Neil Alexander

LucyBlue

We're blessed to have a keeper of this quality at Rangers, seemingly happy to play second fiddle.

When has he ever let us down?

No arguments, no squabbles, even when he was he was an international keeper himself and let's face it...could be again if he wanted.

He's class on and on off the pitch and I'm glad Gers recognise this with letting him play in cups...he's picked up a fair few medals now!

Is he the best 'second' keeper we've had?

IMO...I wouldn't cry if Greegs left and he was No.1 tomorrow...as long as we got a hefty transfer fee.

Let's here it for this guy!

He deserves some plaudits...cup final vs celtic? He was cool as a cucumber...then celebrated like a dervish....give him some love.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think he deserves all the praise going, must be difficult for him knowing he might only get 7-10 games a season and yet he is still happy being here and furthermore he's great pals with Shagger. Share your confidence in him, and if we were to sell McGregor in the summer it wouldn't worry me, which is the best compliment that you can pay him really

Cannot disagree with anything you say in this post the guy is a good professional never let us down never made a fuss just gets on with it.He deserves medals and recognition and I am sure it keeps McGregor on his toes by having Alexander at the club.

(tu)

just admit it you fancy him.

He's not a bad looking guy but I probably fancy him less than you fancy Greegs.

It was a serious thread, designed to acknowledge a player that's been great for us and be celebrated little...he wasn't some no-mark when he came to us.

He's been part of some of our best recent experiences...

I think he's the the true epitomy of a professional and a Ger....loved seeing him raise the cup.

Hope he has many more seasons with us!

He's not a bad looking guy but I probably fancy him less than you fancy Greegs.

It was a serious thread, designed to acknowledge a player that's been great for us and be celebrated little...he wasn't some no-mark when he came to us.

He's been part of some of our best recent experiences...

I think he's the the true epitomy of a professional and a Ger....loved seeing him raise the cup.

Hope he has many more seasons with us!

so do i.

as a side not there has to be a decent chaance hes won more medals than greeigs while here.

i know a fair few people who think hes the better keeper. but i dont think thats right.

oh and hes better looking than greeigs.

Think he deserves all the praise going, must be difficult for him knowing he might only get 7-10 games a season and yet he is still happy being here and furthermore he's great pals with Shagger. Share your confidence in him, and if we were to sell McGregor in the summer it wouldn't worry me, which is the best compliment that you can pay him really

This. It amazes me a keeper of that standard is happy to play second string. Have a lot of admiration for the way he conducts himself, never spits the dummy when he's dropped.

With Rangers, both being there, they've won the same medals, as one always deputised for the other.

Both for example won a league cup winners medal there in which Alexander played.

Alexander has at least one medal with Cardiff but I think McGregor may have some with Gers before Alaxander joined....their medal tally is close.

I'm not comparing the two as goalkeepers...tho I'm slightly less of the belief that McGregor is a god than most but I think he has a slight edge over Alexander.

I was merely saying he's well worthy of praise...I and I suspect you know he's too good a keeper to not be a regular keeper.

I'm sure Rangers do too...given how he's played.

But what other international player would do that?

The guy deserves our praise....and if he's ever number one, I'll be confident in him.

To be honest though if I was in his position I'd be happy aswell. Getting paid thousands a week to go to training 4 or 5 days a week and on the off chance he plays, getting to play for the club you love.

I'd be in no hurry to move.

On a side note I sometimes speak to Alexander's cousin at games. He comes from good stock, you know a well educated type lad.

Defo not snobby or anything, but you can tell they are an achiving-type family, if that makes sense?

Was with him on a bus trip to Bremen years ago for a Rangers game and he soon turned into one of the lads. Life and soul of the party on the bus :lol:

Totally agree and as much as I love McGregor I would sell him and give Neil the gloves using the money to strengthen the team.

Davie Weir and Papac deserve a mention also as the former has carried himself fantastically as Rangers captain and Sasa professional as ever regarding the talks with Bain.

Diouf's up there as well.

To be honest though if I was in his position I'd be happy aswell. Getting paid thousands a week to go to training 4 or 5 days a week and on the off chance he plays, getting to play for the club you love.

I'd be in no hurry to move.

True.

But name me one other regular international squad player that's joined for Rangers as definitive second choice to a position and barely played?

Yet stayed loyal, signed a new contract and been played in cup games for his loyalty and ability yet not been a first choice.

Name just one?

Can't say much more than has been said in praise of the guy - has played second fiddle to an admittedly talented keeper, but as far as we know, has never kicked up a fuss.

Best compliment I could pay the guy is that if McShagger did go for a couple of mil, I'd not be worried at seein 'Alexander' as our first choice.

P.S. - I gree he is a good lookin guy!

Alexander is up there.

Also Davie Weir, Sasa Papac, Steven Davis, Steven Whittaker and the way he talks about the club and conducts himself Ricky Foster as well.