Paul Gascoigne

WWTC

This is a bit random i know, but is there anyway of us organising or suggesting gazza comes back up the road for one of halftime draws? Gazza gave me some of my best memories of a rangers fan, the guy was my hero and it was a priveledge to watch him wearing the blue. I know he was back up for the mclaren test., and i saw him at st james park during that tournament a few years back, but it would be great to see him up here again if only for a couple of minutes. We all know he has his problems, and as a club we do to, think of the lift we would get as fans seeing him out there waving at us again, i fill up just thinkin about it. It might even help him too. I dont know if all blue noses feel the same, but i love the guy and i feel for the younger fans going to games just now because they never got to see a real genius at work, he's as good a player as ive seen. I'll be honest i miss him bigtime, id like to think i'll get to see him one last time atleast.

This is a bit random i know, but is there anyway of us organising or suggesting gazza comes back up the road for one of halftime draws? Gazza gave me some of my best memories of a rangers fan, the guy was my hero and it was a priveledge to watch him wearing the blue. I know he was back up for the mclaren test., and i saw him at st james park during that tournament a few years back, but it would be great to see him up here again if only for a couple of minutes. We all know he has his problems, and as a club we do to, think of the lift we would get as fans seeing him out there waving at us again, i fill up just thinkin about it. It might even help him too. I dont know if all blue noses feel the same, but i love the guy and i feel for the younger fans going to games just now because they never got to see a real genius at work, he's as good a player as ive seen. I'll be honest i miss him bigtime, id like to think i'll get to see him one last time atleast.

That's a great idea. Don't know how well the guy is keeping these days, but I would love to see him do a half time draw. The reception would be fantastic and Gazza would love it, we all know he needs loving.

How would i go about this? I'll personally pursue it if it makes it happen. Who would i speak to? What about an online petition or something?

I know i saw him too, he did look awful, maybe thats makin me more eage to see him, it would kill me if we didnt see him on the park one last time. I think if he knew how much we all want to see him he'd be here in a minute, thats the kind of guy he is. I truely believe it would help him somewhat also.

Gazza gazza geez .... A wave.

How would i go about this? I'll personally pursue it if it makes it happen. Who would i speak to? What about an online petition or something?

I know i saw him too, he did look awful, maybe thats makin me more eage to see him, it would kill me if we didnt see him on the park one last time. I think if he knew how much we all want to see him he'd be here in a minute, thats the kind of guy he is. I truely believe it would help him somewhat also.

Gazza gazza geez .... A wave.

i said in thread foe RM end of season bash that it would be good to get him as guest speaker, few stories from him...gazza would sell tickets

i said in thread foe RM end of season bash that it would be good to get him as guest speaker, few stories from him...gazza would sell tickets

Yeah, a room full of pissed up folk is exactly what he needs.

Gazza is an alchoholic with metal health issues, who is having trouble adapting to normal life away from football, bringing him on to a football pitch to have a folk cheering him again is only likely to remind him of what used to be and set him back IMO.

Yeah, a room full of pissed up folk is exactly what he needs.

Gazza is an alchoholic with metal health issues, who is having trouble adapting to normal life away from football, bringing him on to a football pitch to have a folk cheering him again is only likely to remind him of what used to be and set him back IMO.

ok doctor ;)

what do you suggest for the man...lock him in a room himself and see out rest of his life ? obv he must not want to do stuff like i suggest or im sure we would have had him up here many a time . im just saying would be great to see, show him appreciation he deserves.

Would love to see this happen if he was in a fit state.

Hes responsible for one of the best moments in my life when he scored that hattrick against aberdeen to clinch 8 in a row. Off topic but does anyone know which end he scored the last goal at? Was only like ten at the time.

Its a shame he didnt go on to coach young kids, i know whatyou'll say he was hardly a role model, but he truely was a genius with a ball, not much will beat going to watch gazza every week. The night we played at firhill and he pretended to smoke a cigar was incredible, he was unplayable from start to finish, some of his tricks were jaw dropping, especially from the front row of the old jackie husband??? Stand lol. And thate goals against hibs and steau were just silly. Did i mention his celebration against the mankys at lego land?

Got to love the memories.

I think he is in rehab down near Bournemouth (tu)

Yes and doing well. Saw the interview with him on Sky Sports News and he looks a lot better than he has in recent years.

Hopefully this is it for Gazza, time will tell.

Hate seeing and hearing the negative stuff about him.

You are so right declan ! :sherlock:

WWTC, on 19 March 2011 - 01:44 PM, said:

You are so right declan !

Sorry, youve lost me....declan????