of momentum."

Richard Foster is ineligible for the final after appearing on the bench for Aberdeen in the early part of the competition so Walter Smith has some difficulties in terms of selection.

Vladimir Weiss failed to make the PSV match because of more trouble with his ankle and it remains to be seen if he will be fit for Hampden.

I'm away to get the rope. :anguish: x10